Taylor tired after 20 minutes !

In terms of match fitness, the stiffs is barely better than an 11v11 in training. It's not as if he's been out all season like Jacobson, he shouldn't have lost that much basic fitness.

So what if he was "tired" after 20 minutes? The extra match time will have accelerated his progress far better than a trip to Cammell Laird would.

According to his interview on the OS.

So why didn't he manager take him off as such lack of fitness must surely affect the team display ?

It was clear from the start of the 2nd half how tired he was, he was offering nothing to the team.... Penny was being shouted at to get him off by several fans. Standing where i was and looking at Penny's reaction's to these shouts I actually do feel he kept him out there for longer in pure stubbornness

to these people telling him what to do

Edited by NIKI1234

In terms of match fitness, the stiffs is barely better than an 11v11 in training. It's not as if he's been out all season like Jacobson, he shouldn't have lost that much basic fitness.

So what if he was "tired" after 20 minutes? The extra match time will have accelerated his progress far better than a trip to Cammell Laird would.

I'm looking at it from the perspective that it was probably detrimental to the first team having someone blowing out of their arse after twenty minutes. Certainly someone who I suspect most of his colleagues look to get the ball to so he can do something with it.

And whilst the stiffs isn't as intense as first team football, it's certainly much better than a training match.

I'm looking at it from the perspective that it was probably detrimental to the first team having someone blowing out of their arse after twenty minutes. Certainly someone who I suspect most of his colleagues look to get the ball to so he can do something with it.

And whilst the stiffs isn't as intense as first team football, it's certainly much better than a training match.

Im confused...

In my mind a professional football should be fit enough to last 90 mins of football as a default...

With or without games... Swimming, cycling, treadmill...all avilable 24/7

If a player cant keep themselves fit enough (excluding injuries) to play two 45 mins halfs of football then I think that player needs to consider their professional status...

Players need game for match sharpness...but fitness...pah

Edited by oafc0000

Unfit players should not play simple as that, it's letting down the team and the fans.

In effect we are saying the team carried a passenger after 20 minutes.

Also, what does it say about the substitutes and strength of the squad?

Edited by BP1960

Im confused...

In my mind a professional football should be fit enough to last 90 mins of football as a default...

With or without games... Swimming, cycling, treadmill...all avilable 24/7

If a player cant keep themselves fit enough (excluding injuries) to play two 45 mins halfs of football then I think that player needs to consider their professional status...

Players need game for match sharpness...but fitness...pah

You can replicate the type of exercise a game requires to an extent, but there's simply no substitute for a competitive game. It's not easily explained, unfortunately. I'm not even going to try - I should get some work done :grin:

You can replicate the type of exercise a game requires to an extent, but there's simply no substitute for a competitive game. It's not easily explained, unfortunately. I'm not even going to try - I should get some work done :grin:

I think its rubbish :)

Apply more bloody effort in training the lazy sod!

Yeah, know what your saying re: general fitness. With Taylor, he says in his interview that he can hardly do anything at the moment, even in the gym.

In that case there is something seriously wrong with him and he shouldn't be playing, you need a team firing on all cylinders in the present situation.