Boundary Park plans give new squad boost

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did the farmer pull out? As far as I know, this was never made entirely clear. All I recal is that he said something along the lines of, 'I'll sell to anybody but the football club.' Why?

At the time it didn't matter too much as Plan B (or was it C?) was to redevelop BP...

It was all the Chron's fault. :wink:

Yeah right. Bet you he'd sell it for mustard gas production if you met his asking price.

Maybe TTA's biggest mistake has been letting us know too much of what they plan to do too far in advance? Complicated schemes often don't reach completion the way the first draft was set out, yet by being open they seem to create sticks for people to beat them with at a later stage.

Not really. It isn't as if anything can be done.

Our York City or Wrexham type future is guaranteed, and there's eff all we can do.

It doesn't matter if anybody has a scheme or not. We're only the fans.

I wouldnt bother corporal...

Most of this lot are so blinded... Its the same lot that where clapping and cheering Moores no doubt as a few of us where sat there worried about all the big contracts which where being signed...

Edited by oafc0000

I wouldnt bother corporal...

Most of this lot are so blinded... Its the same lot that where clapping and cheering Moores no doubt as a few of us where sat there worried about all the big contracts which where being signed...

I used to be with the MPLA, but since the Yanks started funding UNITA they seem the better option. At least you get your wages on time.

Give over.

I think a lot of people were uneasy when Moore was splashing the cash around. I was myself, but, like nearly everybody else, I made the mistake of thinking that somebody who's been so successful in business must surely know what he's doing...

I do seem to recall some dissenting voices on JKL, but they were drowned out by Moore enthusiasts.

The trouble is that the Moore experience had the effect not of making people more sceptical, but more credulous and frightened to death of their own shadows.

I said at the time the contracts where big... and if Moores went we would be in the :censored:... A few people where also worried the rest had a pop...

If thats me in a Ivory tower...so be it...

If TTA went we'd be in the :censored:. But only after we'd secured a new ground to secure our future, whichever division that may be in.

Can you see any other knights in gleaming armour riding in to save the day from up there in your lofty perch?

If TTA went we'd be in the :censored:. But only after we'd secured a new ground to secure our future, whichever division that may be in.

Can you see any other knights in gleaming armour riding in to save the day from up there in your lofty perch?

Yeah I can actually...

How many football clubs havent found buyers who have been in the :censored: ? Answers on a post card....

If you don't ask, you don't get, do you? It's clear that if the club is to maintain ambitions of one day re-establishing itself in the Championship additional investement, enabling something like the BP redevelopment plan to go ahead, is required.

We've already seen this ruled out, however. York City, Wrexham or Oxford United it is to be then.

Yeah I can actually...

How many football clubs havent found buyers who have been in the :censored: ? Answers on a post card....

A few; Scarborough, York City, Halifax Town, Boston United, Chester.

Yeah, sure, many clubs pull themselves together after getting dropped in the mire after their major artery of finance gets severed, but few get Notts County type of benefactors turning up. Usually the cloth is cut and the club finds itself dropping before stabilising at a lower level (such as Bradford City, Rotherham United, Southampton).

So basically, I don't see us with too many options right now other than moving to Failsworth.

If you don't ask, you don't get, do you?

Oh aye, and you really were at the forum at Radcliffe recently probing the top brass with all these kinds of questions, weren't you?

No, if I recall correctly you were logged in here, boring us all with the same prediction of what is going to happen.

A few; Scarborough, York City, Halifax Town, Boston United, Chester.

Yeah, sure, many clubs pull themselves together after getting dropped in the mire after their major artery of finance gets severed, but few get Notts County type of benefactors turning up. Usually the cloth is cut and the club finds itself dropping before stabilising at a lower level (such as Bradford City, Rotherham United, Southampton).

So basically, I don't see us with too many options right now other than moving to Failsworth.

All those clubs are still operating... The answer to my question is none... None of them have gone under and are all still here... Including the likes of Notts County... I bet they didnt think they would have got such big backers...

You cant see any options...but I think your blinkered... We do have options...

Usually the cloth is cut and the club finds itself dropping before stabilising at a lower level (such as Bradford City, Rotherham United, Southampton).

Where the cloth will be cut accordingly...

Goodbye ambition. It was nice glimpsing you from afar back in the day.

(Although, as I said, ambition can be repackaged. Challenging to regain third or fourth division status can be sold as ambition.)