Video: An Oldham-Millwall Story

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do these 'Latics rates' apply to men or just the females?

It's kind of an unofficial sliding scale.

With fit, Latics supporting females at the top, and anyone, regardless of gender, who supports Man U at the bottom.

Blokes on OWTB come sorta middle-ish! Mid table to play-off places, if you will.

Without trying to open a can of worms...what's the deal with Dave Penny? Is he leaving or something? Or is it just Latics players that want him gone? Just wondering x

What gives you the impression the players want Dave Penny out? have you got insider information there Sarah.

What gives you the impression the players want Dave Penny out? have you got insider information there Sarah.

Oops, sorry -- I didn't mean "players", I meant the Latics fans. No, I don't really know anything. It's just what I've been reading on the Oldham facebook page about everyone wanting him out. Just wondering, is all.

Without trying to open a can of worms...what's the deal with Dave Penny? Is he leaving or something? Or is it just Latics players that want him gone? Just wondering x

No he isn't leaving, the players don't have a problem with him (as far as I know) it's mainly fans who don't understand the game. They want instant success on a shoestring and the second it inevitably doesn't materialise they look for a scapegoat. Last season it was Eardley, this season it's Ruben, Brill and DP. I'm not sure what these people think would happen if we did sack the manager or even how we would do that with having to pay off his contract. Maybe a new man would have the usual 'honeymoon period' and we would win a couple of games, but I very much doubt it would see us suddenly become promotion certainties like so many seem to believe. DP has done a decent job at both Doncaster and more recently Darlington and I see no reason why he won't do the same here. At Doncaster he had money to spend and the doubters are all too happy to point out that he failed to get them promoted from this division (despite going close more than once and playing very good football in the process). At Darlington he had little money to spend but their fans were sorry to see him leave and believed he had built a team that played good football with a never-say-die attitude. It took him a few seasons to create that team , but he got there and I believe that's all it will take for us. Like Darlo, we don't have the budget to compete financially with the 'big boys' of our division so we have to build a team over time and make the most of our own youngsters which seems exactly what DP is trying to do. He's always looking for young players from the non leagues to bring in to utilise our modest budget, something so many have been crying out for throughout Shez's time in charge. From my point of view he's going about the job in the right way and it's more individual errors that are letting us down rather than the manager. We may not see success this season (surely people weren't expecting it more just blindly hoping) but I think if we give him the time his CV warrants, we will start to see some results.

'Keep the faith' and all the that.

Oops, sorry -- I didn't mean "players", I meant the Latics fans. No, I don't really know anything. It's just what I've been reading on the Oldham facebook page about everyone wanting him out. Just wondering, is all.

No one at this point truely wants Penny out desperately, it's born out of frustration of losing again. It's to early in his management of the club. To not understand or see any rationale in a football fan is the best way to understand a football fan. You have to understand that football in this country is deep in the blood and it hurts when we lose. Really hurts to the point of spoiling your life that day or few days.

No one at this point truely wants Penny out desperately, it's born out of frustration of losing again. It's to early in his management of the club. To not understand or see any rationale in a football fan is the best way to understand a football fan. You have to understand that football in this country is deep in the blood and it hurts when we lose. Really hurts to the point of spoiling your life that day or few days.

Yeah, I can see that. Oh well -- maybe next time. x

Yeah, I can see that. Oh well -- maybe next time. x

To quote one of the greatest manager's the game as ever seen "Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that"

The late Bill Shankley

I saw an ad while I was in England and it said something like "Football. We know how you feel because we feel the same way" with a guy screaming. I took a picture. I don't know, it reminded me of your comment. x

P.S. Does anyone have Skype? My grandparents are the only ones ever on. :blink:

Edited by sarausa

I saw an ad while I was in England and it said something like "Football. We know how you feel because we feel the same way" with a guy screaming. I took a picture.

I bloody hate that ad. As I'm turning into some sort of insomniac at the moment and am wide awake I'll type WSC's view on it from this month's issue, which summed it up perfectly for me...

Sky are using their own 12-year-old slogan, "Football, we know how you feel about it, because we feel the same", in their new marketing campaign. And if you feel that football began in 1992, should be played at a time that suits a profit-making television company and consists of four teams ploughing through an uninspiring fixture list until they come upon each other on a Super Sunday, then, yes, Sky really does know how you feel about the game. Many fans will possibly reflect, as they race back home late Monday night from an away fixture on the other side of the country, that it doesn't matter so much how tired they feel at work tomorrow, because the Sky corporation knows how they feel.

Look, I like the girls a lot. They seem good fun and are obviously doing pretty well off the back of their video. They have given Latics a lot of publicity and are both good looking girls, Sarah especially.

BOOO :angry:

I actually prefer Pink lady to sara in terms of looks.. no offence sara ;)

Look, I like the girls a lot. They seem good fun and are obviously doing pretty well off the back of their video. They have given Latics a lot of publicity and are both good looking girls, Sarah especially.

BOOO :angry:

I actually prefer Pink lady to sara in terms of looks.. no offence sara ;)

is it wrong if i prefer worthy?

lol just kiddin