M.E.N. reports Hyde United "wound up"

Pretty much...

You only pay corporation tax on profits... What else would you be paying HMRC ? Lets look at it...

Employees national insurance....

The income tax from you employees...

Employers national insurance...

None of it is money the club owns...

VAT payments...

Think of anything...and it simply is not their money...

Its simply a case of not managing you cash flow and then finally spending money which is not actually yours...and hence why HMRC kick off...

they just think "I can pay it back later its all good" and forget all about it, they take dodgy risks because the law has been so lenient with them, owners should be threatened with jail time, then they would think twice about spending it

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so now we have four rules (on top of existing game regulations)

pay vat on time

backpass rule outlawed, but minimum of three teammates must touch the ball before keeper can pick up again or ball must cross halfway line

handball is handball

at least 10% of ground must be standing

agree with all but the standing, we went back into that how long will it be before someone says "just another 5% standing" then another and another till you get all standing stadiums and another hillsborough,

agree that atmosphere isnt as good as it used to be but at least now you can safely bring your kids/cousins/nephews etc.

another rule would be that refs should be answerable to someone other than the FA or FIFA, i.e.an independent body,

its like filing a complaint about an opposite player to his manager, the manager will always side with his player, thats what is happening with the FA, FIFA n refs

they just think "I can pay it back later its all good" and forget all about it, they take dodgy risks because the law has been so lenient with them, owners should be threatened with jail time, then they would think twice about spending it

trading while insolvent is illegal. I think a lot of clubs are probably in this area

trading while insolvent is illegal. I think a lot of clubs are probably in this area

Just because a club makes a loss doesn't make it insolvent. If you look at the value attached to the "golden share" that gives membership of the football league, that would usually cover liabilities.

Most start-up businesses would be "insolvent" on a simlar basis - they make a loss and have liabilities beyond their assets. :huh:

Edited by real

quote name='Max Damage' post='312121' date='Sep 24 2009, 18:38 PM']and with all this going on according to the news today this hopeless government is telling the FA it will stop £25 mill in funding if the FA don't support a womens football league!!!!!!. You couldn't make it up

What a gross misrepresentation. The Govt has said the FA has failed in a number of areas - not only womens football but also youth development.

Hopeless govt? Roll on another dose of Tory self interest eh? And do you remember the attitude to football under Thatcher and Major?

FA failings[

Edited by LaticsPete

Yeah ok mate. Put an X next to labour then and it will be the last vote you ever have when they sell us down the river to europe and give themselves the best jobs for selling this country out. Having said that with the country now totally busted by them maybe we need europe to save us. Illegal wars, lies, bankruptcy, unelected crooks in power, despicable new laws, the list is endless and I feel sorry for people like you Pete who remember labour when they cared about you.

Back to football and away from the "independent" BBC...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle6847064.ece

Sutcliffe has also called on the FA to work more harmoniously with the Premier League and Football League and expressed his disappointment at their lack of development in crucial areas of the national game, such as women's football and the increased participation of ethnic minorities in all levels of the game.

I'm sure hyde could do with a bit of that which was the point since the tax people ie this government are winding them up

Edited by Max Damage

What a gross misrepresentation. The Govt has said the FA has failed in a number of areas - not only womens football but also youth development.

Hopeless govt? Roll on another dose of Tory self interest eh? And do you remember the attitude to football under Thatcher and Major?

Little time for Thatcher's attitude to football.

But Major made a massive reduction to the tax bill of the Football Trust which ensured several million pounds reached lower league clubs to help them comply with the findings of the Taylor report.

Yeah ok mate. Put an X next to labour then and it will be the last vote you ever have when they sell us down the river to europe and give themselves the best jobs for selling this country out. Having said that with the country now totally busted by them maybe we need europe to save us.

I seem to remeber we joined what was then the Common Market under Ted Heath.

It was the Tories who destroyed the industry of this country , look around the towns and cities of the North, Midlands etc. And Georgie Osborne and his Toff chums ain't going to fix anything.

But I think I'm off topic!

I seem to remeber we joined what was then the Common Market under Ted Heath.

It was the Tories who destroyed the industry of this country , look around the towns and cities of the North, Midlands etc. And Georgie Osborne and his Toff chums ain't going to fix anything.

But I think I'm off topic!

Thatcher also signed the Single European Act.

Possibly her worst decision.

Yeah ok mate. Put an X next to labour then and it will be the last vote you ever have when they sell us down the river to europe and give themselves the best jobs for selling this country out. Having said that with the country now totally busted by them maybe we need europe to save us.

Back to football and away from the "independent" BBC...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle6847064.ece

Sutcliffe has also called on the FA to work more harmoniously with the Premier League and Football League and expressed his disappointment at their lack of development in crucial areas of the national game, such as women's football and the increased participation of ethnic minorities in all levels of the game.

I'm sure hyde could do with a bit of that which was the point since the tax people ie this government are winding them up

What are you talking about? The process of 'selling the country down the river to Europe' has been going on ever since the Tories (the traditional EEC enthusiast party) took us in there in 1973.

As for the country being busted, that's what comes of uncritically following the neo-liberal economics pioneered by the Thatcher governments that saw the financial markets freed up to the extent that the banks could do what's in large part landed us in the mess. All New Labour did was embrace it.

