Left-back Gilbert signs SMS

I have a feeling he maybe able to play CB too. He was part of Plymouths promotion side to the Championship that we despatched 4 - 1 at BP. He has since played all his (albeit very few) games at that level, shrewd signing? Better pedigree than Lomax I feel.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling he maybe able to play CB too. He was part of Plymouths promotion side to the Championship that we despatched 4 - 1 at BP. He has since played all his (albeit very few) games at that level, shrewd signing? Better pedigree than Lomax I feel.

Bigger squads in the Champ means chances can be more limited, oh and JJ's been playing LB for Weds in the last couple of years. What does that say though? :shock:

Bigger squads in the Champ means chances can be more limited, oh and JJ's been playing LB for Weds in the last couple of years. What does that say though? :shock:

JJ was playing on the wing for them this preseason vs Hull that I sadly got taken to see. I sometimes wonder if we might have benefited from not playing him as a striker, to say he couldnt shoot would be an understatement :lol:

JJ was playing on the wing for them this preseason vs Hull that I sadly got taken to see. I sometimes wonder if we might have benefited from not playing him as a striker, to say he couldnt shoot would be an understatement :lol:

He might well have been mate, but he's been left-back/wing-back for them, pretty much since he signed for them and done pretty well.

A little odd hes chosen to join us having been at Coventry and Southend perhaps thinks more chance of winning a perm deal. Again like the fact DP saying prove your worth.

They might not have offered him a deal. Might have been on trial but not impressed... Anyway its an improvement on Lomax i am sure

Had (unsuccesful) trials with Coventry (played centre half against everton and was crap), Huddersfield, Leyton Orient and Southend. Sheff Wednesday fans desperatly wanted coventry to sign him so they got relegated and think he's only good enough for league 2 max!

(not my opinion, all taken from sheff wednesday forum)

Thanks for telling me his position, as it was omitted from the announcement on the OS.

they must just now presume people will know itsa fullback

jacobson

eardley

lomax

holdsworth

lee

black

steer

gilbert

:censored:

(and hazell for cover......just in case)

Team full of fullbacks, were just a team full of fullbacks