Going to Scunny? All you need to know

Glanford Park is around 2 miles from the city centre on the edge of a residential area next to a shopping area. When opened, it was the first new league football stadium to be built since the Second World War. The view from the visiting supporters’ stand is generally good, but there are some supporting pillars.

By Road:

The stadium is easy to find from the motorway. Leave the M180 at Junction 3 and take the M181 for Scunthorpe. At the end of this motorway, you will see the ground on your right. Turn right at the first roundabout onto the A18 and right again into the large car park at the ground. Limited street parking is available with a bit of hunting and walking.

By Train:

Scunthorpe station is over two miles from the stadium. A taxi is probably the easiest way to reach it. However, if you have time on your hands and are feeling fit, turn left out of the station and head towards the crossroads (facing a church) and turn right into Oswald Road, going past a set of traffic lights and the ‘Honest Lawyer’ and ‘Blue Bell’ pubs. At the next traffic lights turn left into Doncaster Road (where there are fast food outlets). Then go straight down this road and you will reach Glanford Park on your left. Otherwise catch the number 7 or 8 Yellow Line bus from the bottom of Doncaster Road (outside the Atlantis Chippy) to the stadium.

Where to eat and drink:

Across the road from the stadium there is a Retail Park with a number of eating outlets such as a Tesco's Cafe, KFC & McDonalds.

There is a modern pub right at the entrance to the stadium called 'The Old Farmhouse', Doncaster Road, Gunness, Scunthorpe, DN15 8TE. Tel: 01724 276376. It welcomes all fans but no colours are allowed. It is now a 'Wacky Warehouse' pub, and is wheelchair friendly, with its own parking and an outside area. Food is served, but arrive early if you want a table. The pub gets packed on match days.

About a five minute walk from the stadium on the A18 is the ‘Berkeley Hotel‘, Doncaster Road, Scunthorpe, DN15 7DS. Tel: 01724 842333. This Sam Smith’s pub is popular with home and away supporters. To find it go past the stadium (or park there first) and follow the main road towards Scunthorpe, and it is on the left-hand corner of the first roundabout you reach.

If arriving by train, then the ‘Honest Lawyer’ 70, Oswald Street, Scunthorpe, DN15 7PG. Tel: 01724 849906 is well worth a visit. Although a modern pub inside, it has been listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide. It is located half-way between the railway station and the ‘Blue Bell‘.

The ‘Blue Bell‘, 1-7, Oswald Road, Scunthorpe, DN15 7PU. Tel: 01724 863921 is a J D Wetherspoon’s outlet serving food, with a patio at the rear.

Scunthorpe Pub Guide: http://pubjury.com/search?find=1&q=scunthorpe

NOTE: The ‘Iron Bar’ at the stadium is for home supporters only.

REMINDER: The kick-off is 7:30pm.

By Road:

The stadium is easy to find from the motorway. Leave the M180 at Junction 3 and take the M181 for Scunthorpe. At the end of this motorway, you will see the ground on your right. Turn right at the first roundabout onto the A18 and right again into the large car park at the ground. Limited street parking is available with a bit of hunting and walking.

The car park is an absolute nightmare to get out of (I was nearly an hour the year before the big crowd). Better to continue along the A18 past the roundabout with the car park turn off, and take the next left (Hilton Avenue). There was a fair amount up there last time, although people seemed to get fairly pro-active as kick off neared. I had to take the scenic route back to the motorway as they sent me round that way, but it was still miles quicker.

There is a modern pub right at the entrance to the stadium called 'The Old Farmhouse', Doncaster Road, Gunness, Scunthorpe, DN15 8TE. Tel: 01724 276376. It welcomes all fans but no colours are allowed. It is now a 'Wacky Warehouse' pub, and is wheelchair friendly, with its own parking and an outside area. Food is served, but arrive early if you want a table. The pub gets packed on match days.

Parked on the road that leads to the ground from this pub. Free it was too. Also enables you to nip in front of those who have used the club car park :wink:

Glanford Park is around 2 miles from the city centre on the edge of a residential area next to a shopping area. When opened, it was the first new league football stadium to be built since the Second World War. The view from the visiting supporters’ stand is generally good, but there are some supporting pillars.

