Blitz: Stadium on proposed Failsworth site is on track

The rarely wrong Chron:

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...-on-track-blitz

Extract:

Mr Blitz stressed once again that relocation is vital for Athletic’s future.

“The new stadium will move the club forward and catapult it to the next level,” he said.

Athletic managing director Simon Corney, chief executive Alan Hardy and the architects, who have previously designed Shrewsbury’s new ground as well as Leigh Sports Village, will be visiting 15 new grounds built over the last five years.

They will be aiming to do this within the next 90 days, picking the best aspects from each to incorporate in their own design, but within their own budget.

Athletic are understood to be in the final stages of purchasing the BAE Systems sports ground at the Lancaster Club on Broadway....

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rarely wrong Chron:

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...-on-track-blitz

Extract:

Mr Blitz stressed once again that relocation is vital for Athletic’s future.

“The new stadium will move the club forward and catapult it to the next level,” he said.

Athletic managing director Simon Corney, chief executive Alan Hardy and the architects, who have previously designed Shrewsbury’s new ground as well as Leigh Sports Village, will be visiting 15 new grounds built over the last five years.

They will be aiming to do this within the next 90 days, picking the best aspects from each to incorporate in their own design, but within their own budget.

Athletic are understood to be in the final stages of purchasing the BAE Systems sports ground at the Lancaster Club on Broadway....

Isn't the article just repeating the Latics Player interview last week?

Nice to see the chron on par as usual...

This certainly seems to be rushing through at a brisk pace. It slightly bothers me that the Shrewsbury link keeps cropping up with terms like 'within our budget'. Perhaps Mr Wardles interests and wants could and should have been given more consideration.

As said before I don't care if TTA make some money outta the move providing they leave us a stadium and legacy that someone else can take up the reins and push this club on with. It's got to be nearing D day in terms of years standing losses for there to be enough profit in the land deals for TTA to make something out of it all and why I see this now being steam rollered through.

Blitz: "...all things being equal with Oldham Council....."

The many hurdles of the Planning process have still to be negotiated.

Agreed. But you've got to admit upto now everything is flying through at a pace. The club and Blitz in particular have gone on record as saying so. Don't forget the BP project now shelved cost £500,000 out of Mr Blitz and Co's pockets.

Agreed. But you've got to admit upto now everything is flying through at a pace. The club and Blitz in particular have gone on record as saying so. Don't forget the BP project now shelved cost £500,000 out of Mr Blitz and Co's pockets.

It's not as though they have submitted the duplicated plans for say Shrewsbury's stadium ,and asked for a quick decision. No plans have actually been drawn up yet, and they are still looking for the optimum design features from other stadia "within the next 90 days" for incorporation into a new home with character for Latics.

We still have to go through the NIMBY process and overcome the Councillors' misconceptions.

“The new stadium will move the club forward and catapult it to the next level,”

Thanks for that, Simon. Now, could you furnish me with Saturday's winning lottery numbers, please?

What a woolly thing to say. (www.wawtts.co.uk)

This certainly seems to be rushing through at a brisk pace. It slightly bothers me that the Shrewsbury link keeps cropping up with terms like 'within our budget'.

The main reason that Shrewsbury keeps popping up is due to the builders. We had them in place for the BP redevelopment so wouldn't worry too much. Looks like the club are taking some concerns seriously by researching various designs.

It's not as though they have submitted the duplicated plans for say Shrewsbury's stadium ,and asked for a quick decision. No plans have actually been drawn up yet, and they are still looking for the optimum design features from other stadia "within the next 90 days" for incorporation into a new home with character for Latics.

We still have to go through the NIMBY process and overcome the Councillors' misconceptions.

Again I see what your saying. Your posts appear more upbate then mine as I express a concern over what stadium we will be left with. Can I ask you this, what kind of stadium in your heart of hearts do you think will be built? and would it fill you with joy.

Again I see what your saying. Your posts appear more upbate then mine as I express a concern over what stadium we will be left with. Can I ask you this, what kind of stadium in your heart of hearts do you think will be built? and would it fill you with joy.

CAn I put your question the other way round Lags, what sort of stadium would you like to see?

BP at the moment cannot fill you with joy, despite the memories?

I don't mean a 12k or 16k, that's been done to death, but what would make you proud?

For me it would have to be an individual design, that stands out, maybe not been tried before.

I remember everyone saying how great the Huddersfield one was, but it seems old hat now.

I go past the Millwall one every day and its non descript

I have been to Emirates and it is great, bt obviously not something we can compete against.

Personally, I think that all new stadia I've seen, including Wembley, are constructed of breeze blocks clad in a modern material, which will look shabby in ten years time. Note: I have never been to the Millennium Stadium which everyone tells me is fantastic and only cost a fraction of Wembley's £800,000,000.

I like a lot of the architectural features I've seen and I was vey impressed with the brickwork and standard of finish at the School in Chadderton where we had the Q & A session about the Failsworth site.

Accepting the budgetary limitations I would still hope the proposed stadium is an attractive design, incorporating and complementing the existing listed building (ike has been done at Villa Park).