Prem Survival Sunday Thread

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Scunthorpe v Newcastle count as a local derby?

my mate's a Boro fan, he's paid £51 to watch that,and his 2nd team's Celtic. Life really is a sh*thouse sometimes.

On the other side my mates a Sunderland and Rangers fan...

So when do we think administration is going to happen? Only club to not have a relegation clause in their contracts.

Re-arrange letters: OMLA...

Does Scunthorpe v Newcastle count as a local derby?

my mate's a Boro fan, he's paid £51 to watch that,and his 2nd team's Celtic. Life really is a sh*thouse sometimes.

Depends how you define "local"...Scunthorpe is about 100 miles from Newcastle, so I'd say no.

Should Phil Brown really be singing and dancing on the pitch, seeing as Hull have only won 1 of their last 22 games and they've had to rely on Newcastle and Middlesbrough falling to pieces to stay up?

The move to Real Madrid probably wasn't the wisest decision he ever made...He always relied so much on his pace that he was always going to fade pretty badly from his late twenties onwards, especially after the injuries.

Not sure I agree with that. To be fair to Owen he was very unfortunate at Real Madrid, he scored consistently including a very good performance against Barca at the Bernabeu. He wasn't fancied by Capello and was a bit of a victim of the 'Galactico' mentatlity the club still had. The one thing that isn't in doubt however is that he scored goals whenever he got the time on the pitch. At Newcastle he has 26 in 58 starts almost a 1 in 2 ratio and that includes having some terrible luck with injuries and Shearer being a big headed moron trying to make a point. I saw him play away at Blackburn a couple of seasons back in their 3-0 win and he was by far the best striker on the pitch and that included Craig Bellamy who is apparently worth 14 million! With a decent midfield that day he would have got 3 or 4 no problem and I would wager with a decent midfield supplying him he would have far more this season and indeed the last. He may have lost his pace to an extent but he is still razor sharp in front of goal and an expert at finding space in the box, i'd be very surprised if nobody picks him up, especially on a free! The injuries may have taken their toll on his pace, but he is still full of goals, his injury proneness is the only worry. I actually think he could still do a decent job for England. If you give him the right service he WILL score goals. Talk of him being past it is absolutely bollocks.

Not sure I agree with that. To be fair to Owen he was very unfortunate at Real Madrid, he scored consistently including a very good performance against Barca at the Bernabeu. He wasn't fancied by Capello and was a bit of a victim of the 'Galactico' mentatlity the club still had. The one thing that isn't in doubt however is that he scored goals whenever he got the time on the pitch. At Newcastle he has 26 in 58 starts almost a 1 in 2 ratio and that includes having some terrible luck with injuries and Shearer being a big headed moron trying to make a point. I saw him play away at Blackburn a couple of seasons back in their 3-0 win and he was by far the best striker on the pitch and that included Craig Bellamy who is apparently worth 14 million! With a decent midfield that day he would have got 3 or 4 no problem and I would wager with a decent midfield supplying him he would have far more this season and indeed the last. He may have lost his pace to an extent but he is still razor sharp in front of goal and an expert at finding space in the box, i'd be very surprised if nobody picks him up, especially on a free! The injuries may have taken their toll on his pace, but he is still full of goals, his injury proneness is the only worry. I actually think he could still do a decent job for England. If you give him the right service he WILL score goals. Talk of him being past it is absolutely bollocks.

That midfield that Newcastle have is awful. There is no quality whatsoever.

Should Phil Brown really be singing and dancing on the pitch, seeing as Hull have only won 1 of their last 22 games and they've had to rely on Newcastle and Middlesbrough falling to pieces to stay up?

What on Earth does Premiership manager and Sunderland fan Phil Brown have to be happy about?

I sat there for two hours today with the Sky controls, predominantly watching Villa v Newcastle, popping in on the cricket occasionally and checking on the Hull v some other side I didn't recognise.

If Newcastle United keep that squad together, with the same level of fight, spirit and determination that was seen today, they will sink through the Championship faster than you can say "Elland Road".

