Shez on SSN now...

being interviewed live ahead of Chesterfield's game with Grimsby toneet. Every other word is 'erm,' Latics legend and all that but isn't it nice to have such a relaxed media friendly manager?

Doesn't get you results I know but it can show the club in a positive light rather than a miserable manc who looks like he's just pissed all his money away in the bookies!

being interviewed live ahead of Chesterfield's game with Grimsby toneet. Every other word is 'erm,' Latics legend and all that but isn't it nice to have such a relaxed media friendly manager?

Doesn't get you results I know but it can show the club in a positive light rather than a miserable manc who looks like he's just pissed all his money away in the bookies!

in all the time he was here

i can safely say i never saw him smile once

in all the time he was here

i can safely say i never saw him smile once

God he sounded thick,

errr strong at home errr.

players are gelling errrm

strong at home errr

stay positive errrr

Ermmmm yeah I mean errr, Mark Crossley has been a differnt class errrr..,

We are strong at home errrrrmmm.

that was the interview

God he sounded thick,

strong at home errr

stay positive errrr

that was the interview

'different class' - please no :sick01:

strong at home errr

stay positive errrr

Hfffrgh bbrrrrmz krrrrghh mmmmbblaah ackkkkkkk bbbrrainzzzzzz.....

16505.jpg

This whole thread is a bit harsh IMO. Good luck to shez. Being media savvy doesnt mean or win anything.

'tis true.

As far as I'm concerned it's just a bit of light-hearted mickey-taking. I'll always keep an eye out for how he's doing .... pretty well so far at Chesterfield.

'tis true.

As far as I'm concerned it's just a bit of light-hearted mickey-taking. I'll always keep an eye out for how he's doing .... pretty well so far at Chesterfield.

Yeah, just everywhere other than Cheaterfield they've been a bit pap*.

*Though to be fair they've played at Daggers, Shrews, Badfud and Rovrum - who you'd think'll be half decent this year.

I was thinking the same Corp.... anyone that leaves is instantly :censored: The Whittaker/Wellens and now Pav/Porter debates highlight this.

Mind you, I have to agree Shez was never very media friendly :grin:

Football shows in microcosm (and in a relatively harmless way) why political leaders and monarchs are strung up and their statues toppled-by the very same people who euphorically cheered their speeches only a short time before.

That reminds me of the discussion we had at work on how Maggie's funeral might turn into some kind of Thatcher Memorial Riot.

General concensus was it could be a fun day out in London, just like the good old days.

There might be riots organised by those who don't recognise their political irrelevance to anything going on today-but they will definitely be overshadowed by overbearing media celebration of her supposed greatness. Hardly anybody will recognise that it's a celebration of the deindustrialisation, and the complete wasting of the energy independence, of the country.

Shez was a poor manager. Not the worst, but not good either. Tactically inept, embarrassing man-management skills and allowed farce to reign within the club for a while. I thank him as a player, but wish him nothing as a manager. Especially after the way he had me feeling about my club last season. Never again!!! He never once learned, or wanted to learn, from mistakes that constantly stared him in the face. And lead to his downfall. League Two may be his level. I suspect though that CFC will do nothing but tread water and Shez will leave after 2 seasons after spending yet another decent budget for the level he's managing at.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Shez was a poor manager. Not the worst, but not good either. Tactically inept, embarrassing man-management skills and allowed farce to reign within the club for a while. I thank him as a player, but wish him nothing as a manager. Especially after the way he had me feeling about my club last season. Never again!!! He never once learned, or wanted to learn, from mistakes that constantly stared him in the face. And lead to his downfall. League Two may be his level. I suspect though that CFC will do nothing but tread water and Shez will leave after 2 seasons after spending yet another decent budget for the level he's managing at.

By all none OWTB accounts, his budget was relatively small. Smaller than his results suggested anyway..... ^_^

By all none OWTB accounts, his budget was relatively small. Smaller than his results suggested anyway..... ^_^

It was an excellent budget-the best we could hope for, according to most people on OWTB, in fact-when his side were doing well, and 'the fourth lowest in the division' when things were going badly.

I was thinking the same Corp.... anyone that leaves is instantly :censored: The Whittaker/Wellens and now Pav/Porter debates highlight this.

+1

But as for...

anyone that leaves is instantly :censored:

I thought it was just Manure fans who acted like that - we're not that arrogant are we?

It was an excellent budget-the best we could hope for, according to most people on OWTB, in fact-when his side were doing well, and 'the fourth lowest in the division' when things were going badly.

I thought the budget was pretty clear. It was fourth worst in the division. Then we signed loan players and it became top ten level. For some reason people like to cloud this situation.

And, again, you have to ask who raised the budget with loan signings, as I've heard from a few sensible people that the loan signings weren't particularly done by Sheridan. Certainly the one that knocked them right up that wage-table, Windass.

Shez had a top 5 budget in his 1st 2 seasons...TTA told us that...not OWTB!

It was considerably reduced in his 3rd season as he was expected to have the squad together that he'd been building. Sadly the squad was being loaned out everywhere, while we played everyone elses :censored: or crocked players. Shez very cleverly spinned the budget bull:censored: last season to try and covering his failings. Not the acts of a manager who knows what he's doing. For his sake, I hope in his summer leave he had time to reflect and has learned from it. I doubt it though.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I thought the budget was pretty clear. It was fourth worst in the division. Then we signed loan players and it became top ten level. For some reason people like to cloud this situation.

All I remember is that opinion was almost unanimous on here before the start of last season that the budget for the coming campaign was the last sizeable one we should expect. Nobody mentioned anything about it being the fourth worst in the division until things strted going badly, when I think it was Sheridan himself who claimed it was the case. After a period of confusion, somebody or other came up with something like you state above.

The issue might have been clouded, but it wasn't down to anybody on here.