NHL

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How very dare you. Where does your allegiance lie?

With the Devils. But that's not much fun since Marty through his shoulder out. 10 months travel waiting to see him play and he'll miss more games whilst I'm in the country than he has in his entire career combined!!

With the Devils. But that's not much fun since Marty through his shoulder out. 10 months travel waiting to see him play and he'll miss more games whilst I'm in the country than he has in his entire career combined!!

Tough break...but if you're in Vancouver (as mentioned on another thread I think), then at least you'll get to see the best goalie in the league (well, at the moment anyway).

Hoping to get over at some point this season as never seen the Pens play before and would love to watch them at the Igloo before it closes down after this season. Playoffs would be ideal but with university finals at that time it's going to be a tough call, not to mention the fact that it could be tough to get tickets for those final few matches.

Tough break...but if you're in Vancouver (as mentioned on another thread I think), then at least you'll get to see the best goalie in the league (well, at the moment anyway).

Hoping to get over at some point this season as never seen the Pens play before and would love to watch them at the Igloo before it closes down after this season. Playoffs would be ideal but with university finals at that time it's going to be a tough call, not to mention the fact that it could be tough to get tickets for those final few matches.

Vancouver are on a bloody road trip and will not be at home until I leave - which sucks, obviously!!

As for tickets, go to Ticketmaster.com and you can buy them from season ticket holders who are notgoing to the games... Not sure how many will be available or how much you have to pay but you might be ok. I've not got tickets yet, just gonna get them close to the game.

Vancouver are on a bloody road trip and will not be at home until I leave - which sucks, obviously!!

As for tickets, go to Ticketmaster.com and you can buy them from season ticket holders who are notgoing to the games... Not sure how many will be available or how much you have to pay but you might be ok. I've not got tickets yet, just gonna get them close to the game.

STOP HIJACKING THE THREAD YOUNG ACKS! Split and move...

Not sure about the Penguins (do they get really good crowds all the time or just when they are doing well?), but when me and the mrs went watching the devils, we just walked up to the ticket office an hour before the game and bought them there and then.

Gutted for ya Ack...I've seen Marty play ;)....but we lost. Must have been a bad loss because there was a guy behind me who proclaimed rather loudly:

"We're losing....to the ISLANDERS!"

Not sure about the Penguins (do they get really good crowds all the time or just when they are doing well?), but when me and the mrs went watching the devils, we just walked up to the ticket office an hour before the game and bought them there and then.

Gutted for ya Ack...I've seen Marty play ;)....but we lost. Must have been a bad loss because there was a guy behind me who proclaimed rather loudly:

"We're losing....to the ISLANDERS!"

Not 100% sure but I think that when during the Stanley Cup final the commentators mentioned it was the 30-oddth consecutive sell-out at the Mellon Arena. Plus add the fact that they are doing well and it's the final season, I reckon tickets may potentially be hard (although not impossible) to get hold of.

Was watching the game at Atlanta last night and the Philips Arena was pretty much half empty. Disappointing to see...with poor crowds like that I'm not overly sure they deserve franchise...

Not 100% sure but I think that when during the Stanley Cup final the commentators mentioned it was the 30-oddth consecutive sell-out at the Mellon Arena. Plus add the fact that they are doing well and it's the final season, I reckon tickets may potentially be hard (although not impossible) to get hold of.

Was watching the game at Atlanta last night and the Philips Arena was pretty much half empty. Disappointing to see...with poor crowds like that I'm not overly sure they deserve franchise...

There seems to be poor crowds all over the league. Only realy seems to be teams in Canada, North East and Detroit who get really good crowds. But even the Devils crowds are always poor, and we have won the cup 3 times in recent years. Only seem to will it against the Rangers, and that is because there are loads of Rangers fans there. When I went it was half empty. Interestingly, on NHL.com it had the attendance as 17010, in a 19000 seat arena...but it was half full at most.

Watched a game this week from Sunday night, Devils 5 Washington 5, devils won on a Shootout. What an amazing game, Ovechkin levelled it with one second on the clock to send it to overtime. Was one of the best games i'd seen for a long while.

There seems to be poor crowds all over the league. Only realy seems to be teams in Canada, North East and Detroit who get really good crowds. But even the Devils crowds are always poor, and we have won the cup 3 times in recent years. Only seem to will it against the Rangers, and that is because there are loads of Rangers fans there. When I went it was half empty. Interestingly, on NHL.com it had the attendance as 17010, in a 19000 seat arena...but it was half full at most.

