Number of Clubs interested in Stephens

Feck that for the club :wink:

Starting bids should be £700k, i'm sick of us selling our players for :censored:all. Trotters went for £500k after a handful of games. Stephens has played a season and a half, shown he can run a game and what he is about, he's destined for bigger and better things and his fee should reflect that, he has at least two years left on his deal, is only going to improve BUT reading between the lines I think we will not see any signings until Dale is sold….

And any fee should be weighted to take into account bury's chunk...

Starting bids should be £700k, i'm sick of us selling our players for :censored:all. Trotters went for £500k after a handful of games. Stephens has played a season and a half, shown he can run a game and what he is about, he's destined for bigger and better things and his fee should reflect that, he has at least two years left on his deal, is only going to improve BUT reading between the lines I think we will not see any signings until Dale is sold….

And any fee should be weighted to take into account bury's chunk...

If craig dawson can go at around £1.3 million surley stephens can be around that much!

I wouldnt value Cody Mcdonald at 750,000 though so would want a fee and the player, im sure Norwich wouldnt see it that way

Good news is with more than 1 club intrested the fee will bump up

But to sell stephens ar £750,000 the add ons and then get cody mcdonald we are not actually valueing him at that are we? i wouldnt mind them loaning stephens back for a season.

As your a stats man could you give the name of these who players who we sell for peanuts and go onto become international mega stars.

Scott Spencer, young Philiskirk - we should have held out for £2million apiece. Gave them away. Trotman too. All turned out be Premiership quality.

Denis Irwin would be a good start?

£600k in 1990 was a fair bit of money bearing in mind the record transfer fee in the world that summer was £8million for Roberto Baggio so we can say thats the equivalent of £6million today (still a bargain for what Irwin went onto achieve) however I'm pretty sure Irwin said he wanted to leave at this point.

But for every Dennis Irwin their is a Carl serrant who we got £500k for went to newcastle and got injured and retired early. and for every Neal Eardley their is a Neal Trotman. I don't think we do any worse than any othe team in this respect we win some we lose some.

Edited by GlossopLatic