Blitz: Stadium on proposed Failsworth site is on track

Don't forget that, in between, we had the sudden talk about building a stadium for joint use with an unnamed local club, and even some brief hints of a temporary ground share at another club's existing ground.

And all without blinking.

"Glass-bottle, bottle-glass."

Are you suggesting there was a little 'spin' put on the table Corporal. Surely not! <_<

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't these exist a mile and a half away at City? And three miles or so down the road in central Manchester?

In any case, what is so 'next level' about such facilities? What does a club moving on to 'the next level' mean in concrete terms?

The fact that we don't have them at the moment and they will generate income that can be gradually put into the team.

These facilities are available elsewhere but why should we miss out on a piece of the pie?

I can't give you an answer in 'concrete terms'. You will have to go and knock on one of TTA doors.

The fact that we don't have them at the moment and they will generate income that can be gradually put into the team.

These facilities are available elsewhere but why should we miss out on a piece of the pie?

I can't give you an answer in 'concrete terms'. You will have to go and knock on one of TTA doors.

One word: competition.

Two more: crowding out.

The reason you can't give an answer, and nor could anybody else' is that 'catapulting the club on to the next level' means everything and nothing at the same time.

Pardon.

Soon there will be lots of houses on BP and we'll have a new ground in Failsworth. Nothing will stop it now for me. Stitched up, done deal.

Hmmm. It's strange that whenever the club have tried to move/develop in the past, it's always been kiboshed - by a long list of problems but ultimately by the council, who I'm fairly could have facilitated permission if it had suited.

Yet now, we have suddenly have identified a site and are at an 'advanced' stage, all within the space of a couple of short months. Now who could have facilitated that move so quickly?

Hmmm. It's strange that whenever the club have tried to move/develop in the past, it's always been kiboshed - by a long list of problems but ultimately by the council, who I'm fairly could have facilitated permission if it had suited.

Yet now, we have suddenly have identified a site and are at an 'advanced' stage, all within the space of a couple of short months. Now who could have facilitated that move so quickly?

Don't ask me :o

Poor Mr Hewitt though. Gutted.

The question I now ask is relevant to any development involving additional facilities - be they hotels, conferencing, entertainment, offices or whatever. Boundary Park, Failsworth, Timbuktoo.

You generate an income from them. You spend that income on some fancy dan footballers. How do you then maintain the "additional facilities" to a standard that keeps them up to date and able to continue generating income?

Profits generated from additional facilities will not be invested in to the footballing side of the business.

The question I now ask is relevant to any development involving additional facilities - be they hotels, conferencing, entertainment, offices or whatever. Boundary Park, Failsworth, Timbuktoo.

You generate an income from them. You spend that income on some fancy dan footballers. How do you then maintain the "additional facilities" to a standard that keeps them up to date and able to continue generating income?

Profits generated from additional facilities will not be invested in to the footballing side of the business.

Ok, if that is the case then fair enough. However, surely TTA will make some form of profit from these facilities which means they would be willing to put a bit more cash into the team.

Ok, if that is the case then fair enough. However, surely TTA will make some form of profit from these facilities which means they would be willing to put a bit more cash into the team.

I strongly suspect that once we are relocated to Failsworth and BP is sold, TTA will ride off into the sunset. Can't be certain, but I personally wouldn't bet against it.

I strongly suspect that once we are relocated to Failsworth and BP is sold, TTA will ride off into the sunset. Can't be certain, but I personally wouldn't bet against it.

That is a certainty, they have downscaled the project to make more money before they sell up and go back to america

leaving us with a lower league stadium, and possibly (IMO doubtful) a league 2 team on the pitch

the club is dying - scaremungering, its failsworth or bust according to TTA

Exactly. It's almost as if any of the various 'extra facilities' mooted were ever going to make enough money to seriously subsidise a football club.

Give me extra seats and better players, the rewards are potentially worthwhile....

Im trying to see positives and not delve into conspiracy theories.

However, a lot of people on here have already made their minds up.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

I'm sure the will be some positives MaskedOwl. Better seat/view/bars/food facilities/p.a. etc. And it could well be that the club is left in reasonable nick for a 3rd/4th division club. That may lead to investment from 3rd parties, who knows. I just feel as though our hand has been forced into this, and I don't think it's the best location.

