All gone off again round Coalshaw Green

oafcprozac

Must admit I was too

So am I, nothing anywhere reported. Complete news black-out and bearing in mind a major artery through Chadderton was closed for 6 hours on Saturday morning forcing buses to divert and police, detectives and forensics everywhere and knocking door to door whilst still patrolling the area on Sunday I'm absolutely at a loss why this has not been reported anywhere.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why not?

a crime number isn't going to damage enquiries is it?

..or haven't they thought of a number yet?

theres still a job for johnny ball :grin:

Why's it needed the father to report it to the press, before the briefest of police statements were released?

Edited by oafcprozac

The Police don't go making statements every time there is a crime, it would have taken the Bison to go and ask them about it. Reading that article, I think we should be keeping a pretty open mind about what happened, they certainly seem to have done something to piss the driver off, and there are various ways young bladdered lads can do that.

The Police don't go making statements every time there is a crime, it would have taken the Bison to go and ask them about it. Reading that article, I think we should be keeping a pretty open mind about what happened, they certainly seem to have done something to piss the driver off, and there are various ways young bladdered lads can do that.

Still doesn't justify attempted murder as let's be honest that's what it boils down to. Now if he was a hackney cab, they're all fitted with CCTV, some private hire are as well so that may tell the story but were the lads legally picked up? Or were they private hire 'flaggers'? Could the driver had another motive despite fare jumping? Attempted robbery? Not uncommon for drivers to be robbed these days. Tbh the parents need to be more aware of just what their son(s) are up to at 5am on A Saturday morning.

I hope the young lad gets his case investigated properly off the police (not like me)

i hope the lad gets compensation (not like me, yet)

a similar incident happened to me about 18 month ago, where i was badly beaten up and mugged by 3 asains who got out of a taxi (i wont say the taxi firm), the taxi firm had a tracker system, but the 'policeman' in charge of my case -

1) didnt even visit the crime scene (after being told where it was 4 times!)

2) ignored 2 suspects names (given to him by the owner of the taxi firm, using the tracker system)

3) made up his own version of events to the criminal injuries compensation (which meant i couldnt claim)

its now in the hands of the police complaints commision :sleeping:

i hope the lad gets justice, you wouldnt believe the trouble i am going through, to get justice for myself - but im determined to do it!

rant over :ranting::D

i think you will need that crime reference number to claim for your car prozac

I hope the young lad gets his case investigated properly off the police (not like me)

a similar incident happened to me about 18 month ago, where i was badly beaten up and mugged by 3 asains who got out of a taxi (i wont say the taxi firm), the taxi firm had a tracker system, but the 'policeman' in charge of my case -

2) ignored 2 suspects names (given to him by the owner of the taxi firm, using the tracker system)

3) made up his own version of events to the criminal injuries compensation (which meant i couldnt claim)

i hope the lad gets justice, you wouldnt believe the trouble i am going through, to get justice for myself - but im determined to do it!

Sounds like the only similarity si that there was a taxi in the nearby area

“We are happy with the police’s co-operation and I would to thank the medical staff who arrived at the scene.”

You don't need a crime number as far as I am aware. It's just a claim against your insurance but of course it would affect your no claims bonus if the insurance company doesn't make a claim against someone else's insurance company (which would then make a crime number handy).

Edited by jimsleftfoot

I doubt they will give you one until they prosecute someone.

not correct.

my scooter was vandelised in oldham town centre many moons ago.

i had a crime number in my pocket with 30 mins of reporting it (it was left for only 1 hour or so)

they never nicked anyone for it.

the crime number was for insurance purposes.

not correct.

my scooter was vandelised in oldham town centre many moons ago.

i had a crime number in my pocket with 30 mins of reporting it (it was left for only 1 hour or so)

they never nicked anyone for it.

the crime number was for insurance purposes.

It could have changed. I had my car window put through in Jan and I rang up the police non-emergency number and he said that they wouldn't give me a crime number and I should just claim through my insurance.

I also had a neighbour drive his lorry into my parked car a few years ago and I swear they didn't give me one then (though not 100%)... they also didn't investigate it either.

Thankfully I have now moved somewhere better and my insurance premiums have dropped by 55% or so.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

It could have changed. I had my car window put through in Jan and I rang up the police non-emergency number and he said that they wouldn't give me a crime number and I should just claim through my insurance.

I also had a neighbour drive his lorry into my parked car a few years ago and I swear they didn't give me one then (though not 100%)... they also didn't investigate it either.

Thankfully I have now moved somewhere better and my insurance premiums have dropped by 55% or so.

