Taggart on Scholes: "I have read that stuff about playing for Oldham in his last year. No chance!"

Hallelujah.

It's almost a shame that Fergie feels the need (all be it presumably in answer to a direct question) to waste his time confirming this to the retards who honestly thought Scholes would ever play for us.

He and Giggs are currently doing a fine job of confirming that being in your early to mid 30s is no barrier to still being two of the very best players in the Premiership. They will both retire from the game as one club players. And I wouldn't be surprised if they both remain at the club as youth coaches.

Edited by garcon

Hallelujah.

It's almost a shame that Fergie feels the need (all be it presumably in answer to a direct question) to waste his time confirming this to the retards who honestly thought Scholes would ever play for us.

He and Giggs are currently doing a fine job of confirming that being in your early to mid 30s is no barrier to still being two of the very best players in the Premiership. They will both retire from the game as one club players. And I wouldn't be surprised if they both remain at the club as youth coaches.

And we have to remember that Scholes has recently renounced us, if the report is to be believed.

Typical red.

'Ronaldo won't be leaving'

Bollocks. All it means is Fergie doesn't want him to go...if Scholesy says that he wants to play for us for a season or two then he will. Ferguson can't stop him. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but this article doesn't say anything new - the situation has always been that if Scholes wants to come he will. The long and short of it is that he will continue to play for United whilst he's still good enough. Once he's not good enough then Fergie's hardly going to make him stay just to stop him playing for us.

Like I said, it's the Scholesy's decision. Always has been, always will be.

It is Scholesy's decision. But does anyone seriously believe he would even begin thinking about looking elsewhere until Fergie says, "Paul you're just not in my first team plans anymore."

And what Fergie is basically saying here is that on current form Scholes will remain in his first team plans for some time to come, and probably will do until retirement.

Edited by garcon

I don't think we will ever see him pull on a Latics shirt.

I'm hopeful that once his playing responsibilities down the road are finished he might turn out for the odd testimonial/charity game. Although he'll probably get plenty of chance for that with the England veterans side.

Until we hear from the horse's mouth then I don't believe anyone.

He's even started to doing post-match interviews these days so perhaps BBC or Sky should pose the question directly to him.

Garth Crooks : "Thanks for explaining your latest red card following that tackle Paul. Now, I do need to ask you a burning question that's been on everyone's lips ever since you got promoted to the first team; will you ever play for Oldham Athletic?"

Paul Scholes : "Well Garth, I was seriously considering it despite the sacking of John Sheridan, relocation to Failsworth, failure to sign Lee Hughes, resigning of Sean Gregan, sending Fleming north of the border, the bemusement of signing Brill BUT the prospect of being booed by the fans after my first five minutes on the pitch was too much. I've decided to remain here for another two seasons and then grab a coaching role. "

Would that be the first ever Garth Crooks interview where the answer is longer than the question?

Best Crooks related quote:

BBC researcher: Mr Strachan, Garth's on the pitch waiting to interview you

Strachan: Tell him to start now and I'll be out before he's finished the question

It will never happen at League One level...and probably not even if we did produce that miracle called promotion this season or next. But at least Taggart realises League One and Oldham Athletic exists. I do like the fact that the Scottish tw@ has taken it upon himself to acknowledge us...I didn't think he thought we existed. I remember last time he said a player was going nowhere...he became a virus that ended up being sold to a mob for £80m!