taylors gone

As childish as the original post is I have got to say putting ** MISLEADING POST ** is one of the saddest things I have seen on here.

Probably not. [Opening] Posts like these are actually pretty funny when done right, for example a BBC news headline that obviously means another thing. But for me they're done to death, and on the whole a waste of a click.

As childish as the original post is I have got to say putting ** MISLEADING POST ** is one of the saddest things I have seen on here.

When done with some skill or humour we have left them alone. However this is the 4th (?) one already this season and it's tiresome, especially when there's not even a pun or a gag involved.

When done with some skill or humour we have left them alone. However this is the 4th (?) one already this season and it's tiresome, especially when there's not even a pun or a gag involved.

Yet another Draconian act by these "god" wannabes called "The Mod's"

Pathetic

The latterday Latics fan is, according to some, a sensitive soul who has to be protected from home truths, pessimism and misleading pranksters. Or perhaps from reality as a whole.

Keep the Faith!

The latterday Latics fan is, according to some, a sensitive soul who has to be protected from home truths, pessimism and misleading pranksters. Or perhaps from reality as a whole.

Keep the Faith!

and christ himself sends us Corporal Jones :angel:

Well you know what you can do about it? ? There is a log out button top left of the screen, :wink:

The board is often heavily over-moderated in my opinion, with some mods being a lot more guilty than others. Double standards, or common failure to meet precedents set, if you like, is also rife.

For example, I have sworn on here in the past because as a regular reader it would appear to be ok (sometimes :wink: ). I remember getting a PM warning from one mod saying something along the lines of "No more swearing this will be your only warning". I could cope with that, and wouldn't have sworn in the first place, if other posters weren't 'effin n jeffin' all over the board, often unchecked.

As an alternative example, yesterday I logged in to discover we had signed Jacobsen (via a thread title). Interested to read opinons on the signing I opened the thread to be met with an opening page of people speculating as to who the signing would be. The title had obviously been changed.....quite frustrating, just leave it alone please mods....or add a footnote/description if you really must.

Another common Mod thing which gets on my tits, which, interestingly, contradicts the one I have just mentioned, is all the stay on topic/get back on topic business. If a topic deviates and is being discussed by members just :censored: leave them be. This is the very nature nature of discussion and some of the best posts/debates on this site have been as a result of 'going off topic'. If people want/wanted to discuss the original, often lame, post then they would be doing, and can do. I remember all the frustrating topic merging being justified by "keeping threads to a minimum for those who haven't much time to read" or something - well make your minds up fella's....

Above all, in my opinion moderators should act only to censor the board and to block idiots etc. Some appear to almost be trying to turn the site into a source of concise information rather than a forum for discussion. They are not required to shepherd us into talking about particular things in particular places, and unfortunatley razza, logging out isn't really an option as this is the only active latics forum.....unless one was to cut off their nose to spite their face.

The board is often heavily over-moderated in my opinion, with some mods being a lot more guilty than others. Double standards, or common failure to meet precedents set, if you like, is also rife.

For example, I have sworn on here in the past because as a regular reader it would appear to be ok (sometimes :wink: ). I remember getting a PM warning from one mod saying something along the lines of "No more swearing this will be your only warning". I could cope with that, and wouldn't have sworn in the first place, if other posters weren't 'effin n jeffin' all over the board, often unchecked.

As an alternative example, yesterday I logged in to discover we had signed Jacobsen (via a thread title). Interested to read opinons on the signing I opened the thread to be met with an opening page of people speculating as to who the signing would be. The title had obviously been changed.....quite frustrating, just leave it alone please mods....or add a footnote/description if you really must.

Another common Mod thing which gets on my tits, which, interestingly, contradicts the one I have just mentioned, is all the stay on topic/get back on topic business. If a topic deviates and is being discussed by members just :censored: leave them be. This is the very nature nature of discussion and some of the best posts/debates on this site have been as a result of 'going off topic'. If people want/wanted to discuss the original, often lame, post then they would be doing, and can do. I remember all the frustrating topic merging being justified by "keeping threads to a minimum for those who haven't much time to read" or something - well make your minds up fella's....

Above all, in my opinion moderators should act only to censor the board and to block idiots etc. Some appear to almost be trying to turn the site into a source of concise information rather than a forum for discussion. They are not required to shepherd us into talking about particular things in particular places, and unfortunatley razza, logging out isn't really an option as this is the only active latics forum.....unless one was to cut off their nose to spite their face.

We do our best in our free time for nothing. We generate an outstanding amount of income for OAFC and we never ask for public recognition for that. We can not please everyone, never claim to. We get a lot of stick and we turn the other cheek. We're only human, we make decisions based on a team consensus and we make mistakes. You point out examples of our failings, of which we're well aware and we have no objection to that.

If you think it's frustrating to watch us make those mistakes how frustrating do you think it is to never be right? You will complain from one perspective and someone else will from another, it's lose lose from our perspective.

If you or anyone else has a specific complaint or suggestion at any stage we're all contactable by email, PM or by posting in the Techie forum. Please feel free to do that.

Take a bow, well said :applause1:

We do our best in our free time for nothing. We generate an outstanding amount of income for OAFC and we never ask for public recognition for that. We can not please everyone, never claim to. We get a lot of stick and we turn the other cheek. We're only human, we make decisions based on a team consensus and we make mistakes. You point out examples of our failings, of which we're well aware and we have no objection to that.

If you think it's frustrating to watch us make those mistakes how frustrating do you think it is to never be right? You will complain from one perspective and someone else will from another, it's lose lose from our perspective.

If you or anyone else has a specific complaint or suggestion at any stage we're all contactable by email, PM or by posting in the Techie forum. Please feel free to do that.

Ackey,

My post wasn't so much a complaint - it was more the sharing of observations. I accept you mods do this in your free time and what not and respect that....however my point is generally that you do too much and that it is largely unnecessary or even for the worse!! Censoring content and blocking idiots is all that is required of moderators. Cutting the rest of the bull**** would likely save you guys time wise and the average user confusion/frustration wise. There is too much solving of problems which don't exist.

Ackey,

My post wasn't so much a complaint - it was more the sharing of observations. I accept you mods do this in your free time and what not and respect that....however my point is generally that you do too much and that it is largely unnecessary or even for the worse!! Censoring content and blocking idiots is all that is required of moderators. Cutting the rest of the bull**** would likely save you guys time wise and the average user confusion/frustration wise. There is too much solving of problems which don't exist.

......anyway, back on topic.

What car does he drive? and does he have a Latics kit-bloke thingy in his back window?

Guest sheridans_world
......anyway, back on topic.

What car does he drive? and does he have a Latics kit-bloke thingy in his back window?

:grin:

I was wondering if he had the little blue and white dice hanging from his rear view mirror!

I was joking , I meant no amount of complaining will change things