i went to the rochdale - cheltenham game tonight as latics were away and i was quite impressed with the standard of play. dale were very unlucky to concede a 89th min goal and both teams will no doubt be up there at the end of the season.

onto my point for this topic, dale had a couple of latics connections playing - marcus holness who played very well (apart from giving the ball to cheltenham for their goal), scott spencer (could have won it for dale) and dale stephens who was on the bench.

thought id share this and if anyone has an afternoon/evening free when latics are away, go down to dale as the atmosphere was cracking

thought id share this and if anyone has an afternoon/evening free when latics are away, go down to dale as the atmosphere was cracking

shhh, you can't say that. :wink: That said, the atmosphere's generally better at Spotland at night matches.

I'd of gone had celtic not been playing Arsenal. Helps that they've got rid of the student ticket prices and have just made it anyone "under 19" gets in for £9. Saves paying full whack like I have been doing in the past.

Smash and grab by all reports, Doesnt help when your two main centre half's from last year are either suspended or injured, so are left with a kid from Radcliffe Borough and Holness who is usually dog poo. Then again, dale got 3 points on saturday from a dodgy looking penalty in the last minute. Two hard games next, Rotherham away followed by B*ry at home.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Rochdale have always played good stuff, I remember the cup last season when we went down to 10 men and could hardly get the ball off them.

Not so sure they will go up this year though, bit like Bury in that they have had their chance.

Hope Dale Stephens gets on the pitch soon.

Hope Dale Stephens gets on the pitch soon.

Like I said in the thread 'dale to dale'. He'd of been better off going to somewhere like Accrington, Morecambe, etc. Where he might actually start.

Not a cat in hell's chance he's going to shift any of the current midfield.

Like I said in the thread 'dale to dale'. He'd of been better off going to somewhere like Accrington, Morecambe, etc. Where he might actually start.

makes you wonder why they took him on loan then??

there's loads clamouring for his inclusion on their messageboard and many have got that goal he scored for Bury in their sig.

there's loads clamouring for his inclusion on their messageboard and many have got that goal he scored for Bury in their sig.

That'll be to annoy the bury fans. For some reason they dont like their rated ex players going to dale. Tom Kennedy, Nicky Adams, etc.

makes you wonder why they took him on loan then??

To bolster numbers for a very thin squad.

Didn't we have that Dawson on trial at the start of last season (and had Eyres as his agent)?

I'm pretty sure we did take a look at him. Dale didnt sign him till late Feb. He's getting a lot of praise. Even got man of the match against Aldershot on saturday.

Yes-so good that they've spent nearly four decades in the bottom division.

You don't get it, its best to praise the football of our underling neighbours than comment on the stuff we play. ickle old dale and all that. Just don't mention that they are :censored:e.

No way would we send Stephens to Rochdale if their centre mid was a closed shop.

shhh, you can't say that. :wink: That said, the atmosphere's generally better at Spotland at night matches.I'd of gone had celtic not been playing Arsenal. Helps that they've got rid of the student ticket prices and have just made it anyone "under 19" gets in for £9. Saves paying full whack like I have been doing in the past.

Smash and grab by all reports, Doesnt help when your two main centre half's from last year are either suspended or injured, so are left with a kid from Radcliffe Borough and Holness who is usually dog poo. Then again, dale got 3 points on saturday from a dodgy looking penalty in the last minute. Two hard games next, Rotherham away followed by B*ry at home.

They didn't generate much of an atmosphere when we had more fans inside their stadium for a night game:wink:

They didn't generate much of an atmosphere when we had more fans inside their stadium for a night game:wink:

Neither did we too be honest, bar one section in the far corner. Carling Cup game. Yippee.

I don't get why Latics fans are up Rochdale's arse. We're just thought of as the BIFFO's from up the road.

Quite alot of the Rochdale based Latics are split on them. I know a fair few who hate them. :wink: I dont though - was took from a very young age to watch them with my uncle back in the days they were really :censored:. :grin::disappointed:

As for the Biffo's stuff. There's only really a few who come out with it - most 'dale fans couldnt give a flying at the amount of Oldham fans who went to the playoff semi against Gillingham last year. We're not like a Bury in there eyes, simply because we dont play them.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Neither did we too be honest, bar one section in the far corner. Carling Cup game. Yippee.

Quite alot of the Rochdale based Latics are split on them. I know a fair few who hate them. :wink: I dont though - was took from a very young age to watch them with my uncle back in the days they were really :censored:. :grin::disappointed:

As for the Biffo's stuff. There's only really a few who come out with it - most 'dale fans couldnt give a flying at the amount of Oldham fans who went to the playoff semi against Gillingham last year. We're not like a Bury in there eyes, simply because we dont play them.

They had Scott Warner in the engine room..............Dale are a tinpot club.

What I can't understand is, why did any Oldham fans travel to Wembley to watch Rochdale?

Most Dale fans I know seem to be even more bitter than us, but then again who could blame them.

What I can't understand is, why did any Oldham fans travel to Wembley to watch Rochdale?

Most Dale fans I know seem to be even more bitter than us, but then again who could blame them.

Something to do I guess, as our season was over. I used the opportunity to sit in my underpants, with a shed load of cans whilst supporting Stockport.

They had Scott Warner in the engine room..............Dale are a tinpot club.

Haha. I used to play football with him on Springhill school when I lived around that way.

Same reason a number of Latics fans went down to the same game in the Stockport end. It's a trip to Wembley.

Haha. I used to play football with him on Springhill school when I lived around that way.

Same reason a number of Latics fans went down to the same game in the Stockport end. It's a trip to Wembley.

They are in a bit of financial difficulty at the moment, despite earning around £400,000 the last couple of weeks from Lambert/Le Fondre deals. And by all accounts (reliable sources within RAFC), Keith Hill is far from happy at the situation. Expect Will Buckley to be sold.

They are in a bit of financial difficulty at the moment, despite earning around £400,000 the last couple of weeks from Lambert/Le Fondre deals. And by all accounts (reliable sources within RAFC), Keith Hill is far from happy at the situation. Expect Will Buckley to be sold.

No financial difficulty. It came out in the summer that 'dale lose £250k a year if they dont sell players. The money for Lambert and Le Fondre have covered that for this season. Just like the money for Matty Hughes being sold to Celtic covered last season's. Everybody knows Buckley will go if the right offer comes in.