Proposed site of new ground

You should be asking TTA how they are making millions out of this project - or instead ask yourself

As you point out losing 4000 seats and down grading to a 12000 seater, will as you say save TTA £4m.

im not going to speculate with figures until i have facts in front of me (which wont happen), ill leave that to you real

as Corney pointed out at the forum, TTA WILL be making money out of this project, with the down grading and these being businessmen, i doubt it will be just a few grand.

To me this idea of a 12000 seater stadium smells of, TTA making as much as they can before they sell the club leaving us with a lower league stadium

And I would thank them if they did because it's a far better position than when they bought us.

Couldn't give a rats ass if they make a profit on us.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, to me this idea of a 12000 seater stadium smells of TTA recouping as much as they can before they sell the club leaving us with a lower league stadium.

At the end of the day Latics will have paid for their losses via the land. TTA will have contributed little, if anything. I think they have panicked and want out asap whilst maintaining their word to a degree.

Fair enough stitch, at least you're entering into some sort of debate rather than saying "real's making up figures again" like some posters do.

I tend to agree that they may well be planning an exit, but if they wanted to maximise their profit they'd move us to a ground share (could we stop it?) sell the land and do a runner. I tend to think that they don't want to do that, but that they may well have reached the end of the road with this particular "project" once the move to failsworth is complete.

And I would thank them if they did because it's a far better position than when they bought us.

You know what Coco, you want to be careful.....people will agree, I do.

Fair enough stitch, at least you're entering into some sort of debate rather than saying "real's making up figures again" like some posters do.

I tend to agree that they may well be planning an exit, but if they wanted to maximise their profit they'd move us to a ground share (could we stop it?) sell the land and do a runner. I tend to think that they don't want to do that, but that they may well have reached the end of the road with this particular "project" once the move to failsworth is complete.

I must admit, when I get uspset about all this I often forget TTA actually bought us the land. So, much like Senor says, we have to be thankfull. It just hurts that we look destined for a future as a no mark club and that people are happy about it.

I must admit, when I get uspset about all this I often forget TTA actually bought us the land. So, much like Senor says, we have to be thankfull. It just hurts that we look destined for a future as a no mark club and that people are happy about it.

No mark or no club? Tough choice.

id like to know more about the TTA spin off company, arnt they a land development company?

real estate (seems to be warehousing type places) in the USA. Seems to be more an investment in property to rent out than development as such.

I don't think anyone would begrudge them for making a profit on us - it's the state they leave us in that some are happy or unhappy about.

You think they'll be leaving us in a far better position. Fair do's. I hope your right. I'm very unsure - the location and the scaled-down stadium just seems, to be frank, :censored:.

I think their intentions have been good....why else would they have put in as much money to the playing side as they have ? But I think there arses have fallen out now and they want to move on and get as much money back as possible. Can't blame them...but doesn't mean I'm happy.

Edited by Yard Dog

You think they'll be leaving us in a far better position. Fair do's. I hope your right. I'm very unsure - the location and the scaled-down stadium just seems, to be frank, :censored:.

Pre TTA:-

No ground, paying rent and paying upkeep of £480k a year on the ground, which is old(ish) bar the RRE and has limited facilities, holds 13k. No easy expansion -needs demolition. One good motorway link via M62, close to centre of town, rail link limited, buses via Oldham mainly other than towards shaw / royton.

Post TTA (assuming they go after sorting out the f/w ground):-

Our own ground, limited upkeep to pay (should be pretty much maintenance free for first 5 years), modern and reasonable facilities, holds 12k. No rent to pay. saves OAFC £480k pa in old money, probably nearer £700k now. Probably a wee bit easier to expand should the need arise. Motorway link to M60 orbital, on to M62 via broadway, further from town centre, great rail link, buses from oldham, manchester, shaw & royton.

Ok, the new scheme may not be 16k, 20k or whatever, but if you're comparing what we had before TTA to what we `should` have after, then it's 13k vs 12k you should look at.

real estate (seems to be warehousing type places) in the USA. Seems to be more an investment in property to rent out than development as such.

