Scholes...... Again !

I know what the stadium redevelopment plan is for. We currently have a three-sided ground which shouts Conference football with every passing week while the economy continues to run on empty, and are filling the squad with fourth division players. Meanwhile the only noises coming out of the BP offices carry news of unrealistic targets they know very well won't be met.

Go figure, as our transalantic cousins like to say.

who? when? names please

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what the stadium redevelopment plan is for. We currently have a three-sided ground which shouts Conference football with every passing week while the economy continues to run on empty, and are filling the squad with fourth division players. Meanwhile the only noises coming out of the BP offices carry news of unrealistic targets they know very well won't be met.

Go figure, as our transalantic cousins like to say.

Whilst I also have great doubts about us ever having anything to shout about again, I think to accuse the club of not planning/aiming to get into the Championship is very unfair.

Whilst I also have great doubts about us ever having anything to shout about again, I think to accuse the club of not planning/aiming to get into the Championship is very unfair.

I have accused nobody of anything, just speculated as to what, to me, seems likely on the basis of what appears to be happening.

Which is about all you can do when it comes down to it.

We currently have a three-sided ground which shouts Conference football with every passing week

......that makes the lashers ground the local village park and this is a topic about Scholes which you've diverted into another chance for you to say the same old, same old!

:sleeping:

I have accused nobody of anything, just speculated as to what, to me, seems likely on the basis of what appears to be happening.

Which is about all you can do when it comes down to it.

Sorry, I interpreted your 'speculation' as an accusation, seeing as it was both negative and offered as fact.

"Meanwhile the only noises coming out of the BP offices carry news of unrealistic targets they know very well won't be met."

So please accept my apology, unless you're just moving the goalposts again.... :)

......that makes the lashers ground the local village park and this is a topic about Scholes which you've diverted into another chance for you to say the same old, same old!

To be fair, I revived the thread through making a joke about Scholes wearing the Corporal Jones T-shirt and he responded on topic. Jims Left Foot then responded to yesterdays topic diversion to which the Corp again made a relevant response.

Threads ought to be allowed to run their natural course in my opinion - if people don't want to discuss CJ's favoured topics they don't have to respond. He doesn't talk to himself, does he?

And here you are with the same old moan. Don't you get tired of repeating yourself?

I have, in actual fact, diverted nothing. Somebody said that Scholes might come if we are in the Championship; I pointed out that you might as well believe that pigs can fly, although not in so many words, and hinted at why.

The subject, therefore, arose spontaneously. As subjects often do.

Sorry, I interpreted your 'speculation' as an accusation, seeing as it was both negative and offered as fact.

"Meanwhile the only noises coming out of the BP offices carry news of unrealistic targets they know very well won't be met."

So please accept my apology, unless you're just moving the goalposts again.... :)

You're the one moving the goalposts. Or is it splitting hairs?

There's that negative word again, too. There seems to be a strange belief on here that by disregarding what's going on and 'being positive' you can somehow transform a situation. Yet nobody has bothered to explain how this process works.

Is it by magic? Or what?

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Right, back on topic......

Dont think we will be seeing Scholes play for Latics, regardless of what division we are in. Would not surprise me in the slightest if he called it a day within a season or so and took up a coaching role at Old Trafford.

Scholes as a manager of Oldham? If thats the route he wants to take, he has to learn his trade somewhere, and if an opportunity arose here (which I hope it doesn't, getting a bit sick of the manager merry go round and am starting to look forward to next season again now)

Never say never like ..

There's that negative word again, too. There seems to be a strange belief on here that by disregarding what's going on and 'being positive' you can somehow transform a situation. Yet nobody has bothered to explain how this process works.

Is it by magic? Or what?

Accusations are always negative. I would never 'accuse' somebody of giving to charity, only stealing from it.

I do, but only when I'm wearing a plant pot on my head.

That could explain the echo....

I'm not kidding - it's actually the third time I've seen him in Clarksfield.

Regarding his fetching T-Shirt......there could be a new OWTB range. "I Am Senor" could be one, with a ladies equivalent of "Watch Out, Leeslover's About".

Not sure that one would seize the public imagination given that my scoring rate makes the non-evil Mark Hughes look prolific :wink:

Not sure that one would seize the public imagination given that my scoring rate makes the non-evil Mark Hughes look prolific. :wink:

Anyway, :censored: off and stop bullying me! :ranting:

• 1 month later...

Corporal_Jones' date='Jul 6 2009, 13:36 PM

"People automatically think I'm an Oldham fan, but I have always been United. My dad took me to a few games, but it was always really hard to get tickets for Old Trafford. He was an Oldham fan so, from the age of nine or ten, he started to take me to Boundary Park because we could get in!

Which puzzles me as to why he was signed to Man Utd he continued to travel to Latics games by coach to away games dispite all the other young players (such as Giggs) going to OT to watch the first team on free tickets. He even commented on how he was ridiculed by his teams mates for this in a 442 article not so many moons ago.

Plus he must have lied to Taggart all those years. Even Taggart can be quoted as saying Scholes would only ever leave OT for the love of his life......Latics.

He has clearly changed his allegiances in the last few years due to the decline and ever lasting stagnation of the club......

Corporal_Jones' date='Jul 6 2009, 13:36 PM

"People automatically think I'm an Oldham fan, but I have always been United. My dad took me to a few games, but it was always really hard to get tickets for Old Trafford. He was an Oldham fan so, from the age of nine or ten, he started to take me to Boundary Park because we could get in!

Which puzzles me as to why he was signed to Man Utd he continued to travel to Latics games by coach to away games dispite all the other young players (such as Giggs) going to OT to watch the first team on free tickets. He even commented on how he was ridiculed by his teams mates for this in a 442 article not so many moons ago.

Look-I didn't say he doesn't support Latics; he did, if the Telegraph can be believed.

Or even more likely, whilst when it was initially said maybe he'd like to turn out for the side at the end of his career he followed as a boy was fanciful thinking. It was a long way off. Now with his career nearing it's end the thought of one more year in his current grand surroundings appeal for more than to trudge round BP. Those heady days when he could afford to think fancifully are now gone.