Couldn't go today due to work so this maybe untrue, but, the picture of Taylor and Wits on the OS, was it from today's game?

If it was, Taylor looks like he's going to burst into tears.

Am I reading too much into it or could it be his last appearance at BP ??

Couldn't go today due to work so this maybe untrue, but, the picture of Taylor and Wits on the OS, was it from today's game?

Taylor scored a cracking goal Today which meant so much in terms of the timing of the goal and the deserved 2 goal cushion re established. He celebrated with passion as we all did and as CT always does.

Harsh Derek, but no more than I'd expect. :lol:

Given the article in the programme, I think the tears were nothing more than relief at finally finding his shooting boots again. And boy did he make damn sure of that chance.

Edited by garcon

I was sat infront of it and thats exactly what i thought after the goal.

Seemed to be crying and kissing the latics fans alot. Perhaps happy he had scored on his last appearance?

Hopefullly im wrong :)

Harsh Derek, but no more than I'd expect. :lol:

Given the article in the programme, I think the tears were nothing more than relief at finally finding his shooting boots again. And boy did he make damn sure of that chance.

Truth must hurt then Garcon.

Can you name an Oldham player that was worse on the day? He never got in the game other than the goal.

Don't read the programme either, waste of money.

Derek.

Can you name an Oldham player that was worse on the day? He never got in the game other than the goal.

Derek.

I didn't buy the programme - was reading it over my mate's shoulder. :grin:

For me, there weren't any bad performances today. Some drops in concentration here and there, but nothing awful. Taylor has been quiet for a few games now, and I think there's a few reasons for it. But he hasn't done much wrong, and we're now seeing that the team as a whole has more strings to its bow in the opposition half - which is a good thing.

I said to my nephew after he had scored that it was the only thing he had done all day so know where you are coming from Derek but Taylor did seem to be playing deeper than he has been doing recently and letting Golbourne do most of the running on the left whilst he dropped in.

I wondered if this was a tactical plan to create the space for Smalley to exploit? Taylor had his usual close attention but by not condensing the play into the left hand last third he forced the County fullback to play higher up the pitch than he would have liked to and as a result the left CB had to cover more ground and made the right CB play more central and left the right full back covering a lot of pitch.

When Smalley got the ball he had acres to run into and he did this very well for me - end product was some times a bit lacking but considering the goal he scored last time and the words from Shez saying to believe in himself more it is no wonder he fancied his chances when he got the ball.

With a few more games under his belt and his head held higher he will see the better opportunities and make a few early passes to the forwards.

Derek.

think it is a bit harsh derek...

when he got the ball he made things happen..its hardly his fault if he doesnt get given the ball...

second half he was more involved as people passed to him and he could of had a hattrick....

the fact is we exploited there weakness down there right with smalley.

what about the two decent challenges taylor made tackling back....

i know you dont like the lad,but he was hardly the worst player out there.

I said to my nephew after he had scored that it was the only thing he had done all day so know where you are coming from Derek but Taylor did seem to be playing deeper than he has been doing recently and letting Golbourne do most of the running on the left whilst he dropped in.

I wondered if this was a tactical plan to create the space for Smalley to exploit? Taylor had his usual close attention but by not condensing the play into the left hand last third he forced the County fullback to play higher up the pitch than he would have liked to and as a result the left CB had to cover more ground and made the right CB play more central and left the right full back covering a lot of pitch.

When Smalley got the ball he had acres to run into and he did this very well for me - end product was some times a bit lacking but considering the goal he scored last time and the words from Shez saying to believe in himself more it is no wonder he fancied his chances when he got the ball.

With a few more games under his belt and his head held higher he will see the better opportunities and make a few early passes to the forwards.

hellow there mt bt..how's you doin..it's a bit like coming out of the nick here ha ha ha corresponding with owd latics mates..what stand are you in

Alright Walshy, good to hear from you. I am usually in the RRE now but don't like it when we have moved to the little bit so I went in t'chaddy today. Plus my nephew is a tic but lives in Stocky and easier to sit with him than get tickets for RRE.

great to here from you tony..as you can guess ..in the main stand now..love to meet up for a few snifty's

That photo is a bit over the top for sure re emotion on Taylor's face unless he is planning on doing a Chris Hall on us.

Think it must be Leeds that are interested based upon the look.... :sign0068:

To be fair, he's a Latics fan and he has just scored in a local derby in front of the Chaddy End. I think i'd be so happy I'd be close to tears too.

But goal excepted was our worst player on the pitch. In fact, their number 6 excepted, was the worst player on display.

Derek.

His was forced to track back a lot because all stockports attacks came from the wings. If taylor hadnt tracked back so much then we would have conceeded more.

The worst player on the pitch? What a load of bollocks, until his goal stockport were still in the game, his goal killed stockport off. He didn't play as well as we know he can, but not playing well and making the 3pts safe for us..... he can do that every week.

Edited by cmr

His was forced to track back a lot because all stockports attacks came from the wings. If taylor hadnt tracked back so much then we would have conceeded more.

The worst player on the pitch? What a load of bollocks, until his goal stockport were still in the game, his goal killed stockport off. He didn't play as well as we know he can, but not playing well and making the 3pts safe for us..... he can do that every week.

Taylor - quiet start - worked hard to close down - great goal plus two decent efforts saved (header and shot) - Derek was obviously watching the same game as a previous poster (Oafcprozac?) who said that Windass was poor!! :tongue1:

Is that 'don't worry be happy' Walshy, the lorry-driving bird-twitcher? :unsure:

Indeed it is Diego.

I thought so, having read his personal statement:

“True love is letting your wife wash your Latics shirt with Aldi clothes wash”.

The jottings you posted regularly on JKL are sorely missed on here Walshy. Hope to hear more from you soon.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Thought Taylor did OK myself - more defensively than attacking-wise yesterday though. Taylor was putting in quite a few tackles and closing down Stockport players (on the few occasions they were in possession).

Enjoyed watching Smalley's running with the ball yesterday - he could do with improving his crossing though.

Lots of nice touches from Windass, but looked a bit off the pace at times - maybe needs to get a few more games under his belt....funny how different people see the game so differently.

Thought Taylor did OK myself - more defensively than attacking-wise yesterday though. Taylor was putting in quite a few tackles and closing down Stockport players (on the few occasions they were in possession).

Enjoyed watching Smalley's running with the ball yesterday - he could do with improving his crossing though.

Lots of nice touches from Windass, but looked a bit off the pace at times - maybe needs to get a few more games under his belt....funny how different people see the game so differently.

It looked to me that Taylor was playing a little more narrowly yesterday as Shez tinkered a little to make us a bit more solid across the middle with Smalley being given more "licence."

This allowed our new left back more room to "Bomb on" down the left as Shez looked to prevent Stockport doing to us what they did at their place earlier this season.

And some say he doesn't learn.

Cheers,

Harry