Livermore goes back

Was told on Saturday that Yantorno has definitely signed.....along with that about Ernie's benefit game (which I posted up here Sunday). In otherwords, all from a good source!

As for Livermore....I can't get my head around this at all. If he was so bothered about playing and getting injured, why the feck has he just risked himself with us for the last 2 months??? Don't get it....clearly has a pre-contract elsewhere or he's just being an idiot IMO. Gutted to lose a player of his class.

We have forgotten the blatantly obvious conclusion ....... He'll be training with Doncaster on monday... probably with Constantine...

:wink:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ye but Shez can't keep loaning players because then we will never get a 'decent' squad and when the players don't perform how they should then thats even worse.

Everybody else seems to think he did alright, and particularly well when played in his favoured position.

I don't buy that theory. There's little doubt that Livermore, if fit, would have started in our remaining fixtures. It's not inconceivable he could have put in a run of great performances and carried us into the playoffs. So why on Earth would Shez tell him now that he doesn't intend to give him a contract?

It was probably discussed when Livemore started his last loan term. When it came to an end, he asks Shez "Ok, do I get a deal? I think that I have proved I am worth a 3 year contract" Shez, knowing he has his man from Gretna waiting in the wings looks at Livermore's wage demand as presented by his agent and says "You can stay for the rest of the season, but I cannot promise you a 3 year contract" at which point, the agent tells Livermore to walk and put it down as not wanting to get injured.

Guest oa_exile
I don't buy that theory. There's little doubt that Livermore, if fit, would have started in our remaining fixtures. It's not inconceivable he could have put in a run of great performances and carried us into the playoffs. So why on Earth would Shez tell him now that he doesn't intend to give him a contract?

......he could have put in a run of great performances and carried us into the playoffs?

I don't buy that theory ^_^ Iv'e got news for you he wasn't that good :lol: