How stupid do we think TTA are?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without sounding too negative do you think that TTA are beginning to regret investing.........anyone?

I think they probably had their first regrets as early as 2005... :unsure:

creepy, yes the five year plan was for Championship football, but that was tied into their other plans for redeveloping the club's facilities, and we all know the stories of false starts on that one. The point is they had a business plan - and to simply sink more cash into the club in a blind chase for promotion would have gone against absolutely every element of that business plan.

In hindsight, they may now be thinking that their business plan, experimental as it was in football terms, wasn't the right one and they would perhaps have been better served by sinking cash into the football side to attain and retain Championship football (and hopefully entice a few more fans in the process) before embarking on a redevelopment project to take things a step further...

Oh yes, three or is it four Managers later, around another £2.5 million personally lost through subsidising and paying out fees for players who have either disappeared, out on loan or whatever or simply left the club.

The TTA have done almost most of what they said they would, they have at least saved the club, it is one of the few which is SOLVENT !.... what they wanted was what they saw as a sensible aim and target, so far they've failed on appointing Managers who simply could not do the job.

I would guess that up to very recently they would still see the Championship as an aim for the club, but to be honest I would not blame them if they simply got fed up with the moaners and groaners - and Petty Officer Jones !....who constantly belittle whatever they try to do, then just put the club up for sale and push off cutting their losses.

Beware!.... we are on dangerous ground here, how would you feel if you had the misfortune to be one of the TTA right now ?

I should think they are bewildered by some of the people of Oldham....

If that's what has been spent, then standing still or, arguably, declining further is a rather poor return on an investment, isn't it.

The club isn't solvent. What do you think it's all about, Noddy?

give it up eh!

TTA are our saviours!

They are here to save Oldham Athletic and thats it!

There is nothing in it for them!

although i am gratefull for still having a club - they are here to make money off us - FACT

they saved our club, so we cant question them in any way eh :shock:

"There is nothing in it for them"..............."they are here to make money.....FACT"......make your mind up!

Perhaps it's being so obsequious that makes you feel sick.

You seem to be failing to notice that, up to now, I haven't even mentioned TTA.

So TTA saved the club. Never knew that. Thanks TTA.

However, when it comes to the idea of stagnation, I must be imagining the fact that, more then five years on, the club is no nearer to getting out of the division, and is arguably no safer from relegation. So, too, must I be imagining the crumbling three-sided ground and the amateurish catering, the complete lack of effective marketing, the absence of basics like a scoreboard etc etc. And that the dwindling number of faithful are, in the main it seems, creaming themselves at the prospect of a little lower division ground, right in the middle of hostile territory, that might not get built anyway.

Apart from all that the club is clearly progressing.

:applause1:

Post of the day

Guest FyldeBlue
give it up eh!

TTA are our saviours!

They are here to save Oldham Athletic and thats it!

There is nothing in it for them!

although i am gratefull for still having a club - they are here to make money off us - FACT

they saved our club, so we cant question them in any way eh :shock:

Question them and anyone else as much as you like pal, I'll wait to see the reaction if and when they decide - like CHRIS MOORE who was incredibly wealthy !.....and simply say OK we're off and sell up the whole B.P. site for building on.... then they MAY get most of their money back.

I can't see your point about them making money out of us - you please yourself whether you support your Home Town football club, they don't make you do anything ! :wink:

Oh yes, three or is it four Managers later, around another £2.5 million personally lost through subsidising and paying out fees for players who have either disappeared, out on loan or whatever or simply left the club.

The TTA have done almost most of what they said they would, they have at least saved the club, it is one of the few which is SOLVENT !.... what they wanted was what they saw as a sensible aim and target, so far they've failed on appointing Managers who simply could not do the job.

I would guess that up to very recently they would still see the Championship as an aim for the club, but to be honest I would not blame them if they simply got fed up with the moaners and groaners - and Petty Officer Jones !....who constantly belittle whatever they try to do, then just put the club up for sale and push off cutting their losses.

Beware!.... we are on dangerous ground here, how would you feel if you had the misfortune to be one of the TTA right now ?

I should think they are bewildered by some of the people of Oldham....

That is pretty much the same line as I was thinking.

