Southend: Directions, Beer & Food

The trouble maker in question is an Oldham, "fan," not that many of us consider him as such. He went on a mad pub crawl last year and slapped numerous peace-loving Southend fans in the face with his pension book and attempted to put Marmite into the vinegar shakers of several pubs, then cries wolf because he was thrown out. Most of us wash our hands of him.

Cant say I noticed any yesterday! Half decent following and made a bit of noise!

What impressed me was the team spirit showed by Latics yesterday. They battled for each other and I think their reaction, as a team, said a hell of a lot!

Here is looking forward to the rematch at BP!

Its an OK pub but very important in the history of SUFC. I think the problem we have is the idiots that come to the Hall! With it being a seaside town we tend to attract a larger then normaal fair share of idiots and the police rather then the landlords set the rules!

Railway and Spread are both decent pubs too. Its a sham the only official boozer available is the Lion which is truly awful!

Good 3 points for you yesterday and a real chance to add another 6 this week with 2 very winable matches!

Are you the bloke who went with us from the Golden Lion to the Railway yesterday?

Cant say I noticed any yesterday! Half decent following and made a bit of noise!

What impressed me was the team spirit showed by Latics yesterday. They battled for each other and I think their reaction, as a team, said a hell of a lot!

Here is looking forward to the rematch at BP!

The coppers know him too well. They spot the grey hair and mob around him, sometimes it takes a couple of riot vans full to bring him down but they get there in the end.

It was a good day out and no trouble or nastiness once again. Don't think you lot have a fans team, reckon you could get 11 lads with boots when you are up our way?

The coppers know him too well. They spot the grey hair and mob around him, sometimes it takes a couple of riot vans full to bring him down but they get there in the end.

It was a good day out and no trouble or nastiness once again. Don't think you lot have a fans team, reckon you could get 11 lads with boots when you are up our way?

Two replies for the price of one....

Yes I was the bloke that came up to the Railway from the Lion and I am sure I could get a team up for a game. Would be good to finallly get a victory against Latics. I hear the new manager of the fans team has not got off to the best of starts!

Two replies for the price of one....

Yes I was the bloke that came up to the Railway from the Lion...

You were introduced to Mrs. S. and I by another of the 'Blue Boar Nine' from last season. Keep up the good work! :latics:

Re the trouble-maker yarn, leeslover has a vivid imagination.....it even stretches to his contention that J. W. Lees produces lovable beer.

You were introduced to Mrs. S. and I by another of the 'Blue Boar Nine' from last season. Keep up the good work! :latics:

Re the trouble-maker yarn, leeslover has a vivid imagination.....it even stretches to his contention that J. W. Lees produces lovable beer.

the infamous Blue Boar 9! Rumour has it you are the reasons for the ban on away fans from all the other pubs!!!! Scandalous behaviour!

Did you enjoy your trip/weekend?

the infamous Blue Boar 9! Rumour has it you are the reasons for the ban on away fans from all the other pubs!!!! Scandalous behaviour!

Did you enjoy your trip/weekend?

Rumours turn into urban myths. That's how the Sex Pistols gained notoriety. Do you think we warrant another blue plaque on the wall of the historic early-birds-welcome-until-the-bouncers- arrive hostelry?

It was a great day out. :chubb: If only we could play at Roots Hall every week!

I've got a feeling we'll be back there in the F.A. Cup. :grin:

Great..... At least I get a mention in the programme! Not sure about my fancy job title but nice keepsake!

Roll on tuesday.... Good test for Latics against a strong MK dons side way from home and we will grab a point at Griffin Park!

The Golden Lion is a contender, in a field with strong competition, for the worst pub I have ever been in. More bouncers than bar staff, more beers off than on and the beer they did have was utterly rank. The Southend ticket office was also the least competent operation I have seen in a very long time. About 8 people, including the bird whose job was clearly to stand and pout, but only one of them could do anything at one time as they only hard one very slow machine printing tickets.

They need to learn to count when i arrived at the pub (before the game) and saw the sign away fans only i asked the doorman if they where many Oldham fans in he said about ten which turned out to be 4 supporters Dave, Jeff and Ryan Brooke parents.

That last pub seemed pretty good.

What a weekend.

Shame Varsity was shut, but the nice place 3 of us found on the friday night made up for it. :grin: I'd post the link to their website but i'd be banned from here.

Found a decent little club as well. £5 in and £1.50 every drink so that turned out to be a cheap night - with plenty of POUNDS in my pocket. :wink::grin:

Glad I went the game. Got fleeced in slug and lettuce for drinks £3.90 for a Jd and coke - before opting near the ground. Golden Lion only place we could get in. What a dive. £3 for a pint of piss. The toilets were cleaner than the main room.

Annoyed Cookie was watching everyone go through the turnstiles so we couldnt even chance getting a junior ticket. £22. :ranting: Great goal celebrations! :grin:

Roll on Southend away 2010/11. Fast becoming my favourite away!

Edited by Rocky_Latic