Or maybe they might branch out (as such) into development, but going off your figures (which seem pretty straight forward without knowing the whole truth), and TTA publically saying they are going to make money, i cant help but think that we are being sold out as fans.

WE SAVED YOU SO THIS IS WHAT YOU GET - kind of thing.

i will admit my love for latics is dying by the month, and the Failsworth move will dig my grave deeper

i will admit my love for latics is dying by the month, and the Failsworth move will dig my grave deeper

I'm assuming from the way this is worded (from a thread about centre backs/hazell) that you didn't go today:-

"completely ridiculous, another mistake today wasnt it?"

You might not like this but....

If so, then all your talk about the club is, imho, pretty worthless. It's less than 2 miles from watersshedddings to latics as the crow flies, and you can pretty much walk that way via derker/stoneleigh and over oldham edge. You can't be bothered getting there = you aren't worth consideration.

Your "love" ain't very strong.

I'm assuming from the way this is worded (from a thread about centre backs/hazell) that you didn't go today:-

"completely ridiculous, another mistake today wasnt it?"

You might not like this but....

If so, then all your talk about the club is, imho, pretty worthless. It's less than 2 miles from watersshedddings to latics as the crow flies, and you can pretty much walk that way via derker/stoneleigh and over oldham edge. You can't be bothered getting there = you aren't worth consideration.

Your "love" ain't very strong.

i didnt go today no but for financial resons, otherwise i would have been there (for now), but what that means for my opinion on latics i dont know

and for your information real, after checking my profile out, i dont actually live in watersheddings anymore, i live closer to BP.

but whats that got to do with anything? are you saying i cant have an opinion or the club wont miss me if i dont pay through the turnstiles? if that is what you are saying then like i said last night you are a dick

Edited by creepy

yeah, whatever "you are a dick" - stunning stuff. 3rd form insults.

You didn't go today for financial reasons, you might not go next time for principles, you might not go if it's f/w, like I say, some form of love. have you got kids? Is that how you define love for them? money/distance/travel?

Tell me something - how much will the club miss someone who doesn't go to games? How much will it affect them if you don't go to f/w instead of not going BP?

And, yeah I know that not everyone can afford to go, there were times I couldn't, but the simple fact is that the club do have to consider that the people who pay to go, or who potentially will pay to go are the ones who will keep the club alive. Times change, traditions do change.

No ground, paying rent and paying upkeep of £480k a year on the ground, which is old(ish) bar the RRE and has limited facilities, holds 13k. No easy expansion -needs demolition. One good motorway link via M62, close to centre of town, rail link limited, buses via Oldham mainly other than towards shaw / royton.

Our own ground, limited upkeep to pay (should be pretty much maintenance free for first 5 years), modern and reasonable facilities, holds 12k. No rent to pay. saves OAFC £480k pa in old money, probably nearer £700k now. Probably a wee bit easier to expand should the need arise. Motorway link to M60 orbital, on to M62 via broadway, further from town centre, great rail link, buses from oldham, manchester, shaw & royton.

Ok, the new scheme may not be 16k, 20k or whatever, but if you're comparing what we had before TTA to what we `should` have after, then it's 13k vs 12k you should look at.

Oh FFS. There's so much wrong with that post I can't even be arsed responding. I've had a few Heineken and I might just go off on one....time for me to go to bed....zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by Yard Dog

Oh FFS. There's so much wrong with that post I can't even be arsed responding. I've had a few Heineken and I might just go off on one....time for me to go to bed....zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nowt new there. You get data, you lose your point. You only jumped in when someone suggested a discount scheme to have a pop anyway as usual. You didn't add anything other than trying to slide your hand up a few backs.

Try putting a point together for once rather than just snide pops. tata!

That's Oldhamers are all over: we get left with a little, jokey club, and a lot of people are beside themselves with joy (and a big stonking hard-on about our Lancashire neighbours who manage to achieve a bit of success despite coming from similarly decrepit, redundant towns.) Those who aren't are rarely seen at BP now, and will not be back to watch the new Rochdale in the Lego stadium.