By Road:

By Train:

Scunthorpe station is over two miles from the stadium. A taxi is probably the easiest way to reach it. However, if you have time on your hands and are feeling fit, turn left out of the station and head towards the crossroads (facing a church) and turn right into Oswald Road, going past a set of traffic lights and the ‘Honest Lawyer’ and ‘Blue Bell’ pubs. At the next traffic lights turn left into Doncaster Road (where there are fast food outlets). Then go straight down this road and you will reach Glanford Park on your left. Otherwise catch the number 7 or 8 Yellow Line bus from the bottom of Doncaster Road (outside the Atlantis Chippy) to the stadium.

Where to eat and drink:

Across the road from the stadium there is a Retail Park with a number of eating outlets such as a Tesco's Cafe, KFC & McDonalds.

About a five minute walk from the stadium on the A18 is the ‘Berkeley Hotel‘, Doncaster Road, Scunthorpe, DN15 7DS. Tel: 01724 842333. This Sam Smith’s pub is popular with home and away supporters. To find it go past the stadium (or park there first) and follow the main road towards Scunthorpe, and it is on the left-hand corner of the first roundabout you reach.

If arriving by train, then the ‘Honest Lawyer’ 70, Oswald Street, Scunthorpe, DN15 7PG. Tel: 01724 849906 is well worth a visit. Although a modern pub inside, it has been listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide. It is located half-way between the railway station and the ‘Blue Bell‘.

The ‘Blue Bell‘, 1-7, Oswald Road, Scunthorpe, DN15 7PU. Tel: 01724 863921 is a J D Wetherspoon’s outlet serving food, with a patio at the rear.

Scunthorpe Pub Guide: http://pubjury.com/search?find=1&q=scunthorpe

NOTE: The ‘Iron Bar’ at the stadium is for home supporters only.

REMINDER: The kick-off is 7:30pm.

I won't make this one as i'm in Didsbury until 6 o' clock, knowing Latics they'll win this one and win well. However, i'm sure given the joke of a performance of Saturday, the trip to Lincolnshire will be about as inviting as a rabid ferret munching on one's wedding vegetables!

The car park is an absolute nightmare to get out of (I was nearly an hour the year before the big crowd). Better to continue along the A18 past the roundabout with the car park turn off, and take the next left (Hilton Avenue). There was a fair amount up there last time, although people seemed to get fairly pro-active as kick off neared. I had to take the scenic route back to the motorway as they sent me round that way, but it was still miles quicker.

Despite being the first one in the queue in the year of that Gary Mac goal I was still kept waiting for 20 minutes as the friendly Scunny stewards let a load of different cars go in front of me. To say I was :censored: off would have been an understatement. It is a well organised car park though with clear routes to a queue which will lead you out and its well lit, both sadly lacking at BP. Just don't expect a quick exit.

How easy is it to get to the sation after the game?

Is there usually a lot of taxis waiting outside the ground?

There’s a big super market across the road I suppose isn’t there. I could ring one from there. Never got the train there before, is it easy enough to do?

There’s a big super market across the road I suppose isn’t there. I could ring one from there. Never got the train there before, is it easy enough to do?

I would imagine that the 7 or 8 bus goes in the opposite direction too (if they don't do the free ones now that they are back in Division 3). I'd get out at the Atlantis Chippy if I were you, on Doncaster Road. :wink:

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I walked it in 30min last time.

depends where your traveling to ( you dont say in your profile)

best i can find

scunthorpe dep 22.21

doncaster arr 23.02 dep 23.38

dirty leeds arr 00.13 dep 02.35

manc picc arr 03.59.

means along wait at leeds

not realy practical if your working next day

depends where your traveling to ( you dont say in your profile)

best i can find

scunthorpe dep 22.21

doncaster arr 23.02 dep 23.38

dirty leeds arr 00.13 dep 02.35

manc picc arr 03.59.

means along wait at leeds

not realy practical if your working next day

I live in dirty Leeds.