As a Latics fan first and West Brom 2nd ( well my wife is from West Brom and we live less than 5 miles from the ground !) I can give an opinion on Di Matteo - For my money untested at the level -Championship ) and could be a Paul Ince if he doesn't win matches early doors. We were disappointed in Mowbray - demanded loyalty form players and talked about having a long term plan for the club then leaves at the first opportunity (Celtic) We thought we had a manager who was different to the rest but he turned out to be exactly the same as the rest!.

As for Penney I ended the season with despair but I am quickly getting more and more confident about things especially if he can sign the additional 2/3 players he is trying to sign.

Glad we resigned Gregan ( on balance ) he will still make a few ricks but he will be in the right place more times than the wrong place.

Don't think we should even consider ( if anyone is doing so) resigning Hughes -as far as I am concerned he has burned his boats and we should all move on.

can't wait till the start of the season!

The thing with Matteo as with Ince and all the rest of the good player good manager superstition, can he control a squad of players at the highest level? I think Matteo possibly could, but he needs to do it very early on, otherwise he'll not last 'til xmas.

Di Matteo holds a few significant advantages over Ince, though:

1. He's proved himself in League One

2. He's only stepping up one division

3. He's working with a decent "footballing" side

Ince went too quickly, to a pretty average side, and subsequently struggled. I think Di Matteo may have played this right, although there'll still be a certain amount of pressure on him to get them back into the top flight immediately.

As a Latics fan first and West Brom 2nd ( well my wife is from West Brom and we live less than 5 miles from the ground !) I can give an opinion on Di Matteo - For my money untested at the level -Championship ) and could be a Paul Ince if he doesn't win matches early doors. We were disappointed in Mowbray - demanded loyalty form players and talked about having a long term plan for the club then leaves at the first opportunity (Celtic) We thought we had a manager who was different to the rest but he turned out to be exactly the same as the rest!.

As for Penney I ended the season with despair but I am quickly getting more and more confident about things especially if he can sign the additional 2/3 players he is trying to sign.

Glad we resigned Gregan ( on balance ) he will still make a few ricks but he will be in the right place more times than the wrong place.

Don't think we should even consider ( if anyone is doing so) resigning Hughes -as far as I am concerned he has burned his boats and we should all move on.

can't wait till the start of the season!

whats the view on hughesy down there???

still like him??

so is frankie bunn, ritchie eyres, there still loved tho

only asking seen as tho they liked him at the time (twice)

Im a Latics and a Baggie,Most thoughts on L.H for fellow west brom fans are mixed!

A lot hold him close to there hearts due to the goals he scored and being a working class lad from the area.

Others just dont even want to hear his name.

But on a whole they are very gratefull as his goals got them in the top flight of english football.