NHL 2009/10 Season

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:applause1:

Finland Ladies take a bow!!! Fantastic win - 3-2 OT .... great game of hockey, watch the highlights, Finlands second goal is an absolute corker....

One bronze in the bag... now for the men to go at least one better!

:)

Edited by BigfinLatic

:applause1:

Finland Ladies take a bow!!! Fantastic win - 3-2 OT .... great game of hockey, watch the highlights, Finlands second goal is an absolute corker....

One bronze in the bag... now for the men to go at least one better!

:)

Watched the first two periods before 5aside. Good game all round really, some iffy calls and despite the skill both the D and the goalie should do better on the Fin's second.

Either team would have been worthy winners.

:shock: *

*just to say, I know this may be after the horse has bolted, but I frigging hate Kiprusoff - he is a big headed idiot who I didnt want between the pipes. For me, after Torino Nityymakki should always be between the posts.

We'll call that a shut-out then, even I could score against Tim Thomas.

Only turned on after two periods, will watch highlights later. On the basis of the third period the Finns were more than able to hold their own, though of course the damage had been done. The USA are, player for player, without doubt a better team, but I can only assume the first thirteen minutes were just madness.

If the USA win the final, will that make Parise the most boring person ever to win an Olympic gold medal? :wink:

We'll call that a shut-out then, even I could score against Tim Thomas.

Only turned on after two periods, will watch highlights later. On the basis of the third period the Finns were more than able to hold their own, though of course the damage had been done. The USA are, player for player, without doubt a better team, but I can only assume the first thirteen minutes were just madness.

If the USA win the final, will that make Parise the most boring person ever to win an Olympic gold medal? :wink:

It was an absolute blitz, by an obviously highly pumped up and mobile American team. Thier pressing play was just fantastic, and an aging finish team couldnt match it - along with the shell-shock of Kipper doing something as utterly daft as that... I think without that first mistake it stays tight for the whole game, dont get me wrong I think the americans still would have won as they have the legs and the ability to step it up... however for me the main dissapointment is that the great international careers of Teemu, Saku et el, have to finish like that.

..of course it doesnt and the bronze game is tonight - lets hope they pull it together, this is arguably the best team in international hockey over the last 12 years or so, lets end it in style.... (I really hope they give Nittymakki a shot in net too)

.... BUT... its going to be one hell of a final! I think Canada will be the more nervous.... 5 ducks in the final though, so I hope they all have stormers.... Dunno who I will support, slighly siding on Canada but that will probably change when the game starts!

JSS - You missed the game if you didn't watch the first two periods mate... hell, the first 15 minutes.

Like BigFin concedes, the US' forecheck won the game in that opening blitz. The Fins didn't know what had hit them - some would call it Devils hockey, I could have sworn I saw a trap in there at some point! :wink:

I'll back the Yanks in the final for the simple reason that I like their eithic. I think the Canadians have been a bit blasé about the whole thing, thinking they had it in the bag simply because it was in Canada.

Oh, and I can't wait to see Luongo come up against some talent, because if the Yanks pressure like they did against the Fins they could have 5 in the first period tomorrow too!

Like BigFin concedes, the US' forecheck won the game in that opening blitz. The Fins didn't know what had hit them - some would call it Devils hockey, I could have sworn I saw a trap in there at some point! :wink:

I was watching the interview with Bobby Ryan before the match on NHL.com, when he was speaking about the importance of thier pressing play and traps. I almost cried.

:wink:

Just saw Can-Slv highlights...

First, that knee-to-knee hit is awful. Did both players come out of that ok?

Second, how in the hell can anyone claim Luongo is better than Marty when he lets in a goal like that!?

Finally, how - at 3-2 with 8 seconds left - does he miss THAT!?

EDIT:

"We sucked." Teemu Selanne on yesterday's loss to USA. On being down 6-0: "at that point, we'd rather play curling."

Second, how in the hell can anyone claim Luongo is better than Marty when he lets in a goal like that!?

I take you back to the Canada V USA game last week.... I feel for Marty, I think its plain to see he is a bit past it now, his head obviously isnt in it anymore. Seen in that game and the Devs recent slump where he has been pretty limp...

"We sucked." Teemu Selanne on yesterday's loss to USA. On being down 6-0: "at that point, we'd rather play curling."

:lol:

So who is watching it then?

Thoroughly enthralling.... I also started watching it on BBC2 until the commentators almost sent me crazy... back in the welcoming buxom of eurosport, where the commentators actually know which position/club team each player normally plays...

... Luongo needs to be tested more if the US is going to win... time to take a few blasts....

Very good game, made all the better by that goal.

Getting texts/calls from friends who have previously had no interest in hockey saying they're watching and enjoying it. Just think what it could have done for interest in hockey in the UK had the BBC actually given it any attention before there was nothing else left to show.

I'v got two mates watching it, one of them has already adopted an nhl team though. He picked pheonix so that he got 6 games a season against me (dallas). My other mate has an old ducks jersey so i'm just trying to talk them into manchester pheonix. As for this game its all on the US in the first few minutes of the 3rd

ALL HAIL THE KID

I thought that might peak your bloody interest!

I thought it was a great exhibition of hockey to be honest. At times not the greatest game, but a full spread of the keys of the game.

I've already had several people saying they thoughroughly enjoyed it and hopefully our little community of 5 (six if you count Lukers occasional rants about Toronto :wink: ) can grow some more soon!