Who's the most famous person you've met?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

other famous people i've met and fed.

clint eastwood-in jersey,C.I.

tina turner-majestic hotel,harrogate.

hibs football club-their centinery dinner in edinburgh

alistair mcgowen-same night...he was the compere and he was in the kitchens beforehand cracking jokes-really nice bloke.

jo brand-had a beer with her in edinburgh during the festival-she was a bit bladdered...but it was 4am!

jack walker(ex blackburn chairman) fed him at his daughters birthday dinner in jersey,got a very nice tip from him too...hic!

I was backstage at Reading with Clint and Graham of the Inspirals, no thanks to leeslover! B)

Several of us were at their after-party in Brixton this after Luton away last, no thanks to Diego :wink: Only one of us got called a :censored:ing idiot over the mike though!

Shame I'd planned the next day for when I was going to Balance the Force and produce the Unifying Theory in Physics. I've been busy since...

Ive met (then PM) John Major, Sir Bobby Charlton, Jet from Gladiators once phoned me from my girlfriends mobile (bizarre but true), David Dimbleby, Cycil Smith, Lisa Stansfield, some bloke from Blue Peter, too many latics players and staff to mention. Ive stood near the queen but dont think that counts as meeting her!

This is what last.fm say about you;

"American TV Cops were a UK based four piece between 1991 and 1998. Coming from the middle of nowhere the Cops self released several critically acclaimed 7 inch singles, recorded a session for legendary DJ John Peel before signing to UK independent label ‘starfish’ which was an ill fated liaison and after becoming somewhat disaffected by their experience, the band split."

middle of nowhere!....Cheeky barstewards

Sound like you were quite decent outfit.....

Famous People;

I once had email chat with Thailatic who was once in American TV Cops.......beat that one :D

"Middle of Nowhere"?!!! We were actually from the middle of England!!

As for critical acclaim I remember the NME calling one of our singles, "Punk Rock genius' :) And Peel saying we were "excellent". We also got a write up in the Chron, thanks to our (my) Oldham connection.

I'd left before the "ill fated liaison" as I thought we were "selling out". I stayed friends with the other guys though and we still keep in touch. Happy days.

I once gave the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh the finger in Liverpool. I saw the limo coming but couldn't resist. Whenever I feel ashamed at my unpatriotic behaviour, I console myself with the thought that The Royal Couple probable think all the worse of scousers because of it. (They at least got the Full English version of the gesture.)

Roger Daultry, Pete Townsend, Ricy Hatton. I met Joe Royal in Brannigans in manchester city centre.

Although i met him loads of times during our rogers playing days,

when i was a wee nipper. Don't think he recognised me though or chose not too as i was speaking to him one eyed!!!

Roger Daultry, Pete Townsend, Ricy Hatton. I met Joe Royal in Brannigans in manchester city centre.

Although i met him loads of times during our rogers playing days,

when i was a wee nipper. Don't think he recognised me though or chose not too as i was speaking to him one eyed!!!

Joe Royle once picked up and handed me the petrol cap from my brothers car at Udders Rd Service Station... Does that count?

John Paul 2, Bishop Desmond Tutu and Stuart Wolfenden (mechanic from Corrie) outside the Grapes after the Littlewoods Cup parade around town... Not all at the same time! :grin:

Any mid-90s Britpop fans will be disinterested to hear that I went on tour with The Bluetones two years ago.

I've met a few Latics players over the years. Chris Taylor's mates with the boys I used to play footy with, and I once served Carlo Corazzin in Starbucks.

I've been taught how to play snooker by Ray Rearden at a holiday camp (times must have been hard).

Steve Macmahon once told me to f off when I turned round from my seat in front of the away dug out to ask him what was the score. He got it wrong, should have been 5-2 to Oldham.

I got my pic taken with Bill Bailey at the Foos Gig in Hyde Park.

I have a mate whos dad is best mates with Timmy Mallet.

One of my other mates once interviewed Tera Patrick but it was over the phone (he works for GQ).

• 3 weeks later...

Ian Rush -cock!

Mark Lawrenson - Nice guy believe it or not

William Roache (AKA Ken Barlow) so far up his own arse he spoke out of it

Trevor Peacock (Jim Trott) - superb, even did the no...no...no..thing!

Joe Jordan - Briefly

Mark Owen - went to school with his brother

Denis Irwin - Quiet and unassuming

Some Dude on the Tube out of some programme the missus had been watching called Bonkers

However my own personal highlights were Andy Ritchie, spent a couple of hours getting pissed with him, Billy Ursom and two of my mates in the IOM in '98, whilst the rest of the squad got ratarsed and made reet knobs of themselves on the dancefloor!

and Joe Royle, met him a few times and the guy really is a true gent with time for everyone.

One surprise was Ronnie Moore, whilst not agreeing with his footballing style he was a thoroughly nice bloke.

Met Joey Jones in the IOM too and he was a great guy.

Chaddy the Owl, Andy Ritchie (lives on same street) alot of footballers. Played cricket with Paul Scholes ( his son plays for same club ). Met Alex Ferguson at a football tournament. Met Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Also met John Stapleton at a speech night at my school. Also met The Enemy after one of their gigs in Manchester and know Jonny Brown the lead singer of Twisted Wheel. Llestyn Harris and Barrie McDermott ( Rugby League ). David Lloyd, Andrew Strauss, Kyle Hogg (cricket) My mum has met Tony Blair and the queen though which puts me to shame.

Edited by Lordy

I think you gain a lot more points if the person you met knows they met you, on which basis, no :wink:

Off topic but, We were having a guided tour of Havana, (which is a must do before you die thing) and the tour guide was talking about a replica diamond located in the floor of the Capital Building.

"This is a replica of the real diamond, which was stolen and then returned and is now housed in the State Bank............though nobody has actually ever seen the diamond!"

Kenny Dalglish (Gave me a lift to Lime Street from Everton v Southampton in the early 90's)

Dave Gorman (THE Dave Gorman, not one of the other ones from Are You Dave Gorman?)

Jimi Goodwin (Doves)

Andy Rourke (The Smiths)

Marc Riley (A.K.A. Lard. See him semi-regularly at a music pub quiz in Sale)

Damon Gough (A.K.A. Badly Drawn Boy)

Maxine Peake (Played Veronica in Shameless)

Various cast members of Corrie shopping in Sainsbury's on Regent Road, Salford

Stuart Murdoch, Stevie Jackson and Richard Colburn (Belle & Sebastian)

Mani (Stone Roses, Primal Scream. Uses a Nectar Card too)

Steve Lamacq

John Peel (Shook his hand warmly at a music festival. I just said "Thanks for everything John")

Nick Bailey (Played Dr. Anthony Trueman in Eastenders. Managed my mate, an indie solo artist for a while)

Kyle Hogg (Lancashire CC)