Watched a game this week from Sunday night, Devils 5 Washington 5, devils won on a Shootout. What an amazing game, Ovechkin levelled it with one second on the clock to send it to overtime. Was one of the best games i'd seen for a long while.

Very good game and Ovechkin's celebration was similar to that of a footballer scoring when he scored, which is always good to see in hockey. Quality, quality player, just can't understand why he goes out to injure Sid and Geno whenever he comes up against the Pens.

Very good game and Ovechkin's celebration was similar to that of a footballer scoring when he scored, which is always good to see in hockey. Quality, quality player, just can't understand why he goes out to injure Sid and Geno whenever he comes up against the Pens.

Probably because he knows how good they are!

To be honest, if your having a Pens sig why you not got Sid on there? Crosby is the nuts. Him and Ovechkin are probably my two fave players (non Devils that is) who are currently playing.

Probably because he knows how good they are!

To be honest, if your having a Pens sig why you not got Sid on there? Crosby is the nuts. Him and Ovechkin are probably my two fave players (non Devils that is) who are currently playing.

3rd period hat trick for Geno tonight to turn 3-1 deficit into a 5-3 win :grin:

Leafs - Pens tomorrow at Air Canada... Can I afford it? No... Can I resist it... No, probably not.

The hotel we're in is litterally touching the old Maple Leaf Garden. It's a gorgeous building. It's like hallowed ground. Wish I could get in, but it's locked tight.

Hockey hall of fame was the business too!!

Leafs - Pens tomorrow at Air Canada... Can I afford it? No... Can I resist it... No, probably not.

The hotel we're in is litterally touching the old Maple Leaf Garden. It's a gorgeous building. It's like hallowed ground. Wish I could get in, but it's locked tight.

Hockey hall of fame was the business too!!

Is the Canadian air getting to you? Pens @ NJ tomorrow night...Flyers @ Leafs. Still, jealousy doesn't even come into it.

Note to self: Essay deadlines on Wednesday + not going out on a Fri night so can work + Pens @ Sabres = wasted night and panicked weekend.

Is the Canadian air getting to you? Pens @ NJ tomorrow night...Flyers @ Leafs. Still, jealousy doesn't even come into it.

Note to self: Essay deadlines on Wednesday + not going out on a Fri night so can work + Pens @ Sabres = wasted night and panicked weekend.

Yeah, I'm useless! Either way I want to go.

As for Uni work. You'll not get a job in this economy anyway - so why stress? :wink:

As for friends. If they won't watch hockey with you they're not worth it. Get Dave round for the game on *insert questionably legal Internet feed*.

See - easy to solve.

If they won't watch hockey with you they're not worth it.

Managed to get one to get partially interested in the Stanley Cup. He watched Game Five with me...Pens equalised with seconds to spare to stop the Wings from winning it...two periods of goalless overtime...and then, 'I'm going to bed'.

Pathetic.

It's a good hat trick :wink:

Yeah, that open-net third goal - scorcher :wink:

Just been filling in my votes for the all-star game.... always entertaining with my usual all-finnish selection... RW - Selanne, C - Errr Selanne... LW - Selanne... (well, apart from Lidstrom, Pronger, and the obvious selections of Sid and Malkin)...

Always entertaining seeing the voting results - basically the Red Wings and the Canadiens starting Line ups! I love Saku Koivu, but double the votes of malkin... err ok....!

Did Jokerit ever play in Manchester?

I'm sure there was a Finnish team that came to Manchester and beat the Storm in a pre-season game in the late 90s...*turns on potentially autistic memory*...think it was 3-0 to Jokerit.

Really rings a bell, can't work out why if it's not that.

Did Jokerit ever play in Manchester?

I'm sure there was a Finnish team that came to Manchester and beat the Storm in a pre-season game in the late 90s...*turns on potentially autistic memory*...think it was 3-0 to Jokerit.

Really rings a bell, can't work out why if it's not that.

It wasnt, it was HJK Helsinki, Jokerit's main rivals, wore my Jokerit shirt with pride that night! Some of the looks and conversations I had with HJK fans that night were priceless... I wore the either the finland shirt, or a Jokerit shirt to every storm game, so maybe that where your memory is from! :wink:

You may have certain memory connections with British Ice hockey as Jokerit actually bought the Newcastle Vipers... and changed the logo ond shirt to the same as Jokerit's.... that was during my time at Uni - so i'd say around 2000ish, again had the opportunity to toddle down the the Sheffield arena and wear the Jokerit shirt on a few occisions supporting Newcastle....