Question them and anyone else as much as you like pal, I'll wait to see the reaction if and when they decide - like CHRIS MOORE who was incredibly wealthy !.....and simply say OK we're off and sell up the whole B.P. site for building on.... then they MAY get most of their money back.

I can't see your point about them making money out of us - you please yourself whether you support your Home Town football club, they don't make you do anything ! :wink:

Chris Moore wasn't incredibly wealthy by the standards of football club owners nowadays. The great tragedy for Latics (and what might yet turn out to have been the final nail in the coffin) was the fact that CM's paper wealth was around £40 million and not £400m.

You seem to have any uncanny ability to miss the point. Is it being a character invented by Enid Blyton that does it?

Oh yes, three or is it four Managers later, around another £2.5 million personally lost through subsidising and paying out fees for players who have either disappeared

This is a good one, by the way-is there some kind of black hole in the home dressing room at BP, into which players keep disappearing?

Or do people who run the club have something to do with the massive turnover on the playing staff?

"There is nothing in it for them"..............."they are here to make money.....FACT"......make your mind up!

There is nothing in it for them - i was being sarcastic, there is everything in it for them, which is why we are being fobbed off with a 12000 stadium so they make as much money as they can before they sell up :wink:

In hindsight, they may now be thinking that their business plan, experimental as it was in football terms, wasn't the right one and they would perhaps have been better served by sinking cash into the football side to attain and retain Championship football (and hopefully entice a few more fans in the process) before embarking on a redevelopment project to take things a step further...

Absolutely spot on. The wrong gamble was taken.

And it looks to me like disaster may well ensue as a result.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

There is nothing in it for them - i was being sarcastic, there is everything in it for them, which is why we are being fobbed off with a 12000 stadium so they make as much money as they can before they sell up :wink:

Ah right, not knowing you I wouldn't know, point taken but it did seem like a :ranting: of a post.

Moore's paper wealth was £40-50M before the sh*t hit the Torex fan. He was worth alot less than that by the time he bailed.

It keeps coming round to increasingly scary numbers. The importance of buying back the ground cannot be overstated (and I never understood why Moore didn't do it), but when you look at what TTA have spent, owning a piece of land worth maybe £3-4M (at a very wild guess) is all they really have to show for something like a £15M investment.

Had all of that £15M been invested purely on the playing side over the past 5 years, there's still no guarantee it would have bought us promotion.

I think they probably had their first regrets as early as 2005... :unsure:

creepy, yes the five year plan was for Championship football, but that was tied into their other plans for redeveloping the club's facilities, and we all know the stories of false starts on that one. The point is they had a business plan - and to simply sink more cash into the club in a blind chase for promotion would have gone against absolutely every element of that business plan.

looking back when they first came and revealed the master plan, i wish i would have realised that in football business terms they are very naive

Moore's paper wealth was £40-50M before the sh*t hit the Torex fan. He was worth alot less than that by the time he bailed.

It keeps coming round to increasingly scary numbers. The importance of buying back the ground cannot be overstated (and I never understood why Moore didn't do it), but when you look at what TTA have spent, owning a piece of land worth maybe £3-4M (at a very wild guess) is all they really have to show for something like a £15M investment.

Had all of that £15M been invested purely on the playing side over the past 5 years, there's still no guarantee it would have bought us promotion.

Nothing is guaranteed, though, is it?

looking back when they first came and revealed the master plan, i wish i would have realised that in football business terms they are very naive

Many of the decisions on the football side have been appalling.

Knee-jerk reaction, punctuated by an occasional misdirected rant at the fans have characterised TTAs reign, overshadowing the things they did get right.

Really? Scunthorpe seem to get promoted by spending cash on 9 donkeys and 2 quality goal scorers. I am pretty sure we'd have gone up had we had say Lambert and Danny Graham up front. I think £15M in the last 5 seasons would have more than bought promotion.

Really? Scunthorpe seem to get promoted by spending cash on 9 donkeys and 2 quality goal scorers. I am pretty sure we'd have gone up had we had say Lambert and Danny Graham up front. I think £15M in the last 5 seasons would have more than bought promotion.

The way the team was playing last year I doubt Lambert would have got us promotion. He didnt fire Bristol Rovers to promotion.

And without paying any agents fees!

If you honestly believe as little as £3M a season is enough to guarantee anything, even at our level, you are very naive. How much do you think Leeds have spent in the last 3 years?