SPL Table - I don't get it?

What's all this malarkey about the tabel splitting in half for the last 5 games of the season, meaning nobody can move in or out of the top 6, irrespective of points won?

What's the point? :huh:

They did it for anyone who was in any doubt that Scottish football is a joke, just providing evidence.

What's all this malarkey about the tabel splitting in half for the last 5 games of the season, meaning nobody can move in or out of the top 6, irrespective of points won?

What's the point? :huh:

It was the SPL's attempt at making the league more competitive towards the end of the season.

The idea was that all the teams in the top half would play each other only one the table splits and likewise for the teams at the bottom. Therefore more 'exciting' games for Europe and relegation. Obviously with every crap idea it failed miserably as the title was a foregone conclusion between the Mighty Gers and the Dirty hoops, and the relegation battle was between two pub teams. Either way you look at it, it would take more than this half arsed idea to improve the competitiveness of the SPL.

Edited by Killens_physio

It was the SPL's attempt at making the league more competitive towards the end of the season.

The idea was that all the teams in the top half would play each other only one the table splits and likewise for the teams at the bottom. Therefore more 'exciting' games for Europe and relegation. Obviously with every crap idea it failed miserably as the title was a foregone conclusion between the Mighty Gers and the Dirty hoops, and the relegation battle was between two pub teams. Either way you look at it, it would take more than this half arsed idea to improve the competitiveness of the SPL.

Ah right. Cheers for that KP. Totally and utterly :censored: pointless mind! :grin: (The splitting of the division, not your explanation I should add) :blush:

Ah right. Cheers for that KP. Totally and utterly :censored: pointless mind! :grin: (The splitting of the division, not your explanation I should add) :blush:

Although the last game of the season decided the relegation issue between the bottom two teams, and the title went to the last game of the season, which in Rangers winning thereby Dundee United lost and Aberdeen stole their European place at the last minute. Plus, they can show both issues on different days and double the TV coverage too.

So, no, on a whole I guess it didn't work this season.