Indirectly, you can trace the ignominious end of the BP redevelopment (and the club?) to Thatcher's election in 1979...

But she would never ever sign the Lisbon treaty, Would never send our troops to illegal wars to make the rich richer, never bankrupt the country, allow total mass unchecked immigration, use a tax system to encourage welfare dependency, etc, etc

I voted labour twice after Major was in. Didn't vote the third time, and am praying for the day Brown and his crooked unelected mate Mandleson are gone. but will it be too late by then? will we be ruled by europe with their boss the king of lies Blair in the boss seat?

As for the free market yes Thatcher backs it but she also backed regulation. Labour just put useless stooges in all the positions and regulated nothing. This banking disaster were the banks went mad happened on labours watch and with their full backing over the last 10 years so they could waste the tax revenue.

Labour do great on some things but shockingly bad on others and now their time is well and truely up

Last post. I will shut up now as it is way off topic.

Edited by Max Damage

It REALLY annoys me when busineses do not keep up there payments to HMRC...

When you consider you only pay HMRC when you make profits there is no excuses for the money that is due to HMRC to just disappear. Its simply a case of people spending other peoples money.

HMRC should wind up 90% of the football clubs in this country...

what a ridiculous statement to make

But she would never ever sign the Lisbon treaty, Would never send our troops to illegal wars to make the rich richer, never bankrupt the country, allow total mass unchecked immigration, use a tax system to encourage welfare dependency, etc, etc

Your faith in Thatcher is quite naive. She was a pioneer of welfare dependancy, used the Falklands war as an electioneering exercise (and sank the belgrano a little suspiciously), sold off assets to let the banks use them as profit vehicles, and pretty much decimated industry

I voted labour twice after Major was in. Didn't vote the third time, and am praying for the day Brown and his crooked unelected mate Mandleson are gone. but will it be too late by then? will we be ruled by europe with their boss the king of lies Blair in the boss seat?

As for the free market yes Thatcher backs it but she also backed regulation. Labour just put useless stooges in all the positions and regulated nothing. This banking disaster were the banks went mad happened on labours watch and with their full backing over the last 10 years so they could waste the tax revenue.

Labour do great on some tings but shockingly bad on others and now their time is well and truely up

Last post. I will shup up now as it is way off topic.

Just because a club makes a loss doesn't make it insolvent. If you look at the value attached to the "golden share" that gives membership of the football league, that would usually cover liabilities.

Most start-up businesses would be "insolvent" on a simlar basis - they make a loss and have liabilities beyond their assets. :huh:

I never said a club just has to make a loss... I know exactly what insolvency is and I reckon a large number of football league clubs could be classed in that way....

The example of a start up is CLEARLY flawed... Insolvency is about the inability to pay one's debts as they fall due...

Edited by oafc0000

I voted labour twice after major was in. didn't vote the third time, and am praying for the day Brown and his crooked unelected mate Mandleson are gone. but will it be too late by then? will we be ruled by europe with their boss the king of lies Blair in the boss seat?

Last post. I will shup up now as it is way off topic.

Are you joking? Thatcher would either have done all of those things, or she would have been got rid of by her party, in favour of somebody who would. European unity has always proceeded by stealth. The Tories (including Thatcher) favoured it as a bulwark against domestic radicalism, knowing that any Labour government with big ideas about economic redistribution would be undermined by the business-oriented EU. Thatcher's retreat from the process for a time was purely tactical, due to the vanquishing of any such domestic radicalism. Meanwhile, it is, as I said, the economics set in motion by the Thatcher governments, and copied by others elsewhere, that has seen the banks and other financial insitutions take the world economy to the brink. All Labour did was embrace the new orthodoxy in order to get elected. Nothing they have done since would seriously excite Thatcher's disapproval. After all, didn't she annoy Cameron and co. by praising Gordon Brown a couple of years ago?

As for the war in Iraq-as world oil production heads towards peak, economic necessity dictates that the West has to safeguard supplies if it is going to keep the present economic and social system from crumbling. That is why any and all deceptions were wheeled out as reasons for going to war in the Middle East. It would have happened under Thatcher. It will happen again, no matter who is in government.

If you know anything about Thatcher you can hardly say that she was averse to making the rich richer by fair means or foul. It was her governments that started the whole greed-driven mess we're in today off. Those honourable Tories who had qualms about what was going on back then were brushed aside and vilified as 'wets.'

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Its totally fool hardy to think what happened to football would not of happened under a different government. No one could ignore the mess football was back in the 80's. Any ruling government would of done the same...

Its a shame when it comes to elections not many people can look beyond the three main parities. They are all woeful. Would love to see the end of party poltics but that will always remain a dream. I hope we have a good independent i can put a X against

The first part of this statement is the exact opposite of what happened. It was the Thatcher governments that pioneered the deregulation of the financial markets. The most you can say in her favour is that she listened too much to the very same neo-liberal economic dogmatists who played such a big part in causing-and failed to see approaching-last autumn's financial meltdown, without fully understanding what she was doing.

Don't think I'm defending the venal and opportunistic New Labour regime, by the way.

I wouldn't think that. I agree with the poster on a good independent. sadly though we need a new party as the main 3 are only in it for a career and the country is irrelevent. they sign Lisbon purely for selfish reasons and their own power trips and the rest of us can whistle as our democracy and freedoms are removed.