Friday Quizzical 18/09

1) Who am I? I was born in the 60s in London. My parents are of African and South American descent. My first club were in East England with my brother. I then spent time at Lincoln and Millwall before spending the best part of my career at Wimbledon where I scored over one hundred goals. I had a brief spell in The West Midlands before hanging up my boots. I played for England just twice in the late 80s. I forged a faily successful career off the pitch presenting on television.

2) Who were the last team from outside the top-flight to win the FA Cup?

3) Who is the only Montserratian player to have played in The Premier League?

4) Which country were Scotland due to play in a 1998 World Cup Qualifier until the host nation failed to turn up in protest of the game being brought forward (due to sub-standard floodlights) meaning the game only lasted for three seconds?

5) Which League club formerly played their home games at The National Hockey Stadium?

6) Club Atletico River Plate reside in which city in the Western Hemisphere?

7) Which Sheffield Wednesday player represented The Republic of Ireland at the 1994 World Cup and is now managing in League 2?

8) Which club play their home games at Moss Rose?

9) Cryptic Question: A picture of some food is punctured (Clue: He was born in Hammersmith on 24/04/1962)

**** Remember people who cheat and use the internet lose their big toes.

1) Who am I? I was born in the 60s in London. My parents are of African and South American descent. My first club were in East England with my brother. I then spent time at Lincoln and Millwall before spending the best part of my career at Wimbledon where I scored over one hundred goals. I had a brief spell in The West Midlands before hanging up my boots. I played for England just twice in the late 80s. I forged a faily successful career off the pitch presenting on television.

4) Which country were Scotland due to play in a 1998 World Cup Qualifier until the host nation failed to turn up in protest of the game being brought forward (due to sub-standard floodlights) meaning the game only lasted for three seconds?

5) Which League club formerly played their home games at The National Hockey Stadium?

7) Which Sheffield Wednesday player represented The Republic of Ireland at the 1994 World Cup and is now managing in League 2?

9) Cryptic Question: A picture of some food is punctured (Clue: He was born in Hammersmith on 24/04/1962)

1/ John Fashunu

2/ West Ham

3/

4/

5/ MK Mongs

6/ Buenos Aires

7/ Shez

8/ Macc

9/

Edited by oafcprozac

For 4) I think it was Estonia or Sweden. I'll go with Estonia.

John Fashanu

Ruel Fox

Estonia

Franchise Dongs

Buenos Aires

Shez

Macclesfield

Does that go for individuals who nick quizzes too? :lol::wink:

http://www.waccoe.com/lofiversion/index.php/t160326.html

Does that go for individuals who nick quizzes too? :lol::wink:

http://www.waccoe.com/lofiversion/index.php/t160326.html

I can't get on that link but I presume, the kid who posts it on there is the lad who writes the quiz, he emails it to me and I thought I would share the love. There is a picture of a ground which is the 10th question but I don't know how to get pictures on the forum.