Hughes and Haining training

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so what happened then??? :grin:

Make of it what you will...not arsed who believes it or not...I know who told me and trust them...

Anyhow...Chelts away...I wasn't there but listened it on LW. Apparently the team were booed off at half time. Royle laid into the team in the dressing room and told them that "none of my teams ever gets booed off a pitch" to which Hughes snapped back "It's not your team though, is it?" Personally, I think that's utterly disrespectful infront of the whole team especially given the circumstances (1 down to bottom of the league.) Not surprised Joe slung him out after that.

Could we see a different attitude from Lee Hughes?

He isnt daft and he knows clubs are not clambering for his signature

And then there is the DP factor, 'put one foot wrong Hughes and you are out of the door'

Attitude or not still a quality striker

Make of it what you will...not arsed who believes it or not...I know who told me and trust them...

Anyhow...Chelts away...I wasn't there but listened it on LW. Apparently the team were booed off at half time. Royle laid into the team in the dressing room and told them that "none of my teams ever gets booed off a pitch" to which Hughes snapped back "It's not your team though, is it?" Personally, I think that's utterly disrespectful infront of the whole team especially given the circumstances (1 down to bottom of the league.) Not surprised Joe slung him out after that.

I wonder if Chris Taylor burst into tears when Big Joe and Hughesy went head to head in the dressing room?????

..and thats where your theory falls flat on its arse, because that didn't happen

I would take your word for it...however as a poster on here said to me via PM earlier...

"There were certainly some murmurs of discontent in the away end I remember that much."

Edited by boundaryblue80

18+ goals a season striker = Sign him up.

Not rocket science really. We need another striker, we ain't gonna get one as good as him for nowt. If Hughes went out on the booze every night it's because the manager let him. If DP and MG demand discipline then they WILL discipline their players. Most other football are knob heads and want to go out on the booze every night, it's call man management.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Technically, Hughes had a point. :grin:

But if that's true, I agree it's no wonder Joe slung him out. He's not known for abiding players that disagree with him (remember Redfearn?).

there was a lot of Hype about JR coming back. Hughes did have a point, but was also disrespectfull. If JR had had a more successful 10 games, I think he would have probably stayed on. But his results didnt set the town on fire.Infact if it had been anybody else, he would have been slated.DP sounds like a different proposition.

I agree. We know he's no choirboy, but surely any manager doing his job properly, can get him to behave appropriately. That's why they are called managers.

So it's whoever was the manager at the time at West Brom who was ultimately responsible for Hughes killing someone and ending up in the nick.

Come on. A grown man should be responsible for his own actions, and after what he's done Hughes should live his life as whiter than white,not spend it out on the piss because nobody stopped him.

No matter how good he is at football he's a buffoon, and I for one will be seriously hacked off if we end up giving him another deal.

So it's whoever was the manager at the time at West Brom who was ultimately responsible for Hughes killing someone and ending up in the nick.

Come on. A grown man should be responsible for his own actions, and after what he's done Hughes should live his life as whiter than white,not spend it out on the piss because nobody stopped him.

No matter how good he is at football he's a buffoon, and I for one will be seriously hacked off if we end up giving him another deal.

I could live with it

As long as the deal is on the clubs terms, as in "we are offering you £xxxx a week wages, £xxx appearance money, £xxx goalscoring bonus. This deal is non negotiable and if you do sign it, best behaviour or you are out the door.

Although the best behaviour or your out the door bit can arguably apply to any player

Edited by Lookers_Carl