Mice and Men

I just wrote to Alan and Simon to say thanks, but add to the wish list!

Dear Alan and Simon,

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for your tenacity in coming up with such a great ground proposal. I know in this current economic climate that we are very lucky to have such plans. And that we will be the envy of many clubs for the next few years in being able to forge ahead, where others will not have the fudnging in place any more.

Of course, there is going to be a huge wish list for people to have for the new stadium, but I would like you to consider oen that others may not have mentioned yet.

The acoustics: would it be possible to engineer the stands so that the home support is magnified to the equivalent of 100,000 men and the away support of 10 mice.

Rather than the other way round as is currently the case at Boundary Park!

Seriously, I'd just like this opportunity to again say thanks.

Yours in sincere appreciation,

Edited by singe

Dear Alan and Simon,

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for your tenacity in coming up with such a great ground proposal. I know in this current economic climate that we are very lucky to have such plans. And that we will be the envy of many clubs for the next few years in being able to forge ahead, where others will not have the fudnging in place any more.

Of course, there is going to be a huge wish list for people to have for the new stadium, but I would like you to consider oen that others may not have mentioned yet.

The acoustics: would it be possible to engineer the stands so that the home support is magnified to the equivalent of 100,000 men and the away support of 10 mice.

Why would we want it to sound like 100,000 men shouting "F*** Off Eardley, You're gash!"? :wink:

I think this letter will only work if we use Steinbeck analogies.

I'm sure we can do something with leaving the desolate wasteland and heading towards a new beginning*.

*Then again, they end up as bad as they were, so probably not the best analogy on that one.

I'll get in there before CJ:

The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft agley.

I

have just had an email reply from Alan (Top man!), I am sure he will not mind me copying it!

Thansk Alan!

Many thanks for you email, and your support.

We will speak with the architects and try to ensure that your wish is achieved.

Kind regards

Alan

Alan Hardy

Chief Executive/Director

Oldham Athletic AFC

Dear Alan and Simon,

Just out of interest....

How does anyone know the proposals are great? We haven't seen any plans yet.

Just out of interest....

How does anyone know the proposals are great? We haven't seen any plans yet.

I think you ahve answered your own questions. No one (including me) has said the plans were great, just the proposals. As you say we have not seen the plans yet.

It took the proposal being the sell BP, move to Failsworth, reduce the debt, have a brand new stadium with no debt to build it, and the atempt to make us self financing.

If alan is providing wishes, i say we have a lap dancing area, when the games a bit stale, and the pies are all gone, the gentlemen among us will congregate at the bottom of a floodlight where a big bottom'd lass whould gyrate for us!

If alan is providing wishes, i say we have a lap dancing area, when the games a bit stale, and the pies are all gone, the gentlemen among us will congregate at the bottom of a floodlight where a big bottom'd lass whould gyrate for us!

It would be Gordon in a mankini.... Only at Latics :)

We don't need technology so much, as we can already hear it at BP. If you have a roof on a stand that rises to an apex like The Chaddy then the sound gets caught up in there and doesn't project out, if you have a speaker shaped roof like the RRE, then your problem is solved!

We don't need technology so much, as we can already hear it at BP. If you have a roof on a stand that rises to an apex like The Chaddy then the sound gets caught up in there and doesn't project out, if you have a speaker shaped roof like the RRE, then your problem is solved!

Only if people actually make some noise. If everyone is sat in silence the shape of the roof is irrelevent.

I think you ahve answered your own questions. No one (including me) has said the plans were great, just the proposals. As you say we have not seen the plans yet.

It took the proposal being the sell BP, move to Failsworth, reduce the debt, have a brand new stadium with no debt to build it, and the atempt to make us self financing.

But once we see the plans, the proposal might seem a little bit rubbish.