Latics Sign Gregan Back

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good signing for me. He's not a shoe-in to retain the armband though.

I suspect we've missed out on an alternative centre-half (Rehman?), thus releasing the required funds. Plus, I'll bet he's on slightly reduced terms, maybe with a big appearance weighting given his age.

As mentioned, once he got over his own troubles he seemed to be the one player (or one of very few) that kept it together through our worst part of the season, several MoM performances later on (often in vain).

Very good signing for me. He's not a shoe-in to retain the armband though.

I suspect we've missed out on an alternative centre-half (Rehman?), thus releasing the required funds. Plus, I'll bet he's on slightly reduced terms, maybe with a big appearance weighting given his age.

As mentioned, once he got over his own troubles he seemed to be the one player (or one of very few) that kept it together through our worst part of the season, several MoM performances later on (often in vain).

Would imagine it will be on more than slightly reduced terms

This is not totally unexpected.

He is 1 of 4 that I was told were likely to happen, 3 of them looking almost certain. All were names that have been strongly rumoured on here over the last few weeks. The 2nd of these signings should happen by Friday.

No names from me, but he is a c/f.

Cheers,

Harry

Sounds like the other three havent been signed by other clubs? Thats what I was fearing when the four players we'd offered contracts to were nowhere to be seen.

Is it anything to do with Rehman turning us down and Foster staying at Darlington (if he was a target after all)

Good to have him back as long as he isnt on as much as last time

And we still need another first choice centre half

Gregan won't be captain. But maybe this deal was always in the offing because when everyone was playing with no heart at the back end of last season he was putting the passion and desire to win every ball. Also penny probably made the suggestion of losing some weight and lowering his wages and will have u back.

Yep I'm pleased, I was gutted when he went, looks to have lost a bit of weight too. Don't know about captaincy tho.

Please sign hughes now, it was only when he went we started losing last season. PPL talk about his personality but he was always great with the kids taking photos etc

Yep I'm pleased, I was gutted when he went, looks to have lost a bit of weight too. Don't know about captaincy tho.

Please sign hughes now, it was only when he went we started losing last season. PPL talk about his personality but he was always great with the kids taking photos etc

AGREED

Very pleased.

I thought it was a common opinion that Gregan and Hughes were the players that we'd miss the most, so now our main priority is a goalscorer. :)

i agree with hughes but gregan defo not i see this as a step backwards 35 year old slow ok he maybe good in the air and a decent tackler but his age and engine will let us down as it showed in games near the end of the season

i agree with hughes but gregan defo not i see this as a step backwards 35 year old slow ok he maybe good in the air and a decent tackler but his age and engine will let us down as it showed in games near the end of the season

Towards the back end of last season gregan was the only player n the pitch who looked comfortable and trying to play with passion.

Yeah ok, It was Gregan who let us down towards the end of season :jester: