Bank Holiday Quiz..

I've got one for everyone. :)

There are 21 different last names for a team out of the 92 in England (e.g. City, United). Name them....

City

United

argyle

wednesday

albion

palace

rovers

hotspur

athletic

wanderers

north end

town

forest

alexandra

stanley

dons

county

Rangers

Villa

Vale

Orient

I've got one for everyone. :)

There are 21 different last names for a team out of the 92 in England (e.g. City, United). Name them....

United e.g. Newcastle

Villa Aston

Rovers e.g. Bristol

Town e.g. Northampton

City e.g. Manchester

Wanderers e.g. Wycombe

Albion e.g. Brighton

Argyle e.g Plymouth

Hotspur e.g Tottenham

County e.g. Derby

Redbridge e.g Dagenham

Rangers e.g Queens Park

AFC e.g Bournemouth

Forest e.g Nottingham

Wednesday e.g Sheffield

Palace e.g Crystal

Vale e.g Port

Athletic e.g. Oldham

Alexandra e,g Crewe

North End e.g Preston

Orient e.g Leyton

Dons e.g MK

Stanley e.g Accrington

Redbridge e.g Dagenham

A good football question is this : Which professional football team's ground is closest to the River Mersey ?

And another one (now I am not exactly sure whether this has been verified) : At which English football ground do you go down steps to get onto the pitch ?

Hull isn't a city, it's a river.

Hull is a City and was granted a Royal Charter in the 13th Century. Although I'm Oldham born and Oldham through and through, my family are from Hull so I learned a lot of its history, but you'll be delighted to know that I won't bore you with it.

A good football question is this : Which professional football team's ground is closest to the River Mersey ?

And another one (now I am not exactly sure whether this has been verified) : At which English football ground do you go down steps to get onto the pitch ?

1. The Bindippers

2. Boundary Park

Hull is a City and was granted a Royal Charter in the 13th Century. Although I'm Oldham born and Oldham through and through, my family are from Hull so I learned a lot of its history, but you'll be delighted to know that I won't bore you with it.

Surely the city is called Kingston upon Hull.

Surely the city is called Kingston upon Hull.

Correct. And what it says on all the signs as you enter state "Welcome to the City & County of Kingston-upon-Hull", or they did when I was last there a year or so ago. However, all the signs as you approach via the M62 /A63 or any of the other 4 major routes into the City show distances and directions to "Hull", as do the ones on the South side of the Humber Bridge. You'll never hear anyone living there calling it anything but Hull.