Eardley Arrives

Wrexham fans talking of Blackpool offering £400,000, with 20% (£80,000) to them.

I'd be quite happy with that if it included add ons with caps and sell on.

They are normally over estimated, so maybe more like 300-350k?

Incidentally, when did Eardleys contract run out, would he be able to sign rpe cotract elsewhere in January?

Edited by singe

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to Neal and all the best for the future (might see us get some more cash).

Now can we release a bit of this cash and get ourselves a central defender without the turning circle of the QE2 and who has a longer concentration span than a goldfish please.

Good luck to Neal and all the best for the future (might see us get some more cash).

Now can we release a bit of this cash and get ourselves a central defender without the turning circle of the QE2 and who has a longer concentration span than a goldfish please.

Whitbread would fit the bill :grin:

Suppose. It just seems that everytime someone has an opinion that differs to the majority on here they're a 'tool' or a 'moron'.

They might have had an opinion doesn't mean they were right

Considering he is now playing in a league above this one he is a full welsh internationl played well over 100 games and he is still many years from reaching his peak not bad for a "very average player"

I think we need two quality defenders, and soon, you can get away with slow cb's if you have a pair of fast full backs or a sweeper - all the opponents got savvy to Hazell and Gregan at the end of last year (chip it over their heads and see what happens) and we is going to leak goals for fun in the coming season with or without Eardley, I wish him luck and thank him for his service

The lads got potential - don't think I could have delivered at his age given the pressure from the morons. Good luck to the lad, hope he goes on to achieve what he is capable of, then some idiots at BP may stop and think of the -ve impact they are having on our club.

I'm sorry to see him go. I think he's been a steady, reasonably reliable and promising player. Yes, he hasn't developed into a world-class player, but he's been one of the best full-backs we've had in many years, and I would've liked to see him stay. That said, some fans obviously don't rate him, and I don't blame a young lad wanting to step up a level (even if only to Blackpool) and try his hand. I hope the fee is a good one, but with less than a year left on his contract that may not have been the case.

Good luck to him, and thanks for the years with us.

Worst. News. Ever. :disappointed:

Go on and have a great career, Neal. You've certainly got the talent.

I eagerly await some form of 'confirmation' on the fee.

Its not though, is it, really?

I always rated Neal, but replacing a decent fullback with masses of potential with Holdsworth, who is a decent fullback now with more experince (Plus a supporting cast of thousands) isnt really that bad. He was always going to toddle off...

Plus, keep quiet... or Stam might hear you... surely his departure was your saddest moment. I'm just glad the webmonkey wasnt around when he left. I have a feeling the 'fishal would have been shut down in mourning....

Well, no. There's many other things that have happened that are worse. But in OAFC terms, it's up there with the departure of Murray and Stam, and the re-sigh-ning of fatty Gregan.

a lot lot worse things have happened to this club than players moving on or being signed, jeez have you took it that bad yeah? :blink:

Its not though, is it, really?

I always rated Neal, but replacing a decent fullback with masses of potential with Holdsworth, who is a decent fullback now with more experince (Plus a supporting cast of thousands) isnt really that bad. He was always going to toddle off...

Plus, keep quiet... or Stam might hear you... surely his departure was your saddest moment. I'm just glad the webmonkey wasnt around when he left. I have a feeling the 'fishal would have been shut down in mourning....

thing is,if trottman was worth 500k after 18 games...how can eardley be worth less???? full international,been captain,can play right back or midfield....has to be worth a lot more than trotters.

just hope the club took into account the fee for wrexham when they finalised the deal,otherwise anything less than 500k is a joke.

good luck neil,lets hope you can now go on to prove all the knobs who said you were rubbish wrong.

thing is,if trottman was worth 500k after 18 games...how can eardley be worth less????

Because people were willing to pay big money for Trottman without seeing him play anything like as many times as they wanted to watch Eardley for

? Honestly, Ed, what a silly question.

Well, no. There's many other things that have happened that are worse. But in OAFC terms, it's up there with the departure of Murray and Stam, and the re-sigh-ning of fatty Gregan.

Jeez, it's not more over a year since the loss of a player who no longer playing for us left, drawing grown men to tears.

A right back (although good) is a complete non-entity in the bigger picture. We were never going to make our fortune off him.

NB. And still, bollock off Gregan will be great again. Although I said that Ian Bell will get a century in the Ashes series so ... :blush: