"We ARE part of Manchester..."

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where has this come from, you're the only person who seems to be mentioning the club changing it's name.

I know it may upset a few people in the know but this is a possibility, and I feel it should be out in the public domain asap. Whilst I'm pleased with the announcement of the new scheme I fear it may well go the way of similar plans. There's far too much piss and wind about the club, the playing side seems to be in good hands but when you hear club officials feel the brand of Oldham Athletic is not a viable concern (mainly because of the club's less than half-arsed attempts at marketing) and a name change could be considered then it will happen over my dead body.

Edited by oafcprozac

To begin with yes, further down the line the waters are much more murkier...

I just think all OLDHAM Athletic fans and supporters should be made aware of this idea that has been mooted by the club's hierachy and is being seriously considered to raise the club's profile, we need to make sure we can blow it away before it gets chance to become a reality. New Ground yes please, but not at the expense of nigh on 120 years of history and identity - Now that's a brand that can be sold if the club employed someone who knows his arse from his elbows!

I just think all OLDHAM Athletic fans and supporters should be made aware of this idea that has been mooted by the club's hierachy and is being seriously considered to raise the club's profile, we need to make sure we can blow it away before it gets chance to become a reality. New Ground yes please, but not at the expense of nigh on 120 years of history and identity - Now that's a brand that can be sold if the club employed someone who knows his arse from his elbows!

Why should this be treated as anything other than scaremongering?

I'm right with you on this one. There's no way I can see it happening but even if it's the tiniest idea from the least important member of the decision making it needs stamping out right now. I'm hardly enthralled by the plans as it is but I'm sure there's plenty more details to come to win me round, but if they take Oldham out of Latics then they will take Latics out of me.

I wish it was

Quite obviously if this was to happen there would be no way i would follow them anymore and the TTA would be become as bad as Enckleman in my eyes. However more concrete evidence of this going on needs to be shown or proved first as someone else said this is nothing more than scare mongering!

So they are going to rename the club to Failsworth Athletic Football Club...

:lol:

...ok... :)

Believe what you want, but when the :censored: hits the fan further down the line...possibly not Failsworth Athletic, but renaming yes. The club hierachy believe Oldham Athletic not to be a viable brand and therefore believe renaming the club would re-generate both interest in the club and it's coffers. As I say it's up to you but I'm not in the habit of posting bull:censored: and tbh I don't usually post the large amount of information I get to know, which is 99% spot on. If there is even the tiniest chance of this becoming a reality we have to nio it in the bud.

Believe what you want, but when the :censored: hits the fan further down the line...possibly not Failsworth Athletic, but renaming yes. The club hierachy believe Oldham Athletic not to be a viable brand and therefore believe renaming the club would re-generate both interest in the club and it's coffers. As I say it's up to you but I'm not in the habit of posting bull:censored: and tbh I don't usually post the large amount of information I get to know, which is 99% spot on. If there is even the tiniest chance of this becoming a reality we have to nio it in the bud.

The people dismissing this are probably the same :censored: who were singing Chris Moore's name outside of Loftus Road, whereas others where asking pretty searching questions of his intentions for the club. Blind faith in any owners takes us down a dangerous path.

Believe what you want, but when the :censored: hits the fan further down the line...possibly not Failsworth Athletic, but renaming yes. The club hierachy believe Oldham Athletic not to be a viable brand and therefore believe renaming the club would re-generate both interest in the club and it's coffers. As I say it's up to you but I'm not in the habit of posting bull:censored: and tbh I don't usually post the large amount of information I get to know, which is 99% spot on. If there is even the tiniest chance of this becoming a reality we have to nip it in the bud.

Absolutely right, nipped in the bud in the very first instance.

The very first day that we are not called Oldham Athletic will the very first day in my entire life that I have not supported the club.

How about a move back to Pine Villa ?

Personally I think that would be a interesting idea!

That I would find acceptable a name steeped in OUR history and an intrinsic link to our roots. TBH I can see why the owners have mooted the idea, everything about Oldham seems to be negative and ok any idea that will make money has to be considered BUT if the cost is the identity of the club then it has to be no go. Especially when the club are losing money hand over fist but display a gross indifference to actual pro-active marketing of the club, some of the stories i'm hearing from thise in the know are frightening.

If it means moving to a location where we are self sustainable and planning for the future, i'd be happy with it on the moon!*

All this about changing name, please. Not a chance that would happen and deep down I'm sure you think the same. We have moved to the BORDERLINE of Oldham and Manchester. If that means we can develop a stadium with the support of the council with better facilities to enable OAFC to be financially sustainable, it would be an excellent move.

*Warning to PC brigade: Acknowledged over exaggeration. :wink:

The people dismissing this are probably the same :censored: who were singing Chris Moore's name outside of Loftus Road, whereas others where asking pretty searching questions of his intentions for the club. Blind faith in any owners takes us down a dangerous path.

Nice extremes there prozac, basically you are saying ask questions of TTA but not of you? Lets not mention anything about how potentially damaging to the club such whistleblowing activity could be if there are no truth in them.

Personally I would be more surprised if this didn't happen

The more I think about it the more I think I agree....

Lets face it, Oldham isn't interested in the football club... Maybe going back to a generic name like Pine Villa would open the door way of people from Failsworth & Newton Heath being interested in coming ? and it sticks with out past...

Now if they wanted to call it something like Manchester North End or something piss pot... I think I will start watching Warrington FC...

Edited by oafc0000

Nice extremes there prozac, basically you are saying ask questions of TTA but not of you? Lets not mention anything about how potentially damaging to the club such whistleblowing activity could be if there are no truth in them.

You'll have to ask the Trust then won't you...

If it means moving to a location where we are self sustainable and planning for the future, i'd be happy with it on the moon!*

All this about changing name, please. Not a chance that would happen and deep down I'm sure you think the same. We have moved to the BORDERLINE of Oldham and Manchester. If that means we can develop a stadium with the support of the council with better facilities to enable OAFC to be financially sustainable, it would be an excellent move.

*Warning to PC brigade: Acknowledged over exaggeration. :wink:

there is no reason not to call it Boundary Park again, as it is on the boundary of oldham. Visiting fans may get confused