This is all speculation, so here's some more. If the aim is, as a 12000 capacity suggests, to be a well-run lower division club, the plan will fail because there will not be enough interest to maintain the club as a viable option.

When we got taken over we needed somebody capable of establishing us back where we were between 1974-1997 (although perhaps the PL is no longer attainable). Anything less will see us sucked further into the mire that lower division football is increasingly becoming, and will see the death of professional football in the town.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Up to now I've not been worried in the slightest about moving to the manchester border or just over it! however the latest turn of events have changed all that, Terry Christian wants to run as the next Mayor of Manchester!!!! why do the public put up with this irritant.

Up to now I've not been worried in the slightest about moving to the manchester border or just over it! however the latest turn of events have changed all that, Terry Christian wants to run as the next Mayor of Manchester!!!! why do the public put up with this irritant.

'Cos the "public" don't think too good.

Look at the current list of celebs:- Jordan, Cowell, Sun Editors, Big Brother etc etc....

Makes Terreh Cristian look like an Oxford don. Let's be realistic here, the population of Oldham is little different from most of the population of most of South East Lancs, espcially given the mobility of population over the last 20 years, although I'll accept a slight change toward north east cheshire.

All joking apart Lags, moving over the border or "away from our heartland", is what bothers me the most about the move. I can cope with a small stadium (it's not what I'd have by choice) and I can even cope with it beig Lego-esque, but I really, REALLY don't want us to move closer to City & United.

If we ARE settling for being a lower league club (or at least running the risk for the forseeable future in a smaller stadium) I think we play a VERY dangerous game by tring to attract new fans in prime City territory. In fact I think it's bordering on suicidal! Failsworth may well be within the administrative borders of Oldham, but folk from Failsworth have always considered themselves Mancs.

There must be land available in Oldham, near to our roots available that the council could facilitate if they really wanted to. Higginshaw Lane gas works and Beal Lane will be just as well connected to public transport once the Metrolink is opened. The site at Hollinwood is right on the M60 and there will be a Metro stop only 400 or 500 yds away.

All joking apart Lags, moving over the border or "away from our heartland", is what bothers me the most about the move. I can cope with a small stadium (it's not what I'd have by choice) and I can even cope with it beig Lego-esque, but I really, REALLY don't want us to move closer to City & United.

If we ARE settling for being a lower league club (or at least running the risk for the forseeable future in a smaller stadium) I think we play a VERY dangerous game by tring to attract new fans in prime City territory. In fact I think it's bordering on suicidal! Failsworth may well be within the administrative borders of Oldham, but folk from Failsworth have always considered themselves Mancs.

There must be land available in Oldham, near to our roots available that the council could facilitate if they really wanted to. Higginshaw Lane gas works and Beal Lane will be just as well connected to public transport once the Metrolink is opened. The site at Hollinwood is right on the M60 and there will be a Metro stop only 400 or 500 yds away.

Failsworth isn't just prime City territory. There is heavy ManUre support there too. We will, if the stated intention to attract new fans can be in any way taken seriously, be competing against the (alegedly) most famous club in the world and the richest club in the world. And all this with a team of kids who struggle to make the grade at third-tier level, journeymen and loanees.

Failsworth isn't just prime City territory. There is heavy ManUre support there too. We will, if the stated intention to attract new fans can be in any way taken seriously, be competing against the (alegedly) most famous club in the world and the richest club in the world. And all this with a team of kids who struggle to make the grade at third-tier level, journeymen and loanees.

I realise there are lots of Reds around there, I was think more along the lines that they have really reached as high as they are likely to go. City however now have unlimited spending power, meaning the folk around Failsworth and it's surrounding areas who are 'wavering' are likely to opt for City, once they start becoming successful as they will undoubtedly do at some point soon.

It still seems like a pretty stupid place to move to whichever way you look at it!

Edit - typos

Edited by danoafc

I don't think we need worry too much about Terry Christian becoming mayor of Manchester.

I'm pretty sure most Mancunians have no idea who Terry Christian is. And I'm absolutely certain that at least half of those that do think he's a complete ****.