Awwwouch!

You see that sort of thing about once a week around the world in a televised game. Its nasty but I'm not entirely sure it was uber malicious. I thought the ref was only going to give a yellow card until he saw how bad the injury was so changed it to a red (when he could finally get it out of his pocket).

Despite it being in Belgium (which has decent health care) I wasn't that impressed with the care he got- it took them a good two minutes to get the splint out and it was only because the first person there knew what to do (hold the leg as anatomically correct as possible) that it wasn't worse.

Guest sheridans_world

Player who made the challenge has been banned until 23rd November missing 10 league games and a cup game.

The lad who was injured is not going to be able to play for over twelve months. (If ever I suspect...)

You see that sort of thing about once a week around the world in a televised game. Its nasty but I'm not entirely sure it was uber malicious. I thought the ref was only going to give a yellow card until he saw how bad the injury was so changed it to a red (when he could finally get it out of his pocket).

Despite it being in Belgium (which has decent health care) I wasn't that impressed with the care he got- it took them a good two minutes to get the splint out and it was only because the first person there knew what to do (hold the leg as anatomically correct as possible) that it wasn't worse.

Thats what i thought, there were ready to carry him off without putting a splint on first

poor treatment, and it was an awful tackle

Both with the same levels of ability they had before as well.

Not off what I've seen on either count.

Smith ended up playing for Newcastle from being a vicious, but very good forward.

Eduardo looks a tenth of his original self. To put a for instance, he was my next big thing in my Fantasy Football. I wouldn't touch him now.

NB. If I was Eduardo, I'd use this as an excuse for throwing myself in front of :censored: keepers.

Yep- just by looking at his leg- that's a compound fracture.

It looks bad, but there are worse injuries (as you'll know). An injury on a joint for an athlete can be much more terminal than a straight (or many times) broken bone. From a ligament damage there is often no hope. From bone there is nearly always a repairation (with bolts) available.