Shane Warne

has been very magnaminous throughout the series and especially in defeat. Ok he gave it us in '97 when he did that awful dance but fairplay to the guy he's been a great addition to the commentary team and there's been some great banter.

the big wages from sky don't have owt to do with it do they :wink:

While displaying a refreshing bias in the commentary box, he is, for me, the most knowledgeable of the Sky Sports team when it comes to playing the game.

Bumble might have that all round "I was an umpire, coach and a player" thing, but for me there's no doubt that if Warne had been of a more conservative character he could have been one of the great test captains of our time.

While displaying a refreshing bias in the commentary box, he is, for me, the most knowledgeable of the Sky Sports team when it comes to playing the game.

Bumble might have that all round "I was an umpire, coach and a player" thing, but for me there's no doubt that if Warne had been of a more conservative character he could have been one of the great test captains of our time.

Agree but Beefy and Gower have been there and done it all. Atherton and Hussain are a pair of clowns and very negative - even at times displaying a begrudging jealousy. As for Bumble he's a bit of a comedian and a little too biased! I like Michael Holding - such a cool guy!

Yes, if Warney hadn't been a gambling and drugs cheat who couldn't walk past a hole in the pavement without putting his dick in it he might have captained his country.

Still like him anyway. He is a :lipsrsealed2: but he could back it up.

The Windies man is best....love it when he says '' Well ya'know Beefy....'' in his Caribbean drawl

Personally think all the cricket commentators on Sky Sport are tops. Like Jack Bannister on TalkSport too. Nasser is a bit boring, but nobody can say he doesn't know the game inside out...

I don't follow cricket religiously but I do try to keep up to speed with all things England and I think Ponting has come across really well in his interviews....he's gets a bit of stick from some quarters but from what I've seen recently he's been the true pro.

beefy and holding are to be respected for their talent and the sense they talk - Bumble is a bloody legend in cricket commentary, not quite of sid waddell status, but entertaining either way....as for warne, love him or hate him....been there, done it...ALL!!!! and can back it with knowledge and banter - take your pick....just a pity he doesn't wear the three lions!!

Warne has been excellent and a great addition to the Sky commentary team.

Huge wages or not he is very well informed and knowledgable about the game and very articulate, some great banter too, with the English commentators.

Overall I think Sky's coverage of the whole Ashes series has been brilliant, they really do give the dedicated wall to wall coverage to sporting events that terrestrial TV never could.

Agree but Beefy and Gower have been there and done it all. Atherton and Hussain are a pair of clowns and very negative - even at times displaying a begrudging jealousy. As for Bumble he's a bit of a comedian and a little too biased! I like Michael Holding - such a cool guy!

Michael Atherton is a legend

Warne has been excellent and a great addition to the Sky commentary team.

Huge wages or not he is very well informed and knowledgable about the game and very articulate, some great banter too, with the English commentators.

Overall I think Sky's coverage of the whole Ashes series has been brilliant, they really do give the dedicated wall to wall coverage to sporting events that terrestrial TV never could.

Agreed. But even though I know the coverage wouldn't be as good on terrestial, I would much prefer it back on BBC or C4 where the masses can tune in - and I say this as someone who bends over for Murdoch and parts with 60 plus quid to sky each month