Leeds in trouble again?

Erm- I wouldn't start crowing if I were us. We have AMERICAN based owners- we could be one of the clubs being looked at. (NOTE to any lawyers reading this I don't think we have fiddled the tax man out of money in this way). It would be prudent to make sure we ain't before we start gloating.

Having said that- how many Celtic fans are their in the cabinet as Rangers not only potentially owe money to the tax man they also owe money to Lloyds which is government owned.

Plus IIRC there is an FA rule that says something about if a person has been in charge of a club and they've gone into administration twice whilst they've been in charge then they automatically fail the fit and proper persons test (think it happened at either Bournmouth or Luton). So if Leeds do go into administration (which looks likely if this is true) then bye bye Papa Smurf.

As for zeros point I agree with you- but I wouldn't be so keen as I think we didn't fully pay off our tax debts from when Moore was in charge- you wouldn't want us to be the club that they finally decide to make a stand against.

As for zeros point I agree with you- but I wouldn't be so keen as I think we didn't fully pay off our tax debts from when Moore was in charge- you wouldn't want us to be the club that they finally decide to make a stand against.

If I don't pay my tax I can end up in jail... I don't see why Latics or any other football should get away with it. I would rather Latics slip through the net for personal / selfish reasons of course, but I would not shed a tear if we was asked to pay up what we should be paying up. You can't ask for a stand and then see our selfs excluded.

Edited by oafc0000

not one to laugh at other clubs misfortunes but good! last time they where in admin and got sent down to league 1 i had full sympathy for them and me and lots of other fans wished them the best,

when they got back on their feet and out of admin they then started with the comments about how we have no money and were just a small club etc.

quick to forget the kindness of other fans to them, they deserve it, lets see them gloat about us not having money now!

Rangers and Leeds both in the doo-doo. I will be reasonably well pleased if this one has legs

Having said that- how many Celtic fans are their in the cabinet as Rangers not only potentially owe money to the tax man they also owe money to Lloyds which is government owned.

Give over Doc, you'll only set Tulsehill off about diversity in the Lib Dems again :wink:

If I don't pay my tax I can end up in jail... I don't see why Latics or any other football should get away with it. I would rather Latics slip through the net for personal / selfish reasons of course, but I would not shed a tear if we was asked to pay up what we should be paying up. You can't ask for a stand and then see our selfs excluded.

I get you- I really do- I just thought I'd point out to you how your words could come back and haunt you. But since you say that I don't think they will (they'd haunt me though).

Fire sale at Ibrox? As if it wasn;t hot enough there with all the flames leaping out of the sulphur and brimstone

Celtic have rubbished media speculation linking them with a move for Rangers striker Kris Boyd.

The 26-year-old, who was the Scottish Premier League's top goalscorer last season, is out of contract at Ibrox.

But Celtic said they were not interested in their Old Firm rivals' leading marksman.

"Welcome to the silly season. We can categorically state that Kris Boyd has never been a target for Celtic," said a spokesman on the club's website.

The statement added: "And at no time have we ever attempted to sign him. We will not, repeat not, be making a bid for the player."

We will not, repeat not, be making a bid for the player

Celtic spokesman

Boyd's future at Ibrox remains in doubt as the cash-strapped club seek a new buyer.

Meanwhile, English Premier League outfit Birmingham City have cooled their interest in signing the striker.

Former Rangers boss Alex McLeish had been keen to take Boyd to the English Premier League.

But McLeish's current Scotland striker Garry O'Connor is expected to agree a new deal at St Andrews which could scupper Boyd's chances of a move.

McLeish, who signed Boyd from Kilmarnock while in charge of Rangers in 2006, failed to secure Boyd's services with a £3.75m bid last year.

Blackburn, Wigan, Hull, Middlesbrough, Hertha Berlin and Galatasaray have also been linked with the striker.

Does anyone know who owns L***s yet? I thought they had to come clean some time this summer - that should be interesting.

I agree with LL - normally I feel for the fans in these situations, but it would take a heart of stone not to laugh at Leeds and Rangers. Also, the revenue normally errs on the side of the company, because it'll get only a fraction of what it's owed if the company goes under. With Leeds and Rangers, however, I hope the taxman cuts his losses and does the necessary.

Dont know anything about the Leeds story, but the Rangers article is mischievous, and any liability from HMRC (which will be nowhere near the figures being banded about) will be covered by Murray Intertional Holdings. An article based on an old story and a negligible source. Just like last time when Rangers were supposed to be £80 million in debt.

As for Kris Boyd, if he signs for the kiddie fiddlers, I'll buy a season ticket for them. Simple story is, they approached Boyd, Boyd said no. I'd say its 50/50 whether Boyd will stay at Rangers for £18K a week and guaranteed champions league football or £30K a week at Newcastle or Birmingham....

Edited by slurms mckenzie

This would be the single greatest event in the history of mankind... 10p in the pound Leeds going bust would be utterly wonderful! It is all a bit hypocritical given that we went into administration once upon a time and are still living beyond our means, but the top and bottom of it is that when we lost Kilkenny to 10p in the pound Leeds and (so I have heard - maybe wild conjecture) £11k a week I lost faith in football and its relationship with the taxman.

Bury the dirtbags, bury them next to Pompey and all the other clubs who have no idea how to manage their finances.

This would be the single greatest event in the history of mankind... 10p in the pound Leeds going bust would be utterly wonderful! It is all a bit hypocritical given that we went into administration once upon a time and are still living beyond our means, but the top and bottom of it is that when we lost Kilkenny to 10p in the pound Leeds and (so I have heard - maybe wild conjecture) £11k a week I lost faith in football and its relationship with the taxman.

Bury the dirtbags, bury them next to Pompey and all the other clubs who have no idea how to manage their finances.

That'd seal it for me DLV.

Dont know anything about the Leeds story, but the Rangers article is mischievous, and any liability from HMRC (which will be nowhere near the figures being banded about) will be covered by Murray Intertional Holdings. An article based on an old story and a negligible source. Just like last time when Rangers were supposed to be £80 million in debt.

As for Kris Boyd, if he signs for the kiddie fiddlers, I'll buy a season ticket for them. Simple story is, they approached Boyd, Boyd said no. I'd say its 50/50 whether Boyd will stay at Rangers for £18K a week and guaranteed champions league football or £30K a week at Newcastle or Birmingham....

I don;t know the ins and outs of it but as Murray hasn't bought a player for over a year* and is looking to sell the club I'm not sure if he is going to be willing or able to find that kind of cash.

*Granted they still won the league by a process of sacrificing goats to dark spirits and feeding their players the blood of virgins

+1

Am MIFFED off they didn't do it with Pompey when they had the chance

134 million quid in debt and rising??? And their still being allowed to trade

There are alot of people and businesses who go bust owing the taxman money on a fairly frequent basis its not just football where this is a problem.

and them at premier league HQ arent helping the situation, letting clubs go into so much debt, and then of course they have the parachute payments which means they get 48 million quid reward for having a crap season and over spending, but of course they offer the rest of us compensation what was it? 120k? with no way of negotiating the sum, I sometimes wish that the FA wouldnt get blinded by the money from the premier league and make a stand!

and them at premier league HQ arent helping the situation, letting clubs go into so much debt, and then of course they have the parachute payments which means they get 48 million quid reward for having a crap season and over spending, but of course they offer the rest of us compensation what was it? 120k? with no way of negotiating the sum, I sometimes wish that the FA wouldnt get blinded by the money from the premier league and make a stand!

How can you make a stand if you've got no spine?