New Keeper or CB? DP not looking at the moment

i think DP not being after a new centre half or goalie is very disturbing :disappointed:

Indeed...sadly DP's put all his eggs in the Gregan basket on that one...but then, most of our lot wanted that to happen...and still praise him endlessly. More reaping and sowing...I've just got back off hol and am staggered to see the MOTM poll on here yet again given to Gregan (ok, I can't judge his performance) but how on earth does a CB get MOTM in a 3-0 arse-kicking by Hartlepool???

Last seasons deadwood is continuing to rot away at this season...and although I have time for Hazell, he too is on very borrowed time. Not judging Brill till these two who can't command aerial balls successfully (and that includes finding a Latics player and relieving pressure and not the crap, inviting trouble that Gregan's macho heading of balls straight to the oppo offers.)

I said at the start of the season...not getting in this new, fresh CB is going to be the difference between us being mid-table and secure and spending the next 9 mths constantly looking over our shoulders...or even, being in a dogfight. I see nothing to prove I'll be wrong...just hope we don't fall through the trapdoor due to the manager neglecting to bring in the defender we've cried out for now for god knows how long!

Edited by boundaryblue80

... but how on earth does a CB get MOTM in a 3-0 arse-kicking by Hartlepool???

You really had to be there. I put down the new lad from Badfud, who was :censored:, but that was up there with the best of them that night. I suppose Gregan did most of the few decent things that night. Well he kicked the ball twice, which is the same thing.

In some ways I can see your point, but the mistakes Brill is making are not related to the defenders. Like pointing the hands in the right direction, lining up a wall, not standing by the corner flag...

Indeed...sadly DP's put all his eggs in the Gregan basket on that one...but then, most of our lot wanted that to happen...and still praise him endlessly. More reaping and sowing...I've just got back off hol and am staggered to see the MOTM poll on here yet again given to Gregan (ok, I can't judge his performance) but how on earth does a CB get MOTM in a 3-0 arse-kicking by Hartlepool???

Last seasons deadwood is continuing to rot away at this season...and although I have time for Hazell, he too is on very borrowed time. Not judging Brill till these two who can't command aerial balls successfully (and that includes finding a Latics player and relieving pressure and not the crap, inviting trouble that Gregan's macho heading of balls straight to the oppo offers.)

I said at the start of the season...not getting in this new, fresh CB is going to be the difference between us being mid-table and secure and spending the next 9 mths constantly looking over our shoulders...or even, being in a dogfight. I see nothing to prove I'll be wrong...just hope we don't fall through the trapdoor due to the manager neglecting to bring in the defender we've cried out for now for god knows how long!

You shouldn't be staggered Ross, his performance, albeit, not great, was certainly head and shoulders above anybody else, in a very poor team performance against Hartlepool and unfortunately whilst you and many others and probably quite rightly state, we do need another CB, (2?) Gregan is still performing far better on the games I have seen, than his partner Rubes!!