Ive had enough

But with some fans on here,

Gets way too personal,

on one hand you have some fans who wouldnt be happy with anything that happens in the club,

and on the other hand we have fans on here who question other peoples support of the club because they have some criticisms of the club,

and then the worse lot of them all are the ones who like to try and make it into a personal argument,

remember folks:

a) were not the biggest club in the world but we are trying,

b] fans on here have as much right to criticise as those who will keep faith whatever, and you dont decide whether they are true supporters or not because you posted 1000 times more than they have

c) if some one is windin you up to the point where you feel a dig at them personally is the answer then i dont think this forum is for you.

I cant remember reading a thread recently where it hasnt been said that "were doomed" or "these people are not true supporters because they disagree"

come on lads lets sort it out please!

A. is a nonsense point in the context.

B. I wholeheartedly agree with.

C. Ditto.

What I've had enough of is the points-scoring attitude that most (including myself, I suspect) have acquired recently. There seems to be too much posturing and a steadfast refusal to back down.

I dont know what it is its just that some seem to think theres a fan hierarchy in place and that someones opinion is less important than theirs,

i personally think there is a bit too much moaning, but then again there can be a bit too much blind faith aswell

but it seems sometimes if someone disagrees some fans take offence and out come the pitch forks and torches

Im saying this because I remember not a lot of people took me seriously when i joined this board and I dont want other latics fans to be put off voicing their opinions and joining in the forums,

we as in oldham are trying, and trying to be a bigger club

the whole point I brought this up is that theres people who still hold on to an idea that we can compete with man united and man city still, then theres others that think we dont want to be a bigger club,

I was saying this more as an opinion, I dont think anyone in the world has a long term goal of trying to downsize a business

the whole point I brought this up is that theres people who still hold on to an idea that we can compete with man united and man city still, then theres others that think we dont want to be a bigger club,

I was saying this more as an opinion, I dont think anyone in the world has a long term goal of trying to downsize a business

Nobody ever thought we could compete long-term with the Manchester clubs. But there is no reason why Latics can't compete with similar clubs in similar towns who play against the Manchester clubs on a regular basis these days.

There is no will to do it, however. There is clearly no longer even any will to mount a promotion challenge in this division. And half of the remaining fans seem to want the club to be smaller than it already is. They will get their wish.

Nobody is necessarily downsizing a business. A football club is definitely being downsized, however. The business side of things might actually become more manageable (at least in theory) once the club has instituionalised its minnow status.

how do you work that out?

the lack of spending has put us in the relegation zone, and we are moving into a stadium in Man Citys backyard

trying to be a bigger club - dont make me laugh

Edited by creepy

Nobody ever thought we could compete long-term with the Manchester clubs. But there is no reason why Latics can't compete with similar clubs in similar towns who play against the Manchester clubs on a regular basis these days.

There is no will to do it, however. There is clearly no longer even any will to mount a promotion challenge in this division. And half of the remaining fans seem to want the club to be smaller than it already is. They will get their wish.

Nobody is necessarily downsizing a business. A football club is definitely being downsized, however. The business side of things might actually become more manageable (at least in theory) once the club has instituionalised its minnow status.

possibly, but then wouldnt it be advantageous that we are restarting with a more profitable base?

possibly, but then wouldnt it be advantageous that we are restarting with a more profitable base?

It won't be more profitable because the lack of serious ambition symbolised by the small stadium capacity will alienate yet more fans. They will stop coming-adding themselves to those who say they won't watch 'a Manchester club.'

It won't be more profitable because the lack of serious ambition symbolised by the small stadium capacity will alienate yet more fans. They will stop coming-adding themselves to those who say they won't watch 'a Manchester club.'

£22-23 quid to watch oldham half a mile one way, or £28 to watch city half a mile the other way,

somehow i think we can guess where the floating fan will go

Edited by Lookers_Carl

just a matter of personal opinion, which way you think is the best way to go with latics, I think we can all agree something has to be done, seems we dont all agree with the strategy in place,

but it is there money at the end of the day and it is their club, they have managed to do well with their other businesses so that is why i trust them,

and as for the floating fans thing I dont think we will ever be playing at home same time as city anymore so the floating fans could be interested in going then?

just a matter of personal opinion, which way you think is the best way to go with latics, I think we can all agree something has to be done, seems we dont all agree with the strategy in place,

but it is there money at the end of the day and it is their club, they have managed to do well with their other businesses so that is why i trust them,

and as for the floating fans thing I dont think we will ever be playing at home same time as city anymore so the floating fans could be interested in going then?

These days most people won't shell out the kind of money it takes to regularly watch two clubs.

Lots of people who've done well in business have ruined football clubs. Chris Moore was hardly a business failure.