Manchester Congestion Charge Referendum

dfOAFC

Congestion Charge Referendum  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Your Vote

• Yes
    • No

Yours are far more interesting than mine.... :laught16:

(How's the gas guzzling CO2 chugging motorhome?)

Didn't get one in the end :)

Considering they can carry 8+ people I hardly think they are that bad on the CO2 front ... do you ?

Like I said, Im not anti car....

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh..so your concience would be clear that you could be renting out a people carrier that may be used not fully occupied?

I probably wouldn't rent it them... Apparently you have to screen people carefully and you would have to question why someone would rent a 8 people motorhome for just 2 / 4 people ??

Like I said, never went ahead with it...

I think 8 people in one car is better than 8 people in 4 cars... or four people in two cars..... Wouldn't you agree?

Anyway I doubt people using motorhomes for a holiday is all that abd when compared to many of the alternatives....

I think its sad how garcon is lurking for my information :D Go for it sonny... I dont have anything to hide :)

Edited by oafc0000

I probably wouldn't rent it them... Apparently you have to screen people carefully and you would have to question why someone would rent a 8 people motorhome for just 2 / 4 people ??

I think 8 people in one car is better than 8 people in 4 cars... or four people in two cars..... Wouldn't you agree?

Great holiday cramped up in a box with 3 others couples. Of course he would refuse to rent out his investment to people beating his door down with a wad of cash! :lol::lol::lol:

they could be lying about the amount of people that will use it.

as for agreeing to 8 into 1 / 4 into 2 ,would that be 2 minis or 2 jags?

Results only a few hours away now. I can see this being pretty overwhelmingly defeated which is a shame - whilst the current plan has some major flaws I think the issue of how best to move people and goods around the city does need to be properly addressed and it is good that a debate has been started about how best to do this. I hope that the idea that we need to look seriously into how we want the city of Manchester as well as surrounding areas to develope over the next decade or so isn't forgotten about.

Results only a few hours away now. I can see this being pretty overwhelmingly defeated which is a shame - whilst the current plan has some major flaws I think the issue of how best to move people and goods around the city does need to be properly addressed and it is good that a debate has been started about how best to do this. I hope that the idea that we need to look seriously into how we want the city of Manchester as well as surrounding areas to develope over the next decade or so isn't forgotten about.

Congestion charge in return for massive investment in public transport is an interesting idea in principle but totally wrong timing as the country heads into recssion and people are worried about their jobs, their homes and their bottom line. Another tax on motorists is last thing the public want right now.

Return with a fresh proposal, say, in 3 years' time.

Congestion charge in return for massive investment in public transport is an interesting idea in principle but totally wrong timing as the country heads into recssion and people are worried about their jobs, their homes and their bottom line. Another tax on motorists is last thing the public want right now.

Return with a fresh proposal, say, in 3 years' time.

Spot on Fylde Latic.

It'll be re-jigged, and hopefully I'll be able to vote for it then. But the zone will have to be drastically reduced to make me do so.

Spot on Fylde Latic.

It'll be re-jigged, and hopefully I'll be able to vote for it then. But the zone will have to be drastically reduced to make me do so.

I agree. The zone is too big. Something needs to be done, but this is the wrong option. A proper public consultation should be held over a long period of time. It should take years to sort something out. You will never make everyone happy, but the whole way this has been done is wrong.

Give us the amazing public transport first, like other places, and then we might believe that you can deliver this.

I agree. The zone is too big. Something needs to be done, but this is the wrong option. A proper public consultation should be held over a long period of time. It should take years to sort something out. You will never make everyone happy, but the whole way this has been done is wrong.

Give us the amazing public transport first, like other places, and then we might believe that you can deliver this.

You're right in theory Jac, but as we all (most know), that is unlikely to ever happen whilst we live on these shores!

Jump into the Gas Guzzlers and come support the fans team then! God knows how they'll take it if we outnumber them with our travelling following :)

If i'm not too hungover tomorrow (not likely) i might well come round and watch, whereabouts in the borough are you playing? And what time?

Guest sheridans_world

I think Manchester has lost a great opportunity here. My only comfort is that if labour stick to their word and dont give Manchester any money, they will be out at the next general election!

I think Manchester has lost a great opportunity here.

Lost an opportunity, hopefully there will be others to address this problem, will be a shame if this is the only chance we get. As has been said this wasn't the best scheme but hopefully now the ball is rolling all sides of the issue can work together to come up with another solution but lets be clear on one thing, there is no easy answer - it is a difficult question, a biggee that goes far beyond cars and roads - How should a 21st century city function - that is the question.

My only comfort is that if labour stick to their word and dont give Manchester any money, they will be out at the next general election!

I don't think that is beyond doubt, maybe not locally but I will bear my arse in my bedroom if Labour win the next general election. I will bear my arse on the steps of parliament if Dave and George are anything other than thatcherite-c__ts.