No financial difficulty. It came out in the summer that 'dale lose £250k a year if they dont sell players. The money for Lambert and Le Fondre have covered that for this season. Just like the money for Matty Hughes being sold to Celtic covered last season's. Everybody knows Buckley will go if the right offer comes in.

An the inability to keep hold of their best players is the reason why they never get out of the fourth division-which is a major reason why they struggle to attract more than about 3000 to even their bigger games.

If that's 'a stable, well-run club,' as legend has it, give me instability any time.

An the inability to keep hold of their best players is the reason why they never get out of the fourth division-which is a major reason why they struggle to attract more than about 3000 to even their bigger games.

If that's 'a stable, well-run club,' as legend has it, give me instability any time.

If TTA weren't here to help finance the club we would be in exactly the same situation and would have to sell to survive.

Of course they are a well run club otherwise they wouldn't be here at all and on gates of 3,000 what do you expect

If TTA weren't here to help finance the club we would be in exactly the same situation and would have to sell to survive.

Of course they are a well run club otherwise they wouldn't be here at all and on gates of 3,000 what do you expect

To be fair he's starting to show his hand now. We should bankrupt the club on transfer fees and wages* chasing the dream. I mean teams never go under and we have so much going for us that someone will always save us.

£50M on wages

£50M on transfer fees

£200M on 40,000 all seater.

We'd be taking in £50M a year in TV money that will NEVER end (honest, I mean football viewing doesn't fluctuate and a Worldwide recession won't change things), and we can service the debt forever and be better than Burnley, Bolton, Wigan AND Blackburn.

Wow, those really are stupid comments.

By selling their best players to break even they have come much closer to getting promoted than we have keeping hold of ours and my guess is they'll have a better season than us again this year. Us not selling our best players in past seasons (until Eardley this year) hasn't gain us promotion either so why say that it is THE reason why they haven't got promoted?

As for instability over stability...would you really be happy if we were run like Ridsdale ran Leeds?

Big deal. One day you might get your wish for a well-run fourth division club. In fact it might not be far off.

To be fair he's starting to show his hand now. We should bankrupt the club on transfer fees and wages* chasing the dream. I mean teams never go under and we have so much going for us that someone will always save us.

£50M on wages

£50M on transfer fees

£200M on 40,000 all seater.

We'd be taking in £50M a year in TV money that will NEVER end (honest, I mean football viewing doesn't fluctuate and a Worldwide recession won't change things), and we can service the debt forever and be better than Burnley, Bolton, Wigan AND Blackburn.

I quipped that I'd take instability rather than face the excruciating prospect of four decades in the fourth division. If you want to interpret that as my advocating bakrupting the club, fine. Are you another one who's been on the moron pills today?

Wow, those really are stupid comments.

By selling their best players to break even they have come much closer to getting promoted than we have keeping hold of ours and my guess is they'll have a better season than us again this year. Us not selling our best players in past seasons (until Eardley this year) hasn't gain us promotion either so why say that it is THE reason why they haven't got promoted?

As for instability over stability...would you really be happy if we were run like Ridsdale ran Leeds?

It isn't a choice between Ridsdale-run Leeds and being a well-run club that can't get out of the fourth division, though, is it? And since when was playing in a division below us having a better season?

As I say, though, your wish to be like Rochdale is slowly coming true.

I quipped that I'd take instability rather than face the excruciating prospect of four decades in the fourth division. If you want to interpret that as my advocating bakrupting the club, fine. Are you another one who's been on the moron pills today?

Does instability not carry the prospect of a quick and rapid decline? Are you not against decline? Its all you seem to go on about.

For the third time, it was a quip, aimed at those who seem to think that the eteranl stasis of a club like Rochdale is some kind of model for Latics.

I do apologise Jonesy lad. I would really love to know how you want the club to be run in order for it to satisfy you. And don't comeback with this bollox about its not for me to say, im just a fan, you must have an opinion. Your not shy in showing your opinion on our current situation are you.

I am really starting to believe you are on a wind up. The sheer amount of times you post on the matter makes it look like you must really care about the club and the issues you keep bringing up. However if you did care that much you would surely have some ideas on what could be done to make things better in your eyes.

I do apologise Jonesy lad. I would really love to know how you want the club to be run in order for it to satisfy you. And don't comeback with this bollox about its not for me to say, im just a fan, you must have an opinion. Your not shy in showing your opinion on our current situation are you.

I am really starting to believe you are on a wind up. The sheer amount of times you post on the matter makes it look like you must really care about the club and the issues you keep bringing up. However if you did care that much you would surely have some ideas on what could be done to make things better in your eyes.

I would like to see the club emulate the more succesful of our Lancashire neighbours (not the Manchester clubs, please note.)

Somewhere along the line this became a crime in the eyes of a certain kind of Latics fan, who would seem to want us to emulate Rochdale or Bury. They are, as things stand, well on course for victory.

I would like to see the club emulate the more succesful of our Lancashire neighbours (not the Manchester clubs, please note.)

Somewhere along the line this became a crime in the eyes of a certain kind of Latics fan, who would seem to want us to emulate Rochdale or Bury. They are, as things stand, well on course for victory.

Rochdale adopt the same policy that Latics do - infact, the same policy that every single clubs does (including the likes of United). If an offer comes in for a player that meets the clubs value - then it's bye bye.

It's not a case of the inability to keep hold of their best players. Why do they still have Buckley even though the likes of Bolton and Sheff Wednesday have been at 'dales door for the past year about him. Dale dont need to sell to pay the bills - but it helps.

As for 3,000 - Dale's attendances wouldnt go up much more even if they were promoted. The people in this town are even more fickle when it comes to the local football club, than those we have in Oldham.

By selling their best players to break even they have come much closer to getting promoted than we have keeping hold of ours and my guess is they'll have a better season than us again this year.

Dear me some people are thick.

If we finish 10th in our league and Blackpool finish 12th in the Champ does that mean we have had a better season?

Rochdale adopt the same policy that Latics do - infact, the same policy that every single clubs does (including the likes of United). If an offer comes in for a player that meets the clubs value - then it's bye bye.

It's not a case of the inability to keep hold of their best players. Why do they still have Buckley even though the likes of Bolton and Sheff Wednesday have been at 'dales door for the past year about him. Dale dont need to sell to pay the bills - but it helps.

I think that would suggest that they haven't made a bid. I'm pretty sure Bolton could afford pretty much any 4th division player if they wanted him. (Notts County aside)

As for 3,000 - Dale's attendances wouldnt go up much more even if they were promoted. The people in this town are even more fickle when it comes to the local football club, than those we have in Oldham.

Perhaps the people of both towns are fickle because their football clubs haven't done enough to 'unfickle' them.

There's a thought.