When was the last time

After a goal for the opposition you heard applause and encourage ment for the team? Thats what happened tonight. Ok it wasn't defening, but much better than the usual.

You could see after the 2nd how happy BP was. Looked really proud of em.

Very Very Happy tonight after that.

After a goal for the opposition you heard applause and encourage ment for the team? Thats what happened tonight. Ok it wasn't defening, but much better than the usual.

Yeah I was chuffed with that reaction too - it would have been a travesty if the Mongs had got anything out of that game.

I cant get the smile off my face. Really enjoyed tonight, even though the attendance was :censored: the crowd got behind the team and the team performed and you could tell they really wanted it. Young hungry team.

You could tell how much it meant to the players at full time.

Opens up the age old debate...3,600 fans cheering on and supporting the team or another 1,000 or 2 that are the 1st to moan and drag down the atmopshere. It's our impossible catch 22...but I know I certainly enjoyed that tonight more than any home game for a long time.

By the way, if we're doing a"When was the last time?" post...can I throw one in...

When was the last time you enjoyed a home game like that? (Performance, rather than the result.)

I'd say, off the top of my head, possibly the Notts Forest 5-0 a few years back...will rack my brain for any others since.

NB: One I've thought of, possibly Scunny at home last season. That was up there with our handful of very good home performances in last few years.

Edited by boundaryblue80

By the way, if we're doing a"When was the last time?" post...can I throw one in...

When was the last time you enjoyed a home game like that? (Performance, rather than the result.)

I'd say, off the top of my head, possibly the Notts Forest 5-0 a few years back...will rack my brain for any others since.

NB: One I've thought of, possibly Scunny at home last season. That was up there with our handful of very good home performances in last few years.

Stockport last season I'd say.

But I hate them franchise c**ts more than any other team so that was sweet!

Hereford and Cheltenham last season were very dominating displays last season.

4-1 against Huddersfield the season before.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

All against pisspoor sides though, Stockport, Hereford and Chelts were dog turd and relegation fodder (Stockport just had enough points in the bag before their team was ripped apart days before we played them last season)...that's why I feel tonight is quite a performance above those. And if we'd won 5-0 tonight, it'd be hard to say it wasn't deserved. Possibly the Udders game...although, they were dire that season too. MKScum will be top 10 this season so just feel it's doubley pleasing tonight.

Edited by boundaryblue80

All against pisspoor sides though, Stockport, Hereford and Chelts were dog turd and relegation fodder (Stockport just had enough points in the bag before their team was ripped apart days before we played them last season)...that's why I feel tonight is quite a performance above those. And if we'd won 5-0 tonight, it'd be hard to say it wasn't deserved. Possibly the Udders game...although, they were dire that season too. MKScum will be top 10 this season so just feel it's doubley pleasing tonight.

lewis and smalley upfront against carlisle last season or season before? hughes went off injured after about 10 mins

bright inventive play like tonight-good to see

Opens up the age old debate...3,600 fans cheering on and supporting the team or another 1,000 or 2 that are the 1st to moan and drag down the atmopshere. It's our impossible catch 22...but I know I certainly enjoyed that tonight more than any home game for a long time.

I was saying in the pub after the game that it was the best performance since Scunny home last year , but don't get complacent about the fans as 40 secs after Whittaker had run 60 yards and played parker in for hte 2nd goal , the guy behind me still gave him some gyp!

I've come away from four goal thrashings of the likes of Cheltenham quite underwhelmed in the past, simply because it was so easy.

Tonight was better than those because we had to work fecking hard for it.

Bit like the 4-3 over Millwall last season. I thoroughly enjoyed that. (At the end anyway...) :grin:

Whilst I don't want to detract from most posts main points how well the lads dug in, played and wanted the win. Nor how it was noticeable the crowd was nowhere near as hostile as in the recent past however, it was the performance on the pitch that reaped the crowds backing and not the small amount there.

I will make a controversial statement (not). If the side put in that level of performance in terms of effort and will to win playing good football crowds will return in a supporting noisey manner. It's really that simple.

And lets hope history doesn't repeat itself because after Scunny last year we lost to YEOVIL at home on the Saturday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree,

The t*sser who sits behind me and compares us to U:censored:ed all match long and calls young players sh*T was there last night , god it was peacefull and a good atmosphere!!

Agree with that, the result was right and fully deserved but the performance was more pleasing for me, played some lovely stuff and the 'stay aways' missed a treat.

The 2 games you mentioned Forest and Scunthorpe do spring to mind as previous best performances.

Everybody put a shift in tonight, excellent team performance.

Considering the injury list we have and the players still to come back, we should have some very healthy competition for places if and when we get everybody fit.

Worthington

Holdsworth

Jacobsen

Purdie

Blackman

Alessandra

Smalley

all to come back.

I will make a controversial statement (not). If the side put in that level of performance in terms of effort and will to win playing good football crowds will return in a supporting noisey manner. It's really that simple.

The problem is, there are going to be some poor performances to come (we're not Premier League any more!), and we, as fans, have got to realise that, and help to avoid turning one poor performance into a poor run, cos it all just tends to spiral out of control once the crowd gets hostile.

Edited by bpmarko

The problem is, there are going to be some poor performances to come (we're not Premoer League any more!), and we, as fans, have got to realise that, and help to avoid turning one poor performance into a poor run, cos it all just tends to spiral out of control once the crowd gets hostile.

were not ?! :disappointed:

i remember the days when this use to happen all the time n even when we were losing by 2 nil we would still be singing our hearts,long may it continue.

were not ?! :disappointed:

Am not sure if you are commenting on the delusions of some of our support, or my dreadful typo (now corrected),

but if the former, then yes, some people really do need to wake up and smell the coffee sometimes

or if the latter then

Are you following my posts around, and now my personal proof reader? :ranting:

Am not sure if you are commenting on the delusions of some of our support, or my dreadful typo (now corrected),

but if the former, then yes, some people really do need to wake up and smell the coffee sometimes

or if the latter then

Are you following my posts around, and now my personal proof reader? :ranting:

I laughin at your were not in the prem no more comment ,

calm down !

And lets hope history doesn't repeat itself because after Scunny last year we lost to YEOVIL at home on the Saturday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In tonight's rarely wrong Chron DP says: “It is easy raising your tempo against the likes of MK Dons or other teams at the top, but we have to make sure we do it against Yeovil and ensure it isn’t a case of after the Lord Mayor’s Show.

“We need to play at the same tempo and show the same enthusiasm and workrate.”