Everyone who's ever posted this board is getting shite

Or complains about threads or polls being ridiculous.

Could you all do something about it like start a thread or poll that's interesting please. I for one don't agree with you all by the way in case you didn't grasp that part for me starting this thread. Sure the odd one or two by the odd one or two posters isn't my sense of humour but hey some folks didn't like Tommy Cooper or Les Dawson.

Or complains about threads or polls being ridiculous.

Could you all do something about it like start a thread or poll that's interesting please. I for one don't agree with you all by the way in case you didn't grasp that part for me starting this thread. Sure the odd one or two by the odd one or two posters isn't my sense of humour but hey some folks didn't like Tommy Cooper or Les Dawson.

I agree - this is a forum for opinion - rather than disagree and moan about certain individuals it would be far better to put a constructive counter argument or introduce topics that stimulate debate.

There are a number who post on this board whom I simply ignore because they no longer have any credibility. No sense in going on about them.

Tommy Cooper - great man - Les Dawson - never quite got him :grin:

I agree - this is a forum for opinion - rather than disagree and moan about certain individuals it would be far better to put a constructive counter argument or introduce topics that stimulate debate.

There are a number who post on this board whom I simply ignore because they no longer have any credibility. No sense in going on about them.

It's all about opinions;

Les Dawson - great man - Tommy Cooper -never quite got him :grin:

Tommy Cooper and Les Dawson - THE two absolute comedy giants who will probably never be matched. <_<

As for the forum, it often amazes how much time people who can't cope with other people's opinions seem to spend on internet forums - you'd think they'd stay away really wouldn't you? It's a bit like repeatedly stabbing yourself in the eye with a compass and then complaining that you've gone blind.

Both comedians are great. TC would have made a great centre half, Just like that!!!

Sorry :grin:

D'oh! :lol:

Now this poking in the eye thing, does it have to be a compass ? could I used a folded out paper clip .. would it have the same effect?

Good point (gerritt?). The paper clip might be even better, by virtue of being more blunt than the compass and therefore probably more painful but less likely to bring the eyeball straight out at the first jab... :shock:

Joke of the day.

OK, lifting the humour etc.

A duck walks into a bar and asks: "Got any Bread?"

Barman says: "No."

Duck says: "Got any bread?"

Barman says: "No, we have no bread."

Barman says: "No, we haven't got any bread!"

Barman says: "No, are you deaf?! We haven't got any bread, and if you ask me again and I'll nail your dang beak to the bar you irritating dang duck!"

Duck says: "Got any nails?"

Barman says: "No"

Duck says: "AHa, that's OK then. Got any bread

Edited by singe

Joke of the day.

OK, lifting the humour etc.

A duck walks into a bar and asks: "Got any Bread?"

Barman says: "No, we have no bread."

Barman says: "No, we haven't got any bread!"

Barman says: "No, are you deaf?! We haven't got any bread, and if you ask me again and I'll nail your dang beak to the bar you irritating dang duck!"

Duck says: "Got any nails?"

Barman says: "No"

Duck says: "AHa, that's OK then. Got any bread

:lol:

BTW, I always found Les Dawson's comedy piano playing hilarious - still do!!

this is exactly what my thread was about the other day, things are getting too personal sometimes,

and if you dare have an opinion you cant be taken seriously until youve posted for 3 months+

reason for edit: I put moths instead of months

Edited by thelaticsfan

"Mr.Grimsdale! Mr.Grimsdale!"

No thanks.

If we're going all the way, Will Hay was and still is superb. The routine with the firemen has me in stitches everytime I watch it. Abbott and Costello, Laurel and Hardy, moving into the sixties with The Frost Report, Marty Feldman, TWTWTW, the foundations of Monty Python. The Two Ronnies, Morcambe and Wise, Tom O'Connor was severely underrated as a stand up, Bob Monkhouse....it goes on forever....

this is exactly what my thread was about the other day, things are getting too personal sometimes,

How can anything between anonymous usernames be personal? :unsure:

Don't worry about it, if any comments cross the line then the mods will pick it up and deal with it.......and if you're not happy with something then just :censored: off. :wink:

Got any bread ? :grin:

Garcon ... the paper clip theory.... if you do it and then take the nib of your bic pen, blow the ink into your hand and rub it in your eye ... you have a instant eye tattoo !!!!!!!! and a bit of a migraine !!!!!! tattoed mine with gregan on the left and Hazel on the right :grin: