New Stadium name - Suggestion

Guest FyldeBlue

Guest FyldeBlue

As the expected completion date is estimated for 2011-2012 and the latter is a special year.

How about OAFC - OLYMPIC STADIUM ... :redrose:

Guest FyldeBlue
Yeah I see the logic in that, how about Boundary Park cos it's on the boundary!

Only a genius to think of that one Lags !.....Suspect it could have been mentioned before now I realise how you do it. :blink:

The Topps Tiles Arena - It's going to be a sponsored name I'm sure

Sigh.

The single biggest drawback of a new stadium is the loss of a genuine sense of identity. Whilst some clubs choose to give the stadium a 'proper' name (Riverside, Stadium of Light, New Den etc), most fall into the depressing trap of a sponsor name from the start (Emerates, Reebok, Walkers etc).

It gets worse when the sposon changes e.g. Huddersfield McApline to Galpharm. I'm waiting for the next deal toresult in the "Mamas and Papas Stadium" (a local company I think) - I'll rib the hell out of the fans at work.

On the topic...

BTB Stadium (Beyond the Boundary)

New Boundary Park (dull I know)

Sigh.

The single biggest drawback of a new stadium is the loss of a genuine sense of identity. Whilst some clubs choose to give the stadium a 'proper' name (Riverside, Stadium of Light, New Den etc), most fall into the depressing trap of a sponsor name from the start (Emerates, Reebok, Walkers etc).

It gets worse when the sposon changes e.g. Huddersfield McApline to Galpharm. I'm waiting for the next deal toresult in the "Mamas and Papas Stadium" (a local company I think) - I'll rib the hell out of the fans at work.

On the topic...

BTB Stadium (Beyond the Boundary)

New Boundary Park (dull I know)

It is sad but I'd be suprised if Corney etc aren't in talks with firms at present about sponsoring it

i think the new home end should be called the ernie cooksey stand ...

Ha ha ha, oh your serious.

The stadium and stands will be sponsored.

If we do name the stands after former players lets stick to real legends only please TTA.

Guest sheridans_world

I like the New Boundary Park.

Might be dull but it fits and is applicable.

Shresbury have the new meadow....

It was known as the BT Cellnet Riverside stadium initially wasn't it? Sort of a half and half job there from them. Think it is just The Riverside now.

I think they gave it the name Riverside but also allowed it to be sponsored from the very start. However this meant that it had a definitive name that wouild remain if sponsorship stopped / changed.

I have no issue with this method, for example:

The Chaddy is the Chaddy - it will never get referred to as Seatons Stand, Detect All etc other than in official documentation and by the stadium announcer.

Having read the statement on the website other names:

Broadway

Memorial Park

Lancaster Field

I like the idea of the name having some link to the location, and I prefer not to have the word 'stadium' if possible.

I think they gave it the name Riverside but also allowed it to be sponsored from the very start. However this meant that it had a definitive name that wouild remain if sponsorship stopped / changed.

I have no issue with this method, for example:

The Chaddy is the Chaddy - it will never get referred to as Seatons Stand, Detect All etc other than in official documentation and by the stadium announcer.

Having read the statement on the website other names:

Broadway

Memorial Park

Lancaster Field

I like the idea of the name having some link to the location, and I prefer not to have the word 'stadium' if possible.

Something with Lancaster would be good I feel. It's the name of the place we are going to so it would be right. I'm not keen on having something like the New Boundary Park. It's backwards looking when we should all be looking to the future.

Think the official name is City of Manchester stadium but alot of the city fans I know simply refer to it as eastlands

Isn't the stadium called City of Manchester Stadium, but the area is called Eastlands? So both are correct.

The stadium name I can't get my head around is West Ham. Is it Upton Park or the Boleyn Ground?

Or 'arena'

I personally like 'lancaster field' or new boundary park, and if the stadium rights were to be sold, would prefer "<insert company name>" sponsored lancaster field/new boundary park

But at end of day £££ talks, and I would imagine the <insert company name> arena/stadium would fetch in more £££ than the above

Guest sheridans_world
But at end of day £££ talks, and I would imagine the <insert company name> arena/stadium would fetch in more £££ than the above

No doubt the "working title" will be the name the fans latch on to and will call the ground that instead of The <kwick fit parts and accessories> stadium

Or 'arena'

I personally like 'lancaster field' or new boundary park, and if the stadium rights were to be sold, would prefer "<insert company name>" sponsored lancaster field/new boundary park

Totally agree, before Arsenal has the sponsorship of Emirates, Ashburton Grove was a good name.

Any names for the site/area we're going to....that's apart from Lancaster of course.