Video: An Oldham-Millwall Story

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....Amber and I are playing football on the beach today... :blink:

I understand that girls playing football (soccer) is taken pretty seriously in the States. At least more seriouly than over here. The England girls' team has just reached the Final of the European Championships, which is better than the men have ever done, but unfortunately they suffered the same fate as the men since 1966, and lost to Germany. I wonder whether interest from football fans and the media would have increased if England had won.

It's pointless comparing girls' with mens' football. on a professional basis Even though the England girls' team is the country's most consistently successful football team, its manager and 16 players are on Football Association central contracts of only £16,000 a year. The F.A.'s £3 million pay-off of Sven-Goran Eriksson as England coach could have funded central contracts for a decade.

France has the same problem of the girls' game not capturing the media's and mens' attention So the French Football Federation has launched a new campaign featuring naked girl players in an attempt to generate more interest - this has been given a 'Pink Card' by the media.

http://www.football-industry.com/2009/03/1...-football-team/

I was wondering whether it was this that gave Amber the idea for her OWTB user name? :unsure:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

This thread has been the most exciting thing for some fans since drooling over videos of a Spanish medical student from Oviedo, who became the Latics legend that never was.

Or since before MM started taking his medication?

Edited by Ackey

This thread has been the most exciting thing for some fans since drooling over videos of a Spanish medical student from Oviedo, who became the Latics legend that never was.

It has also got 40 year old blokes from Oldham using Paris Hilton like lingo I've noticed.. Presumably in the hope of being the ones to woo them on their visit

I am like soooo loving the thread girls LOL :wink:

It has also got 40 year old blokes from Oldham using Paris Hilton like lingo I've noticed.. Presumably in the hope of being the ones to woo them on their visit

I am like soooo loving the thread girls LOL :wink:

Peehaps they believe that they fit into the girls' self-confessed attactive categories i.e., " a sly smile and charmingly suave demeanor" or "a cute little bald one". :grin:

Woo hoo, we're Soccerettes for Oldham in December. I'm excited! :blush:

You'll have a great weekend. Sky look after you really well and the show just flies cos it's filmed live. 5 star hotel and chauffeur driven around. Do Latics proud ok. And say hi to the gorgeous Helen for us.

You'll have a great weekend. Sky look after you really well and the show just flies cos it's filmed live. 5 star hotel and chauffeur driven around. Do Latics proud ok. And say hi to the gorgeous Helen for us.

Just dont drink as much as we did the night before.... :sick01:

... as diego says, you'll have a job getting up for the Exeter game though if that is the weekend you are doing it... Helicopter job ai'it... or are you sticking around an extra week for the wycombe game?

In London for Sky TV and then flying to Manchester, with a fast car to Boundary Park for the Exeter game?

OR modelling the kit on the pitch at BP?

Ohh yeah -- we were told it was only filmed on Saturday. Hopefully it's filmed in the morning? Early...early morning? x

Edited by sarausa

Ohh yeah -- we were told it was only filmed on Saturday. Hopefully it's filmed in the morning?

Unfortunately it is.... but you wont get out of there until 1ish... 12.30pm at the earliest... I dont think you have a chance at getting to Oldham... as I say, stick around for another week and do it before Wycombe away....

Unfortunately it is.... but you wont get out of there until 1ish... 12.30pm at the earliest... I dont think you have a chance at getting to Oldham... as I say, stick around for another week and do it before Wycombe away....

Uh oh. I wish I could stay for another week but I have to fly out to L.A. on the 16th. :cry:

If you can't make it to Oldham in time for the Exeter game, is the party at the White Hart still on for Saturday evening?

We're definitely going to make it to the Oldham game, even if it means not being on Sky -- Latics are the reason for our trip, not to be on television. xx