Manchester Congestion Charge Referendum

dfOAFC

Congestion Charge Referendum  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Your Vote

• Yes
    • No

Well that beats all. "Let's hide all that pesky science!"

This site is the best laid out and most comprehensive summary available online. It is updated and maintained by climate scientists, and is well documented with the real science behind this issue.

http://realclimate.org/

This is the IPCC site. The report put out by the IPCC represents the current scientific consensus in climate issues, especially climate change and man's contribution to it.

http://www.ipcc.ch/

The scientific consensus puts a very high probability (pretty f*****g sure) on the amount that humans have contributed to the current trend of warming. Let's put into perspective that Al Gore is alarmist, as are many others, but the fact that humans are contributing to climate change is established science.

Good links

I am certainly not trying to hide any science, i guess the point i was trying to make (and couldn't last night due to it being very late) is that there is no absolute evidence that humans are responsible for the acceleration in global warming. I concede that only a fool thinks that increased atmospheric CO2, deforrestation, and cow's farts have no effect on the earth's temp, however it is my belief that only a fool would think it is right to invest so much on the back of sketchy "evidence".

I also believe that if we stopped man-made greenhouse emissions tomorrow (whether it be H20, CO2, CH4 or O3) the earth's temperature would continue to rise to catstrophic levels. Yes millions of humans will be wiped out, that is the nature of the beast (or is that the beast in nature). Admittedly this is based on gut instinct and acknowledgment that Man can only scratch the surface of our planet's heating /cooling cycles.

Christ! we will be laying tracks to control Milankovitch cycles next.

PS Vote no

PPS as a exile living in peterborough can't wait for sat, there are 5 exiles here, and we are dragging along another 10 - should be a crap game then!

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PPS as a exile living in peterborough can't wait for sat, there are 5 exiles here, and we are dragging along another 10 - should be a crap game then!

Jump into the Gas Guzzlers and come support the fans team then! God knows how they'll take it if we outnumber them with our travelling following :)

Just to point out that regardless of whether you think the congestion charge should come in or not, the last thing I had heard, under 40% of people had sent in their postal votes by yesterday so it could swing either way.

If you want a say you need to vote!!!

Finally something we agree on..... :) You cant complain if you dont vote! :) Although people will :P

Finally something we agree on..... :) You cant complain if you dont vote! :) Although people will :P

I could complain. Because I could easily be impacted (positively or negatively), yet I don't get a vote because I live in East Cheshire Unitary Council area (Macclesfield Borough Council until recently).

I left the area about a year ago so I don't get a vote :(

And so instead you have helped influence some on here to vote 'NO'?

:)

And so instead you have helped influence some on here to vote 'NO'?

:)

I think some of you are voting No regardless to be frank :) Anything to keep that £5 in your back pocket :P

Luckily I go on a number of forums that are the reverse of the opinion poll on here :)

Going to be interesting to see which way it goes :)

I think some of you are voting No regardless to be frank :) Anything to keep that £5 in your back pocket :P

Luckily I go on a number of forums that are the reverse of the opinion poll on here :)

Going to be interesting to see which way it goes :)

Had you taken part in a thread about fuel duty not so long ago, you would recall that I am an advocate of increasing tax on fuel used for social and domestic pleasure, as opposed to only considering my wallet. Having said that, I am glad you didnt participate.....it was an intelligent, interesting and mature discussion you see.

:wink:

Link to one of the number of forums?