Season Review DVD

I'm sure we used to have DVD's of the seasons. I had one on video of the 2001/2002 season.

Why dont we have them, i'd love to have one of last season.

Surely theres a marketing oppertunity!

i was gonna say this earlier, i would buy at least one copy a season from now till i die, as would thousands of other people

there are no brainers everywhere you look

i was gonna say this earlier, i would buy at least one copy a season from now till i die, as would thousands of other people

there are no brainers everywhere you look

02/03 great season - Play Offs

03/04 we got the 3 disc rip-off (Ok I bought it!)

04/05 Good cup runs, a few good performances in Nov/Dec - Not so Great escape

05/06 OK the much maligned Freddie Boswell season BUT there were a few highlights

06/07 Best football we've played in years from September - February

07/08 Everton etc...

08/09 Early part of the season was a real highlight, Joe's return etc..

A fair wedge to be made

Get on the case Ackey - do it as a a box-set £50-60 there would be takers - the video exists PTV have most of it and i'm sure the FL would have footage too.

02/03 great season - Play Offs

03/04 we got the 3 disc rip-off (Ok I bought it!)

04/05 Good cup runs, a few good performances in Nov/Dec - Not so Great escape

05/06 OK the much maligned Freddie Boswell season BUT there were a few highlights

06/07 Best football we've played in years from September - February

07/08 Everton etc...

08/09 Early part of the season was a real highlight, Joe's return etc..

A fair wedge to be made

Get on the case Ackey - do it as a a box-set £50-60 there would be takers - the video exists PTV have most of it and i'm sure the FL would have footage too.

Brilliant Idea, got the 3 disc one. the 3rd disk doesnt work. Love to get an 02/03 one! :D

good idea although it wont happen I'm affraid due to the Latics Player facility through FLi / PTV ....

For the subscription, you already get the highlights and goals for £3.99 a month

This is the next step, all maches will be archived so for the subscription you will get a few seasons worth of goals and not just one season

I didnt realise there was a dvd of the city game. Never seen it in the club shop. Id buy a dvd or that match and the everton one. In fact, id buy a dvd every season.

The club shop is a joke. Same old stuff in there season after season.

dvds is one idea. ive always liked those cushions they have on soccer am too. im sure the club could sell somethin like that. the line of clothing that is sold is also crap and usually odd fitting.

FA Cup games dont fall under the same regulations as league games I believe, same for all cup games with Latics player etc

Someone's telling you porkies mate re: these 'regulations' just spoke to mates on FB that support Sheff Wed, Blackpool, Forest, Bury, Rochdale etc...and they've all bought season reviews on DVD from their club shops within the last couple of years all FL clubs, all supposedly governed by PTV etc.. but all have released said compilations.

Edited by oafcprozac

Someone's telling you porkies mate re: these 'regulations' just spoke to mates on FB that support Sheff Wed, Blackpool, Forest, Bury, Rochdale etc...and they've all bought season reviews on DVD from their club shops within the last couple of years all FL clubs, all supposedly governed by PTV etc.. but all have released said compilations.

I think its more about the cost of acquiring the rights, not the logistics regarding availability. Maybe Latics think the demand isn't there to cover the cost of acquiring this license for public distribution.

At first I thought that our crowds are not great, so how would we sell DVD's, till I thought that I would definately buy the DVD's!

Though I expect they are not cheap if you have to pay PTV fee!

Although obviously promotion seasons tend to sell better and not enough of them, others available include:

Execeter 08/09

Tower power!!Blackpool 2008/9

Scunthorpe admittely promotion 2008.9

Swnasea 2008/0

Mid table Leyton Orient

QPR

Edited by singe