glastonbury 2010

pukka

My seat on my sofa is reserved. I'm far too old to go there these days and hopefully the BBC will have got Bowman off their coverage.

I wouldn't say far too old, but I refuse to pay over £200 for a festival, when for the same money I could go to one in Barcelona and get an apartment with practically guaranteed sunshine and a better line up.

Glastonbury atmosphere my arse.

I've never been and cos of that I had to do it once. Leeds is a decent festival, but too many scallies go.

My hopes for the line up - Muse and Radiohead (I know Thom Yorke has complained about glasto, but It'd be great to see em there). And rolf harris.

I wouldn't say far too old, but I refuse to pay over £200 for a festival, when for the same money I could go to one in Barcelona and get an apartment with practically guaranteed sunshine and a better line up.

Glastonbury atmosphere my arse.

Apartment???? Whats that about, where do you put your tent?

Apartment???? Whats that about, where do you put your tent?

Sod that. Last year we had a bloody lovely 18th floor Duplex apartment overlooking the North West of the city.

Did camping at a festival in Cumbria last August. Didn't mind it so much because I could park my car next to it so no lugging for miles with my equipment. I'd never even consider the park up, walk for an hour or so with bags before pitching my tent Glasto thing. In the rain.

Ugh.

Sod that. Last year we had a bloody lovely 18th floor Duplex apartment overlooking the North West of the city.

Did camping at a festival in Cumbria last August. Didn't mind it so much because I could park my car next to it so no lugging for miles with my equipment. I'd never even consider the park up, walk for an hour or so with bags before pitching my tent Glasto thing. In the rain.

Ugh.

Went to Glasto last year. Traffic was horrendous, took us 14 hours to get there, 10 of that stuck in traffic. Hours walk with our bags/beer/tents once we got there. The toilets already stank. Our beer was warm. The food was sh*t. Pissed down thursday night, was muddy as hell on friday morning. Found out my waterproof wasn't infact waterproof, so I got soaked to the skin. Lost my phone.

Was it worth it?.....course it f*****g was! Best weekend ever.

Ugh.

Fair enough, I do enjoy the camping festivals but after 4 glasto’s, 2 Leeds and 1 Roskilde, the Barca sounds a good idea.

have a peek!

http://www.lovingbarcelona.com/

also,i get discount codes from this company ,so if anyone is interested,let me know.

And of course, Primavera Sound Festival. Book when they get released around December as they're usually about 65 Euros, then go up in stages as more bands get announced.

Went to Glasto last year. Traffic was horrendous, took us 14 hours to get there, 10 of that stuck in traffic. Hours walk with our bags/beer/tents once we got there. The toilets already stank. Our beer was warm. The food was sh*t. Pissed down thursday night, was muddy as hell on friday morning. Found out my waterproof wasn't infact waterproof, so I got soaked to the skin. Lost my phone.

Was it worth it?.....course it f*****g was! Best weekend ever.

:lol:

Glastonbury rocks :)

I didnt have one warm beer :) Besides some of the fine real ales from the real ale tent :)

The traffic queues were nuts! Its never THAT bad... I go in the queue around 5/6pm... got on site at 1am... Luckily we did the campervan thing this year so it was simply case of just parking up :)

Edited by oafc0000

I go every year... Cant go this year because of the arrival of my baby :grin:

Babys first Glasto will be 2011 :)

I thought I saw someone with the same username as you on one of the glasto forums. I stayed in a hotel on the Tues night nearby with the aim of getting there for opening. We were meeting mates who were traveling over from Northampton way, in Warminster, but they were delayed and we ended up getting stuck in stationary traffic 7 miles from the site. Luckily we jibbed down a dirt track road and with the aid of the old sat nav, made it to glasto in 7 mins missing out the hours of trafic :grin: Only problem was they put us in the car park furthest away from where we wanted to camp.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Then we'd all see that Dave carried him for the last 30+ years. We all know who the true talent in that band was and no mistake.

It's like the Beatles in many ways. Chas managed to come across as the talented working class one who wrote the best songs, but he was in fact an Old Etonian who graduated with a double first in Classics from Magdelene College. Dave on the other hand was an authentic working class boy who loves his mum and who you could leave your house unlocked if you lived next door to him.

I thought I saw someone with the same username as you on one of the glasto forums. I stayed in a hotel on the Tues night nearby with the aim of getting there for opening. We were meeting mates who were traveling over from Northampton way, in Warminster, but they were delayed and we ended up getting stuck in stationary traffic 7 miles from the site. Luckily we jibbed down a dirt track road and with the aid of the old sat nav, made it to glasto in 7 mins missing out the hours of trafic :grin: Only problem was they put us in the car park furthest away from where we wanted to camp.

wow you got lucky mate... You can do that and get yourself stuck on a side road and when it starts moving you dont.... Lucky you :D