15287713.jpg no words needed

In fairness to him he hasn't made excuses, he didn't complain about Man u putting out a weakened side against Hull (not that it mattered in the end), and he's said that they just weren't good enough to stay up. Neil Warnock could learn a lot from him.

That midfield that Newcastle have is awful. There is no quality whatsoever.

Fair enough Duff is a good player on his day as is Butt and Emre before him (is he even still there), but have they been supplying the chances? I can't remember watching Newcastle once this season and thinking they looked a threat, they just don't create anything. So who is to blame, Owen, Martins and Viduka who have all scored well at other clubs (Owen where ever he has been) or the midfield who I would say have been underperforming all season long?

No sympathy for the team, and to an extent, the fans.

100 percent deserved, the more I hear from a Newcastle fan "we are too good to go down" or "what will the prem be like without Newcastle", the more I wanted them to go down.

The way they got on the back of roeder and Allardyce because they werent playing like Barcelona, and calling for the appointment of a manager purely on a sentimental basis just shows how far their heads were up their own arses.

Might not have been pretty football under Allardyce, but had they kept him I doubt they would have been in this position now.

However, can sympathise with the fans in the sense that they have not only had to watch a team who simply werent good enough, but like us, have had to put up with watching a bunch of spineless players who could not give a crap.

If they dont get back up within two seasons, given the level of debt at the club, I think they are in deep trouble.

The way they got on the back of roeder and Allardyce because they werent playing like Barcelona, and calling for the appointment of a manager purely on a sentimental basis just shows how far their heads were up their own arses.

Clearly exhuming Jackie Milburn would have been a better move than appointing Shearer.

Taken off the Toon 606 MB:

Firstly I must admit, i was wanting you to go down today as i know were many around the country. However... After seeing your fans today and the emotions shown, i realise that the premier league has lost yet another huge club. Being a leeds fan, i know what it feels like to drop down out of the big time, but i'm just writing this to reassure you that in mine and many other leeds fan's opinions, The championship is the best league in the world. Firstly, theres no big 4. Everyone beats each other,and the league is never ever predictable. Also, the fans down here are amazing. I know what the geordie fathful are like, but there are very few 'armchair/prawn sandwich supporters'. There are also some VERY VERY good teams down there in the championship, not to mention the high quality of players.

What i'm trying to say is i know it will take a while to take it on the chin, but dont be too disheartened. Keep following your team and i genuinely wish you the best for next year. The Championship is a very difficult league to get out of and no doubt there will be lots of talk of you 'walking this league' and 'bouncing straight back up' but in my opinion consistency is vital as is team spirit so keep following the barcodes (Y).

League One is a very different story :)

Being a leeds fan, i know what it feels like to drop down out of the big time, but i'm just writing this to reassure you that in mine and many other leeds fan's opinions, The championship is the best league in the world. Firstly, theres no big 4. Everyone beats each other,and the league is never ever predictable. Also, the fans down here are amazing. I know what the geordie fathful are like, but there are very few 'armchair/prawn sandwich supporters'. There are also some VERY VERY good teams down there in the championship, not to mention the high quality of players.
hahahahahahahahahahaha "yeah don't want to play in the Premiership anyway, the Premiership's crap, you're better off without her mate"

Listen: Michael "Owen" is absolute pants, as I've been telling leeslover for about 10 years. He is not even good enough for the Championship. We'll find out his real value this summer, when the market decides that he's a pile of old poo. 'brough might go in for him. Someone to shine Alvez's shoes.

Altogether now: Cheer up Alan Shearer...

Listen: Michael "Owen" is absolute pants, as I've been telling leeslover for about 10 years. He is not even good enough for the Championship. We'll find out his real value this summer, when the market decides that he's a pile of old poo. 'brough might go in for him. Someone to shine Alvez's shoes.

Altogether now: Cheer up Alan Shearer...

I hope this is sarcasm. All those goals for England, Liverpool, Madrid and Newcastle and tricking teams into paying him thousands and thousands of pounds every week must have just been per chance. With the right guidance and luck Wolfy could easily accomplish that.