I'll reserve judgement on the actual stadium til I see the plans.

As far as I can see the old BP plans were for a hotel, conference facilities, housing and office space.

The failsworth plans only seem to revolve around revenue generated from the renting of plastic astro pitches. Now I am not that good at maths, but basic maths says that this alone wont even fund a new players' finger never mind his weekly wage.

As has been said I find it all very strange that this has all suddenly been pushed through and that the re-doing of BP scrapped.

If they were that set on the redevelopment tta would surely have kept on with the plans? Now we suddenly go from £80-20m project all with the help of the council? When we move tta sell up and the council own us and our debt, as was the case in the Brierley days, back to square one.

Also, i spoke to a mate of mine who lives in failsworth and he thinks it will all kick off with the utd/city fans over our battles over the years and the local rivalry.

I know the owners are moving to hopefully push us on to the next level, but the move to failsworth and the fact that the move will not attract any new fans whatsoever gives me the horrible sense that the club is 'dying' now, but by the time we get to failsworth, the machine will be switched off and we will die altogether.

As far as I can see the old BP plans were for a hotel, conference facilities, housing and office space.

The failsworth plans only seem to revolve around revenue generated from the renting of plastic astro pitches. Now I am not that good at maths, but basic maths says that this alone wont even fund a new players' finger never mind his weekly wage.

As has been said I find it all very strange that this has all suddenly been pushed through and that the re-doing of BP scrapped.

If they were that set on the redevelopment tta would surely have kept on with the plans? Now we suddenly go from £80-20m project all with the help of the council? When we move tta sell up and the council own us and our debt, as was the case in the Brierley days, back to square one.

Also, i spoke to a mate of mine who lives in failsworth and he thinks it will all kick off with the utd/city fans over our battles over the years and the local rivalry.

I know the owners are moving to hopefully push us on to the next level, but the move to failsworth and the fact that the move will not attract any new fans whatsoever gives me the horrible sense that the club is 'dying' now, but by the time we get to failsworth, the machine will be switched off and we will die altogether.

The council wont buy us. They are not, and never have been interested in OAFC, only the land on which the stadium stands.

TTA will put the club up for sale and will sell to an 3rd party (though I still believe their promise that they will only sell to an investor which will be good for the club.

The council wont buy us. They are not, and never have been interested in OAFC, only the land on which the stadium stands.

TTA will put the club up for sale and will sell to an 3rd party (though I still believe their promise that they will only sell to an investor which will be good for the club.

hopefully they will come up with an eye catching design...and not anything like bp,or the propsed development plans of bp.

i would like to see something innovative and forward thinking...something with no open corners or ends.and decent leg room,being 6ft makes it uncomfortably sitting down at grounds,and if were only catering for 12-16k it should be possible.

Sod it, I'm diving in. There's something fishy going on here. I can't understand why the council have now decided to work alongside us and support the club. Oh wait, yes I do, they want houses to be built on BP - affordable social housing. Can't do that unless the football club relocates. So how can they achieve that little nugget? I know, give us permission somewhere else. That might as well be Newton Heath. On green field land that really should not be developed.

I don't like this one bit, even though I have said in the past maybe it's the only way. Now I'm changing my mind.

OMBC back scratching anyone?

Sod it, I'm diving in. There's something fishy going on here. I can't understand why the council have now decided to work alongside us and support the club. Oh wait, yes I do, they want houses to be built on BP - affordable social housing. Can't do that unless the football club relocates. So how can they achieve that little nugget? I know, give us permission somewhere else. That might as well be Newton Heath. On green field land that really should not be developed.

I don't like this one bit, even though I have said in the past maybe it's the only way. Now I'm changing my mind.

OMBC back scratching anyone?

I do have more 'hearsay' to share,but not on here as i am skint enough as it is :wink:

Mr Gazal remains quiet about it all (as usual).. coming to that in what way does he help run the club?

I believe that he charters the horse drawn carts that ship the gold coins back to their horde in New York. What do you want him to do? Being a board member isn't anything like a full time job on many multinational companies, never mind a small-medium sized regional business like Latics.