Beckham faces angry fans

There are many ways to hand in a transfer request... Even at his peak he was the fourth best midfielder at United, I can't see him fancying Sunderland or Birmingham. He's better off in Italy where he won't be expected to run much.

There are many ways to hand in a transfer request... Even at his peak he was the fourth best midfielder at United, I can't see him fancying Sunderland or Birmingham. He's better off in Italy where he won't be expected to run much.

Go on then, i will rise to it. Who were the three better midfielders whilst he was at united?

You dont need to be fast to be a good midfielder, you just need the ability to put a ball on a sixpence and know how to get it around someone who is stood in your way. Beckham was better than anyone at that.

Edited by chaddy the owl

You dont need to be fast to be a good midfielder, you just need the ability to put a ball on a sixpence and know how to get it around someone who is stood in your way. Beckham Ricky Holden was better than anyone at that.

Amended

Go on then, i will rise to it. Who were the three better midfielders whilst he was at united?

You dont need to be fast to be a good midfielder, you just need the ability to put a ball on a sixpence and know how to get it around someone who is stood in your way. Beckham was better than anyone at that.

Scholes, Giggs and Keane were/are all better players than Beckham! The jury is still out on Nicky Butt :shock:

Keane was in the team for his tackling, nobody was better than him at that. Scholes was in the team for getting the ball off defenders and making the run forward to either lay it off or shoot. Giggs was in the team for running the left and either crossing it or running the right back dizzy until he didnt know if he wanted a poo or a haircut which he was amazing at. Beckham was in the team for his ability to cross a ball onto a gnat's cock from anywhere within 50 yards, and to take 95% of free kicks. Nobody was better at any of that than him. Everyone had a job to do and did it well, thats why they won so much.

They have got a point though. He signs for them, saying all he did about being dedicated to them and the league, and earning vast vast amounts of money in the process. But he doesn't seem all that bothered about playing for LA. If I was an LA Galaxy fan I'd be a bit pissed off with him. He should have known what he was letting himself in for before he went over there.

Keane was in the team for his tackling, nobody was better than him at that. Scholes was in the team for getting the ball off defenders and making the run forward to either lay it off or shoot. Giggs was in the team for running the left and either crossing it or running the right back dizzy until he didnt know if he wanted a poo or a haircut which he was amazing at. Beckham was in the team for his ability to cross a ball onto a gnat's cock from anywhere within 50 yards, and to take 95% of free kicks. Nobody was better at any of that than him. Everyone had a job to do and did it well, thats why they won so much.

You can pick one attribute from a player and say they are the best at that, but it's not like that's all there is to their game. Yes Keane was a fierce ball-winner, but he was a driving box to box player as well. He could play football. Scholes had an awesome scoring record as well as being the best English passer of a ball since perhaps ever, and even if he didn't win the ball as often as some he never gave his opposite man an inch of the midfield. Giggs was a very good left winger despite only learning to cross fairly late in his career, but also excelled playing CF, especially for Wales, and happily converted to CM for United, a role Beckham has tried but lacks the ability for. Beckham was getting found out by the time he left England, his one trick could be cut out by just getting close enough not to let him set himself up for a dead ball delivered in open play.

Haha I love USA fans,

They are mostly clueless and, worse still, they think they know everything about football and don't need to learn the game.

4 of us went to the Seattle Sounders v. Chelsea game last week and the most entertaining part of going is watching the fans. It reminded me of an FA Cup 3rd round match when a lower league (or even non-league) gets a home match against a Prem team.

http://www.seattlepi.com/soccer/408246_sounders18.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...tch-report.html

We'll be there when the Sounders play Barca a week on Wednesday too - it's like looking at the scene of an accident, you know you shouldn't but you just have to! :grin:

You can pick one attribute from a player and say they are the best at that, but it's not like that's all there is to their game. Yes Keane was a fierce ball-winner, but he was a driving box to box player as well. He could play football. Scholes had an awesome scoring record as well as being the best English passer of a ball since perhaps ever, and even if he didn't win the ball as often as some he never gave his opposite man an inch of the midfield. Giggs was a very good left winger despite only learning to cross fairly late in his career, but also excelled playing CF, especially for Wales, and happily converted to CM for United, a role Beckham has tried but lacks the ability for. Beckham was getting found out by the time he left England, his one trick could be cut out by just getting close enough not to let him set himself up for a dead ball delivered in open play.

Keane and Scholes I can go with. I'm not sure about Giggs though. Highly overrated, as I guess Beckham is.

Six of one and two threes. Giggs can run fast and cut inside, but couldn't pass the ball five yards for the most of his career. Beckham couldn't get free, but could pass. The difference being that Beckham could cross a ball with two yards space.

I'd take Beckham nine times out of ten. Well except that Giggs was left footed, in which case for England, I'd take Giggs every time as our best international player looked like they should be playing for your pub team in that position.

The MLS, or football in the US for that matter in general, never ceases to amaze me. Have a look at the pitch here in a recent friendly Burnley played over there.. :lol:

That is awful - and for a Premiership team too! Yes, football ("sawker") gets the worst facilites in the US - it's low in the pecking order.

I didn't watch the all 9 minutes of it - there looked to be plenty of families in the crowd so did the Dingles kick it off at the end? :lol:

I love how they are all quick to turn on becks yet their hero landon donovan although having possibly the greatest name ever was also doing the same thing

he was loaned out to bayern but they didnt want to keep him as they thought he wasnt good enough, he then comes back and whinges about beckham doing the same thing.