World Cup finals next year

So who's planning to mix it with the Saffers next year then??? Couple of mates of mine have just booked flights.

I really really want to but I doubt it will happen. I was going to apply for tickets but could not work out if you had to pay upfront or pay if England qualified and you actually got tickets. Now I dont think I will have the funds as I am saving up to do some other travelling.

My dad is about to retire this year though, so might suggest he should go now he has the time, hopefully he will want to take his son for suggesting such a splendid idea :grin:

PLEASE BOOK ACCOMODATION BEFORE YOU GO.

Having spent time in South Africa, the rumours are true. It can be an incredibly dangerous place and there will be a very high number of muggings and robberies. They aren't setting up fan camping zones for this reason. Its also gonna be very cold.

Going without accomodation will be a huge mistake.

PLEASE BOOK ACCOMODATION BEFORE YOU GO.

Having spent time in South Africa, the rumours are true. It can be an incredibly dangerous place and there will be a very high number of muggings and robberies. They aren't setting up fan camping zones for this reason. Its also gonna be very cold.

Going without accomodation will be a huge mistake.

Go to Sandton/Jo Burg your probably safe , but like BRF says most other areas are very dangerous , I was there in their winter this year , it was cold but nothing to our cold so we will be fine ,

You can book accomodation through the FIFA website (also done by my company)

Sandton is 1 small area, there will be well over a million fans travelling.

I feel very sorry for the Japanese, South Korean and drunk English fans. I hope I'm wrong but there is gonna be carnage.

Any country where;

white customers are freely allowed to say "thanks K*****" to black employees in a supermarket (happened numerous times while I was there)

where on Long St (the main party street in South Africa) black people get assaulted with pool cues simply for taking someone elses turn while people just watch

and where the electricity has to be turned off at nights in the nations capital, and one of the top 20 most dangerous cities in the world

cannot host a World Cup.

Sandton is 1 small area, there will be well over a million fans travelling.

I feel very sorry for the Japanese, South Korean and drunk English fans. I hope I'm wrong but there is gonna be carnage.

Any country where;

white customers are freely allowed to say "thanks K*****" to black employees in a supermarket (happened numerous times while I was there)

where on Long St (the main party street in South Africa) black people get assaulted with pool cues simply for taking someone elses turn while people just watch

and where the electricity has to be turned off at nights in the nations capital, and one of the top 20 most dangerous cities in the world

cannot host a World Cup.

Yeh I know I spent a month there

There will be no where for England fans to relax , there is no pubs , lets just hope the fan zones are sufficient ,

The Stadiums were ok for CONFEDS but there was no segregation so I was happily walking between South Africa fans and Brazil fans , they will have to get that sorted

Also, the white South African population won't take kindly to drunken behaviour. I just see it as a boiling pot of trouble.

Sounds like a good job razza! Did you manage to get down to the Cape and do the Great White Shark cage diving and did you get to many South African bry's (cant spell it but the BBQS! wow) ?

Yeh I know I spent a month there

There will be no where for England fans to relax , there is no pubs , lets just hope the fan zones are sufficient ,

The Stadiums were ok for CONFEDS but there was no segregation so I was happily walking between South Africa fans and Brazil fans , they will have to get that sorted

Where do all the cricket/rugby union fans go when we play over there?

Also, the white South African population won't take kindly to drunken behaviour. I just see it as a boiling pot of trouble.

Sounds like a good job razza! Did you manage to get down to the Cape and do the Great White Shark cage diving and did you get to many South African bry's (cant spell it but the BBQS! wow) ?

Nope will being going Cape Town next year though might have to look out for that :)

Rugby fans are a different breed, you cant compare it.

In and around Jo'berg the official recommendation is to stay in your hotel. Thats the official statement! The nightclubs have boxes for people to deposit their guns. Drunken English fans, highly strung South Africans, nightclubs, girls, guns........

Girls.... very friendly . I heard a while back they was making prostitution legal for the World cup , not sure if it happened. oh well 200 rand to the copper and your safe

i was there for 9 weeks in 95/96 for the cricket,toured all around the country.

in much of europe,you don't really have to out of civialisation without a beerhouse to hand.over there,its a case of 1 pub per 3 square miles in a very built up area...sometimes its worse.

in the major cities eg jo'burg, you would have to be a fool or on a deathwish to actually go out drinking there at night.the stadium is at the top end of the city(if i remember right).once you get off that main area,your life is out of your hands.

when over there,in cape town we stayed mainly in the quay area ..because it was the safest.long street was..erm..nasty.

now there was about 200 of us there on the full tour.going to a new town (eg port eleizabeth) took lot s of planning(a town with about 3 bars..honest)they where already packed with locals,so where are the extra 200 bodies going to go?

time this by how many thousands of fans from all over the world will be there and think how crazy its going to be.

as for the crime...i fear there will be bad things..there they shoot you dead for 10 rands...for catching someones eye,you'll enjoy a pool cue around your head...for having the gal to beat someone at pool,a gun will be waved about in your face.

i saw lots there.my overall conclusion of the place...beautiful country..shame that half of the people there, live there...and most of them are white.