The lad's dad has just been round (i'm off today with my son) told me the taxi-driver has been released pending further inquiries. He wanted to have a look at my car, the wife's out in it at the moment. He couldn't apololgise enough, his lad claims he didn't 'bump' the taxi and made it clear they only had £4 but would get the rest from his mam and dad. The taxi driver tried to lock them in the car and threatened them, they then made a run for it but as he lives round the corner why did they make a run for it down the backings behind my house?

Anyhow the damage to my care imo is consistent to someone being pinned to it, the dents are in perfect symmetry and consistent with a small person's legs or buttocks making the indentations, apparently this is consistent with what the boy has told his dad and his injuries. The driver pinned him to our car and then despite the lad coughing up blood assaulted the boy with a blunt instrument, severing part of the kids ear - the whole unsavoury incident only ended when a neighbour ran to the lad's aid. One more thing I spotted was a number of buttons around my car, when the copper allowed me into the crime scene to check my car - that imo is consistent with someone grabbing the lad. Should have been a copper instead of a teacher!

Not sure why the guy hasn't been charged...

Edited by oafcprozac

Had mine put through whilst I was away on my stag do in June 2006. I got a crime number no problem but decided to sort it ourselves.

The taxi driver tried to lock them in the car and threatened them, they then made a run for it but as he lives round the corner why did they make a run for it down the backings behind my house?

Had a similar thing done to me. I was 50p short, hardly a huge amount and he threatened to lock me in and drive me to a certain location. All over 50p. Told him I would go inside and get the 50p. Managed to get out and walk to my house over the road with him threatening all sorts as he speeds off. Obviously not that keen on his 50p after all. Five years on, I am still waiting for him to carry out his threats.

Had a similar thing done to me. I was 50p short, hardly a huge amount and he threatened to lock me in and drive me to a certain location. All over 50p. Told him I would go inside and get the 50p. Managed to get out and walk to my house over the road with him threatening all sorts as he speeds off. Obviously not that keen on his 50p after all. Five years on, I am still waiting for him to carry out his threats.

Happened to my mate a few years ago, the driver stopped outside his house and my mate said he's just pop in and get him the money he owed. The driver locked him in then car before driving him over to Red Cars on Ashton Road where a group of Taxi Drivers assaulted him, smashing his face in quite badly. Nothing came of it, the police claimed it was all my friend's own fault.

Happened to my mate a few years ago, the driver stopped outside his house and my mate said he's just pop in and get him the money he owed. The driver locked him in then car before driving him over to Red Cars on Ashton Road where a group of Taxi Drivers assaulted him, smashing his face in quite badly. Nothing came of it, the police claimed it was all my friend's own fault.

thats like my case, unlike your mate i wont let it lie

These accounts of assault or attempted assault hat the hands of some taxi drivers' vigilante group is sickening. I don't doubt for one minute that the drivers have had their fair share of being robbed, mugged and assaulted without the support needed from the Police - but taking the law into their own hands is not on, it's not the answer - it'll just get worse.

I wasn't drunk either (surprisingly) so still to this day remember the taxi badge number and the name and photo on the ID badge in the car. Maybe reminding him of that as I got out made him scurry off. I did call the rank but they took no interest.

A while back at the rank in Royton kids went on a wrecking spree. No prizes for guessing why.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

I've been in Spain (Nerja) last week for my fiance's friends wedding. We stayed in the town, but the wedding was in a villa in the hills, about 2 miles away.

Anyway, we shared a cab back to the town at 3am with a couple of gay guys that the fiance knows, and who were dead pleasant up until then. One of them is in his 40's and an inspector in GMP, which makes the following events all the more suprising for me.

We waited about half an hour for the cab, so for one I was very relieved when it arrived, because the walk would have been a mare. Not only that, one of the guys inconvenienced the cab driver by having to return to the villa [we strolled a couple of hundred yards down the hill] to collect his wallet left in his rented car. When we arrived at the town centre, the older off-duty police inspector guy starting playing havoc with the driver for not having a meter, stating it was illegal to charge us 10 euros for the journey. I tried calming the fuss down by giving the driver our half, but the guys continued to argue the case with the [now furious] driver. Within a minute some cars pulled up with about 5 or 10 angry cabbies screaming aggressively in spanish at the pair who were being argumentitive back. We left the ludicrous scenario with them backing the two guys off into their hotel and us quietly shuffling off to our apartment, but it could have been a load worse.

It just felt like the last scene in The Big Lebowski with me trying to diffuse the situation when the Nihlists confront the Dude and Walter for the money they think they're owed. Madness.

She caught up with one of them earlier this week and he was still bullish and completely oblivious to the fact that they'd put us in a potentially dangerous situation because of 5 fricking Euros!