Take a deep breath

1) We lost, it's :censored: and I don't like it. It happens too often.

But here's some stats from today's game:

- Shots on target: Latics 6 v Rovers 5

- Possession: Latics 54% v Rovers 46%

- Fouls committed by: Latics 10 v Rovers 14

Another day and we come away with a late winner. When things are against you then you give one away late on.

It's a fine line between success and failure. I'd have been pleased with a point today. We were 2 minutes from securing it. We could have won.

2) Penney Out? Don't be silly.

I'd rather have a manager in place who works out how to get a team out of a run of poor form like this than just chop and change every few weeks. We've had 3 managers in 6 months ffs this is not the time to change it again.

If Parker had put us 1-0 up v Hartlepool, or Abbott had scored the header at Brentford, or we'd put one of our 6 "shots on target" in the back of the net today there wouldn't be the wave of negatvity flowing through these boards that we currently feel. An extra 8 points from those three games - which was possible with a bit of luck at the right moments - and Latics would currently be in the top 6.

It's a fine line. Keeping the faith with Dave Penney will see this team improve.

3) TTA Out? Don't be silly.

They could walk away now, claim all the funds that are owing to them and probably wind the business up and end professional football in Oldham if they so chose. This is absolutely not the sort of campaign that should launched against the owners in any way shape or form. We will all be the losers if such ideas build momentum.

They have stated their aims. They sought more backing for the business - including discussions with Wardle. They've stated that they won't be here in 10 years. They've stated that we will have a new stadium, possibly within 2 years. We could ask for more financial input from them, but if they are not minded to pile in with more I think we have to trust their business judgement to find a buyer for the football business when that time is right.

For me the right time is sooner rather than later. But the fans shouldn't be looking to force them out until a reputable buyer is found.

Another day and we come away with a late winner. When things are against you then you give one away late on.

It's a fine line between success and failure. I'd have been pleased with a point today. We were 2 minutes from securing it. We could have won.

I'd rather have a manager in place who works out how to get a team out of a run of poor form like this than just chop and change every few weeks. We've had 3 managers in 6 months ffs this is not the time to change it again.

If Parker had put us 1-0 up v Hartlepool, or Abbott had scored the header at Brentford, or we'd put one of our 6 "shots on target" in the back of the net today there wouldn't be the wave of negatvity flowing through these boards that we currently feel. An extra 8 points from those three games - which was possible with a bit of luck at the right moments - and Latics would currently be in the top 6.

It's a fine line. Keeping the faith with Dave Penney will see this team improve.

Correct-look at the top teams-scummers, aresnal, liverpool - stickin with a manager and giving them time to get it done their way, whereas when new managers come in every season teams struggle - newcastle PRIME example of that. Chelsea have gone few a fair few managers, but with Roman throwing money at signings they're the exception to the rule.

They could walk away now, claim all the funds that are owing to them and probably wind the business up and end professional football in Oldham if they so chose. This is absolutely not the sort of campaign that should launched against the owners in any way shape or form. We will all be the losers if such ideas build momentum.

They have stated their aims. They sought more backing for the business - including discussions with Wardle. They've stated that they won't be here in 10 years. They've stated that we will have a new stadium, possibly within 2 years. We could ask for more financial input from them, but if they are not minded to pile in with more I think we have to trust their business judgement to find a buyer for the football business when that time is right.

For me the right time is sooner rather than later. But the fans shouldn't be looking to force them out until a reputable buyer is found.

Spot on. People are forgetting its because of the TTA we still have a club. They're business men, they're rich, but not rich enouguh to just throw money at every player under the sun. I find it ironic that when other teams adopt this strategy they get called for 'buying the title' - sour grapes I think.

Will TTA make money out of the sale of BP and walk off richer when they sell up? Yes, they're business men at the end of the day.

Will they leave behind a club that can sustain itself through its facilites and tuhs keeping it afloat? Yes.

Will the next buyer be attracted to a club that they can put money directly into better players, thus making more of a chance of promotion? Yes. And thats when the glory years will begin again. Everyone just needs a lot of trust and even more patience.

Spot on 100% agree.

Have you Got any stats on how many times Taylor touched the ball, beat a man or completed a pass today?

I have.........................0!!

Why the feck did we play him today he's obviously not fit and he ruined the balance of the team! And why did it take penny so long to realise it?

Have you Got any stats on how many times Taylor touched the ball, beat a man or completed a pass today?

I have.........................0!!

Why the feck did we play him today he's obviously not fit and he ruined the balance of the team! And why did it take penny so long to realise it?

He was awful... The fans were telling Penny to take him off after first half but he waits until last 10 minutes.

We had 6 shots but all were never going to come close to a Goal, very weak efforts

He was awful... The fans were telling Penny to take him off after first half but he waits until last 10 minutes.

We had 6 shots but all were never going to come close to a Goal, very weak efforts

So the Os was lieing when it said one was cleared off the line?

1) "It's a fine line between success and failure. I'd have been pleased with a point today. We were 2 minutes from securing it. We could have won."

Agreed.

However, the stats do not reflect the difference between the two teams. We didn't really look like scoring. We didn't keep possession of the ball long enough to be effective. Brill kept us in the game, but we knew deep down that Rovers would score, as they were much more comfortable on the ball and had more options available.

2) & 3) Agreed.

Its alright stating the stats of the game we might have had 6 shots on target but we didnt score did we and we have to do that to win a game.

Mods - can we please put an end to this madness??

I'm furious at this kind of common sense-style posting and demand a return to the ridiculous-lookatme-letstryandgetareaction-I'memailing the club stuff that we've had over the